Arant Chronicles - A collaborative story looking for more authors to join in.

doctorvirus

Over the past few days, @Carpio, @Anon_Y_Mousse, and I have been readying a collaborative project. You may have also seen other posts about it on the forum as we formulated how exactly we could make something so ambitious work smoothly.

Here's the basic idea: there's a fantasy world called Arant where two factions, the Sage Coalition and the Nova Ordo, are fighting a series of proxy battles to decide the fate of an arid but resource-plenty country called Ibinia. They're going about this by hosting a series of one-on-one battles across the country, and the first side to fifteen victories gets their way. There's much more lore and story than that already figured out, but that's the short version.

How the collab will work is like this: all the authors participating will create characters who will fight for either of the two teams. After we've gotten all the characters submitted, they'll be matched up in one-on-one fights. Each author will write their own version of the fight scene, which will be released as a single chapter on the story. The audience will vote on the outcome, choosing which author's take on the events actually canonically went down. After that, the first team to fifteen victories is the winner. Fights don't necessarily end in death, so even if your character loses they could still have multiple fight scenes.

Again, this is all very simplified. For a deeper look at the rules, check out the first chapter of the story, which covers things like deadlines, how many people of each side we need, all of that. It includes a form for you to fill out for your character if you decide to join. Keep in mind it's a bit of a commitment. Not only will you have to write your fight chapters, but we're also requiring you to write a short character chapter going over your character that'll be published as part of the story. Again, read that chapter for more details.

We're looking for 2 more authors to join in on the collaboration. The number we're shooting for is 16. We'll be accepting authors until January 14th (basically two weeks from now), and we already have the following 14 authors signed on:

- Carpio
- Anon_Y_Mousse
- DoctorVirus
- RainingSky
- Maldon
- ASHARA
- Southdog
- Kraken1
- atgongumerki
- Plantorsomething
- gorkus
- _Yuuk1_
- Psycholor
- ArcadiaBlade

Writers of all skill levels are welcome to compete. As long as you can string a sentence together and be creative, we'd be happy for you to join.

If you have any questions, please consult the chapter linked above or ask about it on this thread if you can't find an answer. This thread is also where we'll be accepting character submissions, though feel free to also submit them by PM to the ArantChronicles group account. There's also a very helpful Discord server you can join, though it's still a little bit in-construction at this point - if this link doesn't work, just PM me for another.

Last edited:

SerikoLee

Chaos Realm Creator/ Chaos God
What kind of genre are you making and what are ground rules of the collab?

Plantorsomething

I’m really interested, can I see the discord? I read the rules, I mostly just have questions regarding how this will be molded into a story with decent pacing. Or it can be basically just a tournament collab, I’m totally fine with that too.
Edit; ah, I’ll pm ya

doctorvirus

What kind of genre are you making and what are ground rules of the collab?
We're going with a fantasy genre, played broad so lots of different character types can fit. All the rules are covered here: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/415749-arant-chronicles-fight-for-ibinia-season-/chapter/415753/

It's pretty simple, actually. Basically, all the writers will make characters for the two teams, and then we'll match up the characters in random fights. Both writers will create their own version of a fight scene where their character wins, and the audience will vote on which version they want to be canon. The first team to fifteen victories is the overall winner. It's covered more in-depth in that chapter I linked though.
Count me in. I am interested.
Awesome! I can hook you up with a link to the Discord if you want.

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Tempting. But also a bit anxiety inducing. Mmmmaybe I'll try to write up a character profile on my next off day, and see where that goes if there are still spots by then. I do, kinda already have a character in mind though. Have to give the established characters a lookover to make sure I'm not thinking too close to one of them.

doctorvirus

Hey, a few people in this thread mentioned being interested in participating. We're down to three slots at the moment, two slots for the Sages and one for the Ordo. Just figured I'd put that out there in case there were people who didn't want to miss out if all the slots get filled up so soon.

Things are going a lot faster than we anticipated, to say the least.

Update: Now we're down to just two slots, one for each team.

Last edited:

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Don't know if anyone is still interested... but time to bump this thread.

We're down to one slot! It can either be for the Sages or Nova Ordo since an author has submitted characters for either of the two sides. In other words, we only need one more author and their character to officially start the battles.

Don't worry though, we can keep some submissions in reserve in case anyone pulls out, so feel free to submit even if the slots are already full.

On a slightly unrelated note, we got some pretty cool art of 6 of the contestants by @RainingSky. So if you take up that last slot you may just get some art of your original character.

ArantArt.gif

(there's more on the discord)

nautics

If there's still a spot open, I'm interested. But I'll need some time to polish my character before submitting

doctorvirus

If there's still a spot open, I'm interested. But I'll need some time to polish my character before submitting
There's two spots open still, and you can take all the time you need. If you decide to join, PM us your stuff on the group account or post it in this thread, either is fine.

nautics

There's two spots open still, and you can take all the time you need. If you decide to join, PM us your stuff on the group account or post it in this thread, either is fine.
Cool. Working on a Sage Coalition character. Just need to finish the character overview, should have it done by tomorrow.