Any tips for a Pokemon Fanfic?

TheOneWho

I'm interested in making a pokemon fanfic and would appreciate any tips. There are some points with my story idea that might affect some tips.

1. Because I can't write a cannon character without it being OOC to save my life. Like my Yugioh fanfic, the world will be a pokemon world completely separate from any cannon, which means that little to no cannon characters will appear.
2. The story takes place in a world where the major events never occurred, for example, team aqua/magma never awoken kyogre/groudon. The villains were stopped before they could achieve anything major. The main story takes place a couple of years after the main games/anime villains were stopped or never turned into villains. Major things like team rocket making mew two did occur.
3. I'm planning for trainers to be able to understand pokemon they have deep bonds with. If you think this is a bad idea, I'll like to hear the reasoning.
-Ex: Pokemon: Pika > Trainer with deep bond hear/understand: Pike(Hi) >Others hear: Pika
4. I am planning to have an Mc with a type of system, but not anything like game systems. I'm calling it the challenge system,
-Ex: -Branching path found!- >
Right path: Danger lvl 6, Possible Outcomes: A normal slight longer path to destination: 54% ,Finding compatible pokemon: 30%, Death: 16%
Left path: Danger lvl 10: Possible Outcomes: Death: 75%, Finding Highly compatible pokemon: 10%, both 5%
Basically, a system meant that shows where challenges are and their possible outcomes. The system doesn't make the challenges, only points to where they are.

If any of these points seem like a bad idea, I'm happy to hear any advice/tips/criticism. Along with any tips for writing a pokemon fanfic.

Premier

The plot of Pokémon is so paper thin you can do pretty much whatever you want.

Take it seriously and follow the game path.
Have fights turned up to be deadly and make the world a nightmare to survive in.
Have it be a cute slice of life with no fighting at all, just making friends with weird monsters
Turn it into a pure smut series and replace all the Pokémon with futa monster girls (Wait who would even do that?)

Don't worry about it not being canon, only like three people in the world know and care about the canon. Pokémon is more of a skin you can throw on any story you want.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
The plot of Pokémon is so paper thin you can do pretty much whatever you want.

Take it seriously and follow the game path.
Have fights turned up to be deadly and make the world a nightmare to survive in.
Have it be a cute slice of life with no fighting at all, just making friends with weird monsters
Turn it into a pure smut series and replace all the Pokémon with futa monster girls (Wait who would even do that?)

Don't worry about it not being canon, only like three people in the world know and care about the canon. Pokémon is more of a skin you can throw on any story you want.
As someone who studies pokemon lore, I can tell you not even we know what is and isn't canon. Mainly because there's multiverses involved, so technically there could be a universe where the things the dude wants to write about is canon.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
There are no wrong answers with Pokemon fanfic. The games have no quality control, so why worry? There is no bar to get over.

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
Dont be a dimwit and fucking kill the pokemons instead of the 'Fainting'
hmm i think i know of a certain game....

Premier

Honestly, I doubt killing Pokémon would make many people happy unless the series is deliberately a very dark one. They're kinda cute pets after all.

beast_regards

No.
It's not allowed.
You are hereby expected to write only Pokemon smutty fan-fics which turn Pokemon either into all-female anthro or into the monsters girls. Or both.