Best Speeches

Glitched

Moth Mommy
As some of you know, I write a recounting of my saga to entertain mortals on the hub of scribbles. I recently finished a recounting of a short speech in my story, and was curious as to what speech or long monologue you feel you have written the best.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
So many to choose from...

That last one is a real gut punch, but out of context, it'll be difficult to have the same impact.
First one is the most positive.
I'd say Chapter 20 and 121 are the top two.

Ehh... this one is up there too.

Althought, for sheer, FUCK YOU, I love this one the best.

He jumped up on a chair, "So! To recap! To look at anyone who was there that night, or is a supporter of the first, second, or third prince, twists my stomach into knots and makes me want to vomit every time I hear your name or see your face." He held a single finger and panned the room with it, "But I don't take it personal. I've been chosen by the gods to save your sorry asses and I will do just that. Yes, you all collectively stabbed me in the back and broke it off, but hey, details!" He hooked a thumb at himself and spoke in an oddly happy tone, "I'm a hero. I fight for truth, justice, and the Lyonesse Way! Saving lives, even if they have been shitting on me for years, is just part of the job. I knew this when I signed up."

Everyone started looking at each other and then at Ryan who cheerfully continued, "So don't worry about it. You all can go right on hating me and making fun of me behind my back, I won't let it affect my job performance one iota." He let his smile disappear, "And I will go right on seeing all of you as egotistical, monomaniacal, self-centered brats who all enjoy feasting on the suffering of others because you lack even a single honorable bone in your soulless bodies."

At that, the room went completely silent.

Finally, The first student he had singled out shouted at him, "And what makes you so righteous that you can judge us?"

Ryan started counting off on his fingers, "I create items to improve the lives of the staff here at the college. I have created a program that will improve the food production capacity of the entire country to help alleviate hunger among the poor and improve the standard of living for everyone. I have created a series of advanced weapon systems to outfit our national defense force. I have created groundbreaking research into mana and freely given away said knowledge to anyone who wants to study it. I saved the king and most of your lives."

He continued on his other hand, "I volunteer down at the orphanage where I teach children how to read. I donate my money to said orphanage as well as multiple churches. I wander the streets of the capital looking for people in need of help and volunteer my assistance without thought of compensation. I donate excess healing potions that I have created to the local herbalists on the condition they give them to those who would die without immediate medical attention, free of charge. I created a medication that can be created WITHOUT using mana which can cure most bacterial diseases and prevent infection in wounds so we can make sure our soldiers survive wounds on the battlefield that would normal claim their lives."

He looked at his two hands with all ten fingers held out, then held them up to the guy who confronted him, "Shall I go on?"

The student sputtered a bit and looked away to avoid Ryan's gaze, "Well, i-if I was blessed by a god, I could do all that as well!"

Ryan nodded slowly, "That’s true... but even without a god's blessing I'd still could do several of those things without his help. Hell, I can do quite a number of things without even using my mana." Ryan jumped off his chair and started walking closer to the student, "Tell me, you with the power of magic at your fingertips, born into privilege with pure noble blood, possessing the very best education the kingdom has to offer..."

Ryan came to a stop, folded his arms, then looked up at the student. However, when he spoke, it was clear he was addressing the entire room, "What have YOU done to make the world a better place than you found it?"

The student froze, staring down at Ryan. He looked away and scratched the back of his head, "I... how can... you expect me to do anything when I haven't even graduated yet?" He sounded like he didn't even believe his own excuse. Not a sound came from anyone. You could have heard a pin drop. Ryan glanced around and not a single person met his gaze.

Ryan unfolded his arms and spoke in a soft, almost kind voice, "Well then, noble sir... I expect great things from you in the future." He looked over at his table, "You know what guys, I lost my appetite." Then turned and walked out of the dinning hall.

Eventually everyone went back to eating, but it was a long time before anyone said anything.

Last edited:

TotallyHuman

My writing is always at the top of human ability. Alas, I cannot just dump 200k+ words here.

Pixytokisaki14

Half Kitsune Half Succubus
Ngl, Optimus Prime came up inside me head when it comes to heroic speeches and legendary quotes. :blob_joy:

fluffypie374

My best speech is... no speech.

After all... the best speech only resides in my mind. Once it comes out in words, it becomes... well... err... :blob_teary:

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
This was written in March of 2021. Best one I've ever written yet... But I don't think no one could ever read this, even a native Vietnamese lol

Minh tỏ vẻ ngẫm nghĩ một hồi, tôi ngồi xuống ghế không muốn làm phiền cậu, vì tôi biết dù là một bộ não siêu việt cũng không đủ sức nạp tất cả dữ liệu và cho ra kết quả, huống hồ chi là một tên mọt sách.

[Nội tâm của Minh (10), Dân Làng]

Xem nào, trò chơi vốn có năm {Ma Sói} trong đó có một {Sói Nguyền}, tức tối đa sẽ có sáu con.

Năm Sói gốc đã được xác nhận là Châu, Dương, Hương, Ren, Yển, số thứ tự lần lượt là 3, 4, 5, 15, 20.

Nếu còn một Sói sống thì chắc chắn là người bị nguyền rủa, nếu là bị nguyền thì tên Dương đã không yêu cầu Ren là {Sói Nguyền} nguyền rủa Trúc là {Phù Thuỷ}, hay là hắn đã biết Trúc và Đào đổi bài cho nhau từ trước? Không thể nào, nếu Đào là {Phù Thuỷ} thật thì với tính cách này sẽ không khai báo cho hắn về việc cô ấy và Trúc đã tráo đổi thân phận với nhau. Hay là Trúc vô thức kể? Cũng hơi bất khả thi, và nhìn sơ qua bộ luật ta có thể thấy việc nguyền rủa một chức năng mạnh như {Phù Thuỷ} có lợi ích thế nào, nhưng nếu Trúc đúng là người bị nguyền, thì đáng lẽ trò chơi đã kết thúc khi Dương là {Sói Trùm} chết rồi chứ? Vậy chỉ có khả năng là.. Hắn ta biết chắc {Già Làng} là Ngọc số 11 chết! Nhưng bằng cách nào? Chính mình là người đã lên tiếng bỏ phiếu bạn trai cô ấy là Om số 12 cơ mà, chết tiệt, có sai sót ở đâu nhỉ? À, ngay ngày hôm đấy Trúc giả danh {Phù Thuỷ} nói rằng cô ấy đã tự cứu bản thân, tức là hôm ấy {Ma Sói} đã nguyền cô ấy thật chăng? Nhưng nếu thế thì không lẽ hắn cắn {Phù Thuỷ} cho vui rồi nguyền ngày khác? À không, hôm trước số 3 là Châu mang chức năng {Sói Con} chết, tức {Ma Sói} cắn hai nạn nhân, nhưng đêm đó {Cặp Đôi} là Bảo (2) và Hương (7) chết cơ mà? Không thể nào lại nguyền họ được! Cũng không thể là do {Nguyệt Nữ} vô hiệu hoá {Sói Nguyền} được.

Chờ đã

Trúc bị {Ma Sói} cắn, nhưng cô ấy không bị nguyền rủa?

Trúc không phải {Phù Thuỷ} thật…

Thế thì Đào đã báo thông tin cho Trúc để cô ấy giả làm {Phù Thuỷ} thuyết phục hơn.

Những thông tin này... Đều liên quan!

Mọi thứ không hề ngẫu nhiên, mà là sự sắp xếp tỉ mỉ hoàn hảo. Như con dao nhọn trên tay một bác sĩ phẫu thuật.

Vậy, người bị nguyền rủa thật sự là...

“Là cô..?”

Tôi mở to mắt và chậm rãi nhìn lên bên bàn, Đào, số thứ tự 5.

Trên tay Đào.. đang là một lá bài, và trên mặt cô, là một nụ cười mãn nguyện.

"Tôi số thứ tự 5. Đào, mang chức năng {Phù Thuỷ} và bị nguyền rủa trở thành {Ma Sói}, đêm nay xin sử dụng chức năng mình để tiêu diệt số thứ tự 10, biệt danh Minh"

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
One of the better writing I did. It showed my character's soft and emotional side which she rarely did.

Yun An recalled her past life. After those she knew passed away, she stayed secluded in her estate. Too many people had gone. Her withering self at that time did not want to experience another farewell, so she hid away. Her clan consisted of only her by that time, the last member, the last master. She had no children, and she didn’t need new servants. Thus, the faces she met in those days faded away as time marched on. Her world was a shrinking one. It was a stagnant puddle, rotting and evaporating.

The two walked past an inn.

The scent of steamed buns, of wonton noodles, and of chicken soup assaulted their stomach. The lunch they took earlier did little to hold back her saliva.

As her hunger growled, her feet quickened.

His intelligent eyes caught on her circumstances.

She laughed as they ran away from the sour and sweet pork.

The main street was full of people. There were sounds of haggling, of talking, of angry shouting, of children giggling. Washed over by the heat of sunlight, the brilliance of life shone over her once more.

This was not the first time she was on the street of this world. She spent days in Xincheng observing life anyway. However, she walked alone in those days. Her head was filled with objectives, plans, and what to do next.

When she became a disciple, she had to act with manners. She knew Tian Zhong did that too. They rarely had chances to go together like this.

Him treating her like a kid allowed her to shed the old skin of her soul. Without someone by her side, her world would have stayed dull grey, and life would be oblivious to her.

<To be in companionship with someone equal, this reminds me of him.

Where is he now? Has he been allowed a second chance like me or does he still remain one with dust? Is he strolling down the walking way in a different world like me too?

Had any of us stepped closer, our lives would have intertwined. Had he not left the realm of the livings so soon, perhaps we would have realised what we were missing… regardless how late it would be. I have no regret for my last life, but… maybe not entirely.

Ah. My rival.

My comrade.

My companion.

My soulmate.

I will never forget the feeling of our weapons clashing.

How I miss the sound of your breathing, the safety having you watching my back.

Wherever you are.

Whoever you has become.

I wish you have someone to rekindle your heart as I do.

My too-late love to you, my most cherished friend.>