asking for free stuff

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
The damage has been done. :blob_hmph: The next time my skin itches from an allergy, I will remember your nickname when I scratch it in a fury!!! :mad_s:
Oh! Yes! This is all I ever wanted! To be ingrained in your brain in such a way! c: Total win! I shall be immortal now. Muahahah!:blob_hide: I shall be in the shadows of your brain now and for eternity!

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Oh! Yes! This is all I ever wanted! To be ingrained in your brain in such a way! c: Total win! I shall be immortal now. Muahahah!:blob_hide: I shall be in the shadows of your brain now and for eternity!
If you don't manage that 90 degree backward bend any time soon, that memory will be the only thing left of you.

Also the whole senpai thing and now this is giving me yandere vibes

SailusGebel

If you don't manage that 90 degree backward bend any time soon, that memory will be the only thing left of you.

Nah, fish senpai(:blob_okay:) already got through the plans of this, old lady. She wants to feel young again, but we all know the truth now. :blob_evil: The truth is that she is a 28-year-old granny!

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
i'll respond to this one even though you don't agree with me because you seem less hostile and generally nicer (lmao).

first let me just start off by saying i'm not asking anyone to do anything for me. in fact, i came to this site with the intent of picking something out to read as i'd already found a bunch of other good stuff to read on royal road. with no intent of my own, i stumbled across these forums (which i didn't know they had (didn't even know about scribble hub for that matter)), and wanted to check if they were active. the first thing i see is some poor bastard asking for a free cover to his novel and people giving him sht for it. do you see what the problem with that is?

he, or she, was not demanding anything. just asking. there's no reason for anyone to give them flack for that. if you wanna do it (help them for free), then do it. if not, then keep it pushing. simple as that. no need for all that extra sht.
thing like giving backlash and talkshit to someone asking for free stuff is happening everywhere, not just SH, but deviantart forum and reddit as well.

i'm not saying it's justified or only one side is correct, especially for those who blatantly tries to bully someone who ask for help, that just nasty.

but the thing is, i have a friend which is an artist. and he told me : ignoring them never works, they always keep coming back and make other people think that asking for free art is fine, which is actually the worst possible outcome.
which is why someone just had to reprimand them and telling the guy that they can't do this.

and yes, they could just telling them nicely, I greatly agree for that part.
but as you know, communication is hard, you can only say something and expect other people to catch your meaning. not everyone had talent of being a silvertongue.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty

Ek! For the average gal that is impossible! D; I guess I better write my will.

I can evolve in different ways! Though, I never thought I would hit yandere over sweets. :blob_happy:

Nah, fish senpai(:blob_okay:) already got through the plans of this, old lady. She wants to feel young again, but we all know the truth now. :blob_evil: The truth is that she is a 28-year-old granny!
OMG! You... I... I AM NOT OLD! Gasp! The gall of these younglings! I... I... You... I... I WILL OUTLIVE YOU! FEAR ME! :blob_no: I can name many more craving sweets for you Sunbae... Yes, I used it!:blob_blank:

SailusGebel

Ek! For the average gal that is impossible! D; I guess I better write my will.

I can evolve in different ways! Though, I never thought I would hit yandere over sweets. :blob_happy:

OMG! You... I... I AM NOT OLD! Gasp! The gall of these younglings! I... I... You... I... I WILL OUTLIVE YOU! FEAR ME! :blob_no:I can name many more craving sweets for you Sunbae... Yes, I used it!:blob_blank:

SailusGebel

Daring me to name sweets to you? How courageous, Sunbae... I have one drink for you...

Piña colada!

Oh god, no!!!! I win a fight I lose another! What to do!!!!! Too many strikes coming my way! This is an unfair gank! :blob_no:
I don't drink. :blob_blank:

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
I don't drink. :blob_blank:
WAIT, I remember you said you live somewhere hot! And you haven't had this amazing drink!?

I don't either drink alcohol either. So, when I speak, all of it is alcohol-free. :3 If you haven't tried it. I tell you are missing the tropical love that drink is! Though it was wrong of me to assume you live somewhere tropical... It is a coconut/pineapple delight! With whip cream on top!

Another thing... Macaroons, Crème brûlée, lemon tarts. Cookie and creme milkshakes. Strawberry/banana smoothies<3.

grandiddykane

thing like giving backlash and talkshit to someone asking for free stuff is happening everywhere, not just SH, but deviantart forum and reddit as well.

i'm not saying it's justified or only one side is correct, especially for those who blatantly tries to bully someone who ask for help, that just nasty.

but the thing is, i have a friend which is an artist. and he told me : ignoring them never works, they always keep coming back and make other people think that asking for free art is fine, which is actually the worst possible outcome.
which is why someone just had to reprimand them and telling the guy that they can't do this.

and yes, they could just telling them nicely, I greatly agree for that part.
but as you know, communication is hard, you can only say something and expect other people to catch your meaning. not everyone had talent of being a silvertongue.
why do giveaways exist? those people, the ones who entered the giveaway did nothing to deserve what's being given away, yet they still are allowed to reap the benefits of possibly walking away with something they never once thought they could afford themselves. how is that possible?

and tell me, why do people volunteer at soup kitchens or churches or old folks home? for money, or out of the goodness of their heart (or community service hours, lol).

not everything in life has to have a price tag on it. you can do something nice for someone just cause. remember, in that thread, op was not asking for long term commitment. they were asking for a single cover to their novel that didn't even need to be fancy at that. are you really going to make them go through google images for hours on hours searching for that perfect stock image that may not even exist?

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
asking for free art is completely fine. asking for free anything is completely fine. this is just an elitist mindset. their ego is unfathomable.
let me tell you a story from one of the novel i read.

there's this one suburban village that almost got hit by a plague. people who got affected got rash on their bodies and getting weaker overtime. the infected goes to the only doctor in the village then the doctor giving them a minimum fee and the raw cost of medicine. but some people still couldn't afford it. so the doctor had to politely decline since he need to makes a living as well.

and then there's this local priest suddenly granted miracle by the god, he could heal any disease and ailments with just simple touch, and asking no payments for it. the doctor didn't have any qualm with it since the priest doing it without any effort and resource. the villager rejoice and they saved from the plague.

but 3 years later afterwards, the same plague strike. but this time : the priest already passed away, the doctor is the only choice the villager had. so all of them coming to the doctor and asking to be cured for free. because to their understanding : to be cured from this disease is something that you shouldn't pay. the mindset already ingrained in them. since the doctor refuse to do treatment for free, he got banished from the village and they ask for the priest adopted daughter to cure them instead.

of course the daughter couldn't do anything since she couldn't perform any miracle. then the village turns to ruin because of the plague with no one to cure it.

-------------------------------

The point of the story is : if someone do something for free, especially doing so in public. people would taking it as granted. and it would grew a mindset among populace that art is something that could be asked for free. so if you could got it for free, why bother paying? this whole stuff is actually more about ethic.

i also asked for free art to my friend once, but i didn't doing it in public. and he readily agree to do it. because that's how the manners to do it.
why do giveaways exist? those people, the ones who entered the giveaway did nothing to deserve what's being given away, yet they still are allowed to reap the benefits of possibly walking away with something they never once thought they could afford themselves. how is that possible?

and tell me, why do people volunteer at soup kitchens or churches or old folks home? for money, or out of the goodness of their heart (or community service hours, lol).

not everything in life has to have a price tag on it. you can do something nice for someone just cause. remember, in that thread, op was not asking for long term commitment. they were asking for a single cover to their novel that didn't even need to be fancy at that. are you really going to make them go through google images for hours on hours searching for that perfect stock image that may not even exist?
for giveaways, if you didn't pay for a thing you got, that means you're not a customer. you're the product. this thing is a very basic economy.

and did you know those volunteer actually got a proper reimbursement for their time and hardwork, not in form of wage but something else.

and your last point is just a splitting straw, you're basically saying something for sale for really cheap should just might as well free. that's not how it works

Last edited:

SailusGebel

WAIT, I remember you said you live somewhere hot! And you haven't had this amazing drink!?

I don't either drink alcohol either. So, when I speak, all of it is alcohol-free. :3 If you haven't tried it. I tell you are missing the tropical love that drink is! Though it was wrong of me to assume you live somewhere tropical... It is a coconut/pineapple delight! With whip cream on top!

Another thing... Macaroons, Crème brûlée, lemon tarts. Cookie and creme milkshakes. Strawberry/banana smoothies<3.
There was an abnormal heatwave. It's probably confused you. It's usually a mild climate where I live; at least, I consider it mild cause winters around here are not the same anymore.

If it's alcohol-free, I think I had some, not a fan. Didn't have a taste of macaroons and creme brulee even once. Not a fan of lemon tarts and smoothies either.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
There was an abnormal heatwave. It's probably confused you. It's usually a mild climate where I live; at least, I consider it mild cause winters around here are not the same anymore.

If it's alcohol-free, I think I had some, not a fan. Didn't have a taste of macaroons and creme brulee even once. Not a fan of lemon tarts and smoothies either.
Blasphemy! You don't like piña colada! :blob_no: Then again, you said you don't like smoothies, so maybe that is why. :< Weird taste buds this one has!

Well, it seems your weakness is cookies. This leads me to believe you might like macaroons! They are a cookie! So if you ever get a try for them, you should! And polvorón. Unless you are like my hubs that only likes chocolate-chip cookies. :blob_happy:

SailusGebel

Blasphemy! You don't like piña colada! :blob_no: Then again, you said you don't like smoothies, so maybe that is why. :< Weird taste buds this one has!

Well, it seems your weakness is cookies. This leads me to believe you might like macaroons! They are a cookie! So if you ever get a try for them, you should! And polvorón. Unless you are like my hubs that only likes chocolate-chip cookies. :blob_happy:
My taste buds aren't weird. I prefer sweets and drinks that are common in my country, those that are easy to get. An example, I really liked Tarhun. I don't know if this translation is correct. Wiki says it's either Tarhun or Tarkhuna. Tarragon flavored carbonated drink, though I haven't drunk it in years. People say that lately, it's more sugar and less tarragon drink nowadays.

let me tell you a story from one of the novel i read.

there's this one suburban village that almost got hit by a plague. people who got affected got rash on their bodies and getting weaker overtime. the infected goes to the only doctor in the village then the doctor giving them a minimum fee and the raw cost of medicine. but some people still couldn't afford it. so the doctor had to politely decline since he need to makes a living as well.

and then there's this local priest suddenly granted miracle by the god, he could heal any disease and ailments with just simple touch, and asking no payments for it. the doctor didn't have any qualm with it since the priest doing it without any effort and resource. the villager rejoice and they saved from the plague.

but 3 years later afterwards, the same plague strike. but this time : the priest already passed away, the doctor is the only choice the villager had. so all of them coming to the doctor and asking to be cured for free. because to their understanding : to be cured from this disease is something that you shouldn't pay. the mindset already ingrained in them. since the doctor refuse to do treatment for free, he got banished from the village and they ask for the priest adopted daughter to cure them instead.

of course the daughter couldn't do anything since she couldn't perform any miracle. then the village turns to ruin because of the plague with no one to cure it.
this has nothing to do with the situation though. the dude posted a thread asking for free art. he didn't go harassing artists in their inboxes. he didn't go try befriending an artist to get free art. he literally posted one thread.

I'm sure someone could draw a sketch of exactly what he wanted in like 10 minutes. it wouldn't be very good, but it would be something. instead, everyone came to virtue signal about how hard drawing is, and how ashamed he should be for asking. if someone can spare a few minutes to help a stranger, I don't see what's wrong with that.

it's pathetic honestly. you wrote two sentences about your friend, and I can't think of him as anything other than a dickhead. I'd like too see him couple of days after being lost in a desert, and having no more piss to drink. He better draw the two best goddamned anime tits of his life, otherwise he's not getting a 'free' cup of water from me.

Just remember: What goes around comes around.

grandiddykane

for giveaways, if you didn't pay for a thing you got, that means you're not a customer. you're the product. this thing is a very basic economy.

and did you know those volunteer actually got a proper reimbursement for their time and hardwork, not in form of wage but something else.

and your last point is just a splitting straw, you're basically saying something for sale for really cheap should just might as well free. that's not how it works
last response.

i don't understand the point you're trying to illustrate with that first sentence of yours, but no need to clarify on it as this will be my last response.

hopefully you could answer this in a way that doesn't require me to come back to your post, but exactly what reimbursement are we talking about here? anyway, that is beside the point. you're missing the point i'm trying to make. just the other day, i saw a man tend some strangers lawn for free for hours and do a spectacular job and not ask for a single thing in return, on youtube. this is the kind of goodwill i'm talking about. not everything needs to be about money. people do kind things just to do them, but in no way does this mean they are obligated to these things.

anyway, that was funish. cya never :)

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
My taste buds aren't weird. I prefer sweets and drinks that are common in my country, those that are easy to get. An example, I really liked Tarhun. I don't know if this translation is correct. Wiki says it's either Tarhun or Tarkhuna. Tarragon flavored carbonated drink, though I haven't drunk it in years. People say that lately, it's more sugar and less tarragon drink nowadays.
Heheh... I was quoting my husband. He calls my taste buds weird, too. Because I like things like Malta. :blob_happy: We both grew up in different parts of our lovely world. That drink sounds interesting. Though it seems to face the same extinction, every carbonated drink is getting. Sugar influx of doom. #1 addiction in the world, next to alcohol!

I want to travel the world just to try original foods. I think I would find so many of them delicious! And some horrifying. Cookies are universal though. :3