Are tentacle monster considered lovecraftian eldritch monster ?

Flash_Nuke

Yeah, I had this silly question in my head for a while, do every tentacled monster are Lovecraftian? Because then every tentacle smut are just horror story for a boner

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
If people don't go insane just by trying to comprehend said tentacle monster, then it is not a Lovecraftian horror. They are way more than just tentacles lol. Iirc some depictions are masses of flesh or more humanoid and non-fleshly forms.(Elder gods)

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Yeah, I had this silly question in my head for a while, do every tentacled monster are Lovecraftian? Because then every tentacle smut are just horror story for a boner
No, the japanese are pioneers.

Aoi_Sora

If people can understand what monster it is, it is not a lovecraftian monster

Jemini

Is an Octopus a Lovecraftian horror? There's your answer.

Anyway, to more properly answer the question, just look at the end of Overlord season 3, where Ainz summons the young of the black goat.

Shub-Niggurath, also known as the black goat, is one of the major figures of the Cuthulu Mythos, as are her young. Simply look at those creatures and try to describe them.

Large black goats the size of an entire town, walking on five hoved feet. They have nearly a dozen mouths and many heads, and from their backs sprout a multitude of great black tentacles. As they run along through the land, they let out a horrifying bleating sound that seems to shake the very air.

If you can describe it in words, and the listener can get a perfect picture in their head of exactly what you're talking about, then it's not a Lovecraftian horror. I am sure that, unless you have actually watched Overlord, even after reading my entirely accurate description you probably have a completely different picture in your head from what they really look like.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
It is not Eldritch/ Lovecraftian as it is describable, doesnt make you go insane by looking at it and is mostly associated with jp doujins.
It might not be a monster as some of them can be wholesome

Last edited:

Flash_Nuke

Is an Octopus a Lovecraftian horror? There's your answer.

Anyway, to more properly answer the question, just look at the end of Overlord season 3, where Ainz summons the young of the black goat.

Shub-Niggurath, also known as the black goat, is one of the major figures of the Cuthulu Mythos, as are her young. Simply look at those creatures and try to describe them.

Large black goats the size of an entire town, walking on five hoved feet. They have nearly a dozen mouths and many heads, and from their backs sprout a multitude of great black tentacles. As they run along through the land, they let out a horrifying bleating sound that seems to shake the very air.

If you can describe it in words, and the listener can get a perfect picture in their head of exactly what you're talking about, then it's not a Lovecraftian horror. I am sure that, unless you have actually watched Overlord, even after reading my entirely accurate description you probably have a completely different picture in your head from what they really look like.
...well...I didn't expect to have a reasonable answer...I asked it as a part of a joke but it's true that most of Lovecraft stuff is just madness given body. But I like his eldrich monster and elder God.
Alright to be fair, there was that one bard that fucked Cthulhu good. I'll give you that
Yeah I expected that kind of answers. To make a good day(night) for everyone