Book dumping

doravg

137/4001 (finally counted the stories)
I have the urge to dump my Smashwords books here at once. I am so sick of posting them chapter by chapter. Do you ever get sick of posting chapter by chapter?

wresch

I find it interesting to move chapter by chapter. I give each chapter another read and often find yet another typo or grammar error. And I pay far more attention to chapter titles. And it is one more chance to ask the real question - is this chapter needed? So for me, this chapter process is a new form of revision.

Attachments

• 0037321-9b9d71de-705c-488d-9666-a2999061bd20.jpg
    0037321-9b9d71de-705c-488d-9666-a2999061bd20.jpg
    905.2 KB · Views: 24

Satansoul

useless member
Many readers find the novels they want from the "Latest Updates" section. And it is clear that sending the chapters daily instead of dumping them all at once has more opportunity to be included in the latest updates. But if you don't care about this issue, just dump them all at once.

doravg

Many readers find the novels they want from the "Latest Updates" section. And it is clear that sending the chapters daily instead of dumping them all at once has more opportunity to be included in the latest updates. But if you don't care about this issue, just dump them all at once.
I was posting them chapter by chapter for the views. But those books are complete. More complete, I can't make them. Why do I need extra motivation from them? It is not like I will rewrite them or something.

Besides, most of my readers find my books because I have marked them as complete.

Satansoul

useless member
I was posting them chapter by chapter for the views. But those books are complete. More complete, I can't make them. Why do I need extra motivation from them? It is not like I will rewrite them or something.

Besides, most of my readers find my books because I have marked them as complete.
So just do it however you want. If you think too much about these things and be hard on yourself, you will get tired of writing.

BlackKnightX

You can just schedule the daily release, set the timer, and be done with it. Or if you're quite established on other sites already, you can dump them all at once if you want.

KidBuu699

Personally I say drop around 5 chapters at once and then do every other day releases so people see it in the feeds. If I see a story that sounds interesting and it only has 1 chapter, I usually just bookmark it and come back later when it has enough to get a feel for it.

doravg

This takes so long. I have been posting for two hours, and I still have tons more to post.

But I will dump all those books here!