Banned from leaving a review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Okay. You are making assumptions on Slavin's part. There was nothing like that at all from the post and the comment is now not available.
and i acknowledged that right at the end.
Of course, that's going by the limited info in OP's OP so *shrugs*
as well as using speculative qualifiers like 'sounds like' and 'i presume' and 'it seems' to denote that it's all assumptions.

Ral

and i acknowledged that right at the end.

as well as using speculative qualifiers like 'sounds like' and 'i presume' and 'it seems' to denote that it's all assumptions.
That is the point, you are saying hash stuff from nothing.

And let me bring in the rest of what you wrote instead of just the last part:
A review is one thing, where criticism can be expected, but it sounds like OP was trying to preach about what they wanted from the story and how the story didnt meet their demands and expectations all while regurgitating all of this into (i presume) chapter comments which is a wholly inappropriate place for stuff like that.
except the issue is not that the story broke any rules or guidelines but that, it seems from OP's post, that they didnt seem to like that the story wasnt going the way they would have liked it thus tried to preach to the author in comments and thus got banned for it and ONLY then did they go try to do a review but were blocked.
The qualifiers actually doesn't help because they are speculating that what you are stating are the truth or the most likely truth, especially presume.

"It seems" is used for saying that something appears to be true (It seems that the victim is hit on the head by a blunt object.) and 'presume' means take for granted as being true (I presume that what you said is true.). "Sounds like" also takes the "appears to be true" connotation in this context.

Cauldrons

I feel like you're picking and choosing what you want to hear. I've gone through hundreds of thousands of reviews on NU at least and you can see when there's hatred towards someone (translators in NU's case), they will generally leave a bad review based on the hate alone. That's what I was trying to prevent over at SH. When an author bans someone, all communications are cut off between the two users. That's better for both sides.

...anyways, that's why I decided to implement it this way. It was from experience from NU I guess. Is this the best way? I dunno but I guess we'll see.

Writers can choose their feedback? Are you referring to reviews? You're making it sound like writers can only allow 5 star ratings which isn't true at all. Yes, authors can delete any comment they want on their stories but not reviews. Reviews cannot be deleted by authors.

Even if I got more mods, no one is able to moderate thousands of comments every day so that's why I left it to the authors.

Yeah, who knows? but when there's hate towards two sides, it's best to avoid each other.

I guess it's easier to judge from the outside.
I feel like my initial message got muddled up. My whole point is this, I still feel like banned users not being able to review isn't the best option but I'll go into more details. I don't have a lot of animosity towards the person who banned me even if I think the ban was stupid in fact the review I left would have been either a 3 1/2 or 4-star rating. I can understand where you come from with banned users having animosity but I still think leaving reviews should be viable in some capacity.

Perhaps when a blocked user attempts to review a book a "flag" gets sent making it easy for admins to review it and stop it from being posted if it breaks tos, or maybe just plain being able to report them and having it hidden until an admin determines if it's a viable review or not.

Tony

Staff member
I feel like my initial message got muddled up. My whole point is this, I still feel like banned users not being able to review isn't the best option but I'll go into more details. I don't have a lot of animosity towards the person who banned me even if I think the ban was stupid in fact the review I left would have been either a 3 1/2 or 4-star rating. I can understand where you come from with banned users having animosity but I still think leaving reviews should be viable in some capacity.

Perhaps when a blocked user attempts to review a book a "flag" gets sent making it easy for admins to review it and stop it from being posted if it breaks tos, or maybe just plain being able to report them and having it hidden until an admin determines if it's a viable review or not.

That's very understandable. Maybe it isn't the best option and maybe the block feature does too much. It's something to think about when I sit down and edit that feature.

Since it's been resolved and there are few heated arguments going on here, I'll just lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.