• Yes

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • I didn't know these existed

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters

Sylver

So, reviews are one of the best ways for people to consider reading your book after the cover and synopsis. However, these reviews are often difficult to get without an established massive readerbase.
Oh geez, tell me about it 🙄 over 90 chapters and still no written reviews. At least the anonymous reviews are high.
Review swaps are a dime a dozen but often the reviews can be poor or, on occasion, never given at all.
I only have 1 one star review with no explanation, so not a big problem since it isn't uncommon from other stories. But I've heard and interacted with writers who do get plenty of 1 star reviews without any explanation and the stress that brings to them because of it. It's rough and very unfair but I feel like that may be more of an issue with how easy it is to leave a rating without adding any explanation behind it.
If anyone has used these sites to promote their stories with reviews, let me know what your experience was like.
So not going to lie, this is the first time I've heard of paid review sites, though the concept makes sense especially for new authors trying to self-publish their work. If you want to get your book out there and seen positively in the public eye, a handful of good reviews would help.

I like that you're looking for information from other sources but Scribblehub may not be the best location for this. An alternative reading website like RoyalRoad would be a good place to ask about this, since they take their stories more seriously. They're more critical about story feedback and some of the writers there really focus on their work to make a profession out of it.

melchi

What is a custom title?
buy a bunch of amazon reviews. no shame in that. thats how it works nowadays unforutnately. nobody is going to try out a book with 5 reviews
Yeah, Amazon is turning really nasty to sellers. Like if you search time traveler book how many of the results are sponsored results?

Though a lot of the reviews that are boosting stubbed works on royal road are fans from royal road. I believe that helps quite a bit.

greyliliy

buy a bunch of amazon reviews. no shame in that. thats how it works nowadays unforutnately. nobody is going to try out a book with 5 reviews
Paid reviews violate Amazon's Guidelines:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cust...44C__SECTION_CFFC92ACA21E4172B8F82555D893489B

You are better off encouraging verified readers to rate your book than risk getting caught and losing your account.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author