Are there any herbs that don't lower the blood pressure?

doravg

109/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
Mostly, which can be brewed into tea. I adore tea. A nice steaming mug as I write gives me a homey feeling. My herb of choice was mint, but it lowers blood pressure. Which is ok if you eat sweets at every opportunity. Can save your life, even. But now that I don't and eat fruit only as a dessert after meals, mint tea is no longer something I can drink.

Today, I woke up with low blood pressure for the first time in my life. It took me three mugs of coffee to get it back up. There is so much literature about high blood pressure, but I can't seem to find a herb that can improve low blood pressure. Nothing in our cabinet fits the bill. Everything we have will lower the blood pressure. So, any tips on what I can drink, apart from water, that won't end up with me feeling like I want to sleep and eat chocolate?

No, eating chocolate is no longer an option. It took a lot out of me to quit it.

I hope you are having a better day than me.

FluffyGamma

Dirty bean water is the only thing I drink. I just wanna lurk and see what people say. Tea always interests me even if I am American as hell and can only drink sweet stuff. Lol

ACFoster99

Kinda odd suggestion but, what about the fruit teabags you can buy? It takes a little getting used to at first and doesn't really answer your question, but do find it can scratch that tea itch if you can't drink the normal stuff. :blob_hmm_two:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Licorice roots. It's in many blends. Google also says to eat salty. Maybe salted crackers? (the kind that was made in an airfryer)

doravg

Kinda odd suggestion but, what about the fruit teabags you can buy? It takes a little getting used to at first and doesn't really answer your question, but do find it can scratch that tea itch if you can't drink the normal stuff. :blob_hmm_two:
That is a good idea. I found an online coffee/tea shop and bought myself a bag of orange tea.
Licorice roots. It's in many blends. Google also says to eat salty. Maybe salted crackers? (the kind that was made in an airfryer)
It is sweet, won't it rise my blood sugar?

doravg

It seems, it does ._.

back to fruit tea?
Should work. I need like 3 grande mugs per day (Starbucks style) for my writing time. If I like the fruit tea from the shop, I might make myself some at home. We have a fruit dryer.

ACFoster99

That is a good idea. I found an online coffee/tea shop and bought myself a bag of orange tea.
I'd also suggest using honey instead of sugar if you also can't help but have a sweet tooth with tea, not sure how much it effects blood sugar/pressure but it's got to be better than the alternative. Disregard everything if you drink the stuff straight though lol.

doravg

I'd also suggest using honey instead of sugar if you also can't help but have a sweet tooth with tea, not sure how much it effects blood sugar/pressure but it's got to be better than the alternative. Disregard everything if you drink the stuff straight though lol.
I gave up sugar about a month ago. It was an addiction which was making me fatter. But thank you for the advice!

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
You're low on blood pressure??? Just eat potato chips lol

Ps: if you drink fluids without adjusting electrolyte like salt and potassium, you'll prolly end up low in blood pressure no matter what. If you dont like potato chips, there's also salt meal and banana

Ps: coffee constricts blood vessels but it's a bit unhinged to use it as a solution lol

Last edited:
roselle tea (might lower it but not 100% sure. very nice tea though. also great cold)

black tea + mint/cloves (black tea has caffeine but not alot. little bit of mint or cloves(usually not both used together) just give it a nice aroma)

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
Mostly, which can be brewed into tea. I adore tea. A nice steaming mug as I write gives me a homey feeling. My herb of choice was mint, but it lowers blood pressure. Which is ok if you eat sweets at every opportunity. Can save your life, even. But now that I don't and eat fruit only as a dessert after meals, mint tea is no longer something I can drink.

Today, I woke up with low blood pressure for the first time in my life. It took me three mugs of coffee to get it back up. There is so much literature about high blood pressure, but I can't seem to find a herb that can improve low blood pressure. Nothing in our cabinet fits the bill. Everything we have will lower the blood pressure. So, any tips on what I can drink, apart from water, that won't end up with me feeling like I want to sleep and eat chocolate?

No, eating chocolate is no longer an option. It took a lot out of me to quit it.

I hope you are having a better day than me.

Ginseng does not have an effect in blood pressure it seems:

You can make tea out of its roots.

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
Do not use the Korean Ginseng, however. That thing WILL reduce your BP.

doravg

So, the fruit tea came. I asked the person who took my order if it will lower my blood pressure. Told him that it is a problem for me. And...
It did lower my blood pressure. From 121 upper value (I don't know how it is called in English) to 105.

This simply sucks because the tea is aromatic, has a nice fresh taste, and is of great quality.

Now that I have made peace with the fact that I can't drink tea anymore, I will just have to make do with water. Now excuse me as I hop on my fitness bike again to burn off the chocolate I had to eat.

Addys

ginger, licorice, and ginseng might have a stimulating effect that could potentially raise blood pressure