Blunt Feedback

I have nothing to do so I made this thread to give feedback on stories.

When reading I usually keep in mind plot holes, the way the story flows, character interactions, world-building, MC's personality, and whether or not if something feels to adrupt such as characters change of actions that rapidly lead to friendship, love interests, and etc.

When writing a book you create the foundation of the story in the beginning of the first couple of chapters that not only have to draw in the reader to make them want more but also the logic within the story that you set.

The logic of majority of stories should still follow the flow in the real world such as relationships, personalities, and actions that coalign with a characters personality.

For example:
Imagine a character named Jordan, who is initially shown as a quiet, logical person who likes being alone and avoids parties. Despite this, Jordan starts participating in debates, joining group projects, and making spur-of-the-moment choices. This change surprises the readers, as it doesn't match the earlier description of Jordan as introverted and logical. This difference between Jordan's actions and how they're described in the story makes us think about how characters are presented in books.

Sang-jin

Hello,

I will leave my story here then.
I know that there are still mistakes and it can be a bit uneven. I am slowly fixing those parts.

But please give me your feedback, I really want to know if, as you describe, there are any plot holes, if you were drawn and want to stay to read it!
This will help me improve the story and fix it.

Here is the link !

Thank you !

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 156229

My story is hard sci-fi, and the first chapter is an action scene with a lot of technical details. The characters relationship is not clearly stated besides their navy rank. My goal was that the reader could read in between the lines how they felt about each other, mainly through the MC POV. You can skip the technicalities if this bores you. In the second chapter, however, I dedicate a lot more time to developing the relationship between the crew.

My goal was to create a character-driven narrative, so I believe your kind of feed would be amazing! You can find the link in my signature, or you can take a look at my trailer to help set the mood.

AdOtherwise

Owl Who Reads · Hoot Hoot

When reading I usually keep in mind plot holes, the way the story flows, character interactions, world-building, MC's personality, and whether or not if something feels to adrupt such as characters change of actions that rapidly lead to friendship, love interests, and etc.

When writing a book you create the foundation of the story in the beginning of the first couple of chapters that not only have to draw in the reader to make them want more but also the logic within the story that you set.

The logic of majority of stories should still follow the flow in the real world such as relationships, personalities, and actions that coalign with a characters personality.

For example:
Imagine a character named Jordan, who is initially shown as a quiet, logical person who likes being alone and avoids parties. Despite this, Jordan starts participating in debates, joining group projects, and making spur-of-the-moment choices. This change surprises the readers, as it doesn't match the earlier description of Jordan as introverted and logical. This difference between Jordan's actions and how they're described in the story makes us think about how characters are presented in books.
I'm confident in my plot, not my grammar, but my story is there as I have been told.

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
image_search_1710878498274.jpg

what's your feedback on this blunt?

View attachment 26812
what's your feedback on this blunt?
Good vibes
I'm confident in my plot, not my grammar, but my story is there as I have been told.
I'll get back to you soon, I'm gonna read a lot of chapters to get an overall view.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…

For example:
Could you do this one, it is a bit experimental compared to the stuff I read here.

Could you do this one, it is a bit experimental compared to the stuff I read here.
I don't mind and I'll let you know when I'm done forming an analysis.
Hello,

I will leave my story here then.
I know that there are still mistakes and it can be a bit uneven. I am slowly fixing those parts.

But please give me your feedback, I really want to know if, as you describe, there are any plot holes, if you were drawn and want to stay to read it!
This will help me improve the story and fix it.

Here is the link !

Thank you !
Yeah I'll get back to you once I'm done reading the others.

Rookieqw

For example:
Thank you for your offer. If it is okay, here is my story: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/860302/a-rats-problems/ .

Terrate

I want to know if logic still somehow flows well on mine. Though I'm afraid it'll be such a slug to read. Still would appreciate even if you just read the prologue or something.

Hi there. This sounds like just the sort of thing I'm looking for. Here is my story. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sylver

Oooo I remember you, you're a wee bit mmmmm picky when it comes to stories I believe :blob_evil_two: just teasing, not meant to be an insult haha.

Would you mind taking a look at mine when you've the time? No rush, just a few things to let you know ahead of time. I don't have an editor so I understand that the grammar and spelling can be repetitive or needs fixing in some areas. The story includes smut and an eventual polyamorous relationship, it's character driven and over time it begins to develop an underlying plot thread that takes off by the end of Act 1 (Chapter 64).

No big deal if you choose to read a handful of chapters, it would be unfair to demand you read through all of them. Just let me know what chapters you've read and take your time. You have plenty of stories ahead of mine so I don't expect a response for the next few days, although I would be pleasantly surprised should that happen :blobthumbsup:

I think that's all. Thanks a bunch and hope you enjoy it! :blob_salute: