Can you post your novels on multple platforms?

Aru

Hello~ so I'm outlining a story right now and I was thinking of posting it primarily here on scribble hub. But I was just wondering if is it legal or is it allowed to post my work simultaneously on other platforms?

Thank you for the feedback :> happy reading and writing everyone~

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Hello~ so I'm outlining a story right now and I was thinking of posting it primarily here on scribble hub. But I was just wondering if is it legal or is it allowed to post my work simultaneously on other platforms?

Yes, you can post it on all platforms unless you specifically sign an exclusivity contract.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~

Yes, you can post it on all platforms unless you specifically sign an exclusivity contract.
Like lnv said.
The only time you can't is when you are participating in one of the writing contests on SH.
e.g. The Metus Contest: the work must be posted only on SH for the duration of the contest, must use original covers or have the artist's permission to use the image, cannot have been posted before the contest, etc...
You get the idea.

As for normal stories, there's no restrictions for posting other than following the site guidelines for stuff like no promoting of illegal activities like bestiality (as an example).

Apologies if my post just ended up confusing you...
orz

tl;dr posting on multiple sites only matters if you're doing a SH writing contest.

X

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

It's fine to do it but not if you publish it for sale on things like Amazon Select. Or if you sell at a lower price elsewhere. Other than that, yeah.

Reactions: Aru
D

Deleted member 29316

It's fine to post your work on multiple sites. Not only does your work get to have its 'exposure', you'll also learn what sites you shouldn't post your work.

For reference, my main story is posted in the following sites:
  • ScribbleHub
  • RoyalRoad (beware of sex-crazed readers there)
  • WebNovel
  • Wattpad (though it's not updated)
I tried posting on other sites, but eventually deleted it because of lack of readers/got involved in some drama...
  • HoneyFeed (there are some nasty gatekeepers there that would demand 'anime-like-only' stories)
  • Inkitt (lack of readers due to its demographic mostly being female)
  • Sofanovel (aside from lack of readers-their demographic is female, they offer contracts that would kill your motivation as an author)
  • Dreame (same with Sofanovel)
  • Booklat (lack of readers due to the readers' preference for local language, which is Filipino)
  • FictionPress (lack of readers, and the text-editor is quite a handful, too)
  • Pixiv (aside from its predominantly Japanese audience, the text editor's limited to only 30k characters...kanji or alphabet)

Last edited by a moderator: