Chapter 23... A transition point for both writer and story.

D.S.Nate

So I've been putting most of my creative time into really doing a final version of my beloved story The Chronicles of Sorataki and given that this was my first ever book I'd written back in early 2008-2009 as much as I loved the old book there where bound to be some changes. The old title for the story got a needed change for one. (It use to be called The Demon Sword: Sorataki, this can still be found on Wattpad for those who care.) The POV used is getting a revamp and besides some technical stuff this was the biggest reason for the remake in the first place in all honesty. But even so, when I began this remake I did not know how many things would be altered, how many later ideas in later books would be foreshadowed sooner.

Most interesting to me are the newly added scenes that were never in the regional or if they were they only got a passing mention. I guess it's like looking back at an old image of yourself. You suddenly remember how you felt at that moment the image was taken, what was in your thoughts and fears. Looking back through my old book for this remake gave give me capsules of memories of what kind of man I was back then. I want to honour that past me, I want to spud him for making some really cool moments and ideas and sometimes I want to punch him for being a cringe-worthy weeb but for the most part, I really want to congratulate him. Because although I had no real experience of how to write at the time I had a passion that could burn a continent. 12 or so years later and you could say I still have that passion now but it feels like it's mostly traded in for a strong writing discipline and a need to write get content out otherwise I feel depressed lol.

I've been on a few writing sites and I use over the years and each time I've used that opportunity to clean up my work. As of today, Scibble Hub has the latest version of my first book. I'm already at 2k views which is cool I guess.

On this current chapter followed events in locations that were never in the original. I like to see this chapter as a turning point for Sophie and Flynn who are by this point in the story the new members of the cast, in the old version we'd already seen Flynn in action and get a sense of what he is able to do. We've seen that Sophie can be crafty as much as she is cheeky this new arc will put more emphasis on what she brings to the table overall in the dynamics of the team. There's also some solid world-building along with how other hunters beyond the main cast play into the grander fabric of this stories world. It will be a short but sweet arc and if I do my job right, it should further build into the stuff that is coming:

Here's the link to the story

I'm sorry for the long tangent, this was not meant to be a long read, I did this on a whim and it just felt right to do lol.

Last edited:

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Kill of someone, that’ll fix it

Deeprotsorcerer

Skeletal Eromancer
Psssst, your blue link is the RR link while the pic link is the SH link. Intentional?

Last edited: