Are Readers Followers??

Ethereal

I have 12 readers and I am wondering if that is the scribble hub equivalent of followers or subscribers. In lamens terms what does the statistic mean, what is it measuring?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Nah its something different. I have way less followers but tones of readers. Maybe its more like viewers? Cuz you get notifications for new followers, but not readers

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
wait nah im looking at my series as an example and its definitely seperate from views but its NOT the followers either. I dunno. Could be either bookmarkers or people who's read up to the latest chapter thats its counting as 'readers'

Serzy

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure. Readers are for individual stories, basically how many people have added this story to their reading list. Followers are based on actual profiles/people. Like a follower is for an account itself. Don't know what following does, probably alerts whenever the followed person posts something, both story-wise and forum-wise. Not too sure on that last part though.

sage61

Agree with @Farmer_Tiller. Readers aren't the statistics for total views, just they are the number of people who have put the story in their reading list. In other words, these people (readers) have read, like it and are into reading more of the story, so they 'watch' your story for updates. If your reader count is high, it means your story is very likeable, whereas followers are just for profile post of the user account, not much use usually unless the followed user is active in posting stuff in profile.