[Closed] Free Feedback from the Prince

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
You can judge my story. It's a little slow at the start but it will start to progress forward more from chapter 18 or 20.
View attachment 18836
“Chosen by the Elements”
Synopsis:
In a parallel universe where magic is not just a thing of legends, Alex, a young student struggling with his mundane life, embarks on an extraordinary adventure.
After enduring endless taunts and disappointment, Alex's life takes an unexpected turn when he stumbles upon an ancient ring left behind by the late Mr. Johnson, the school's enigmatic security guard. Little does he know that this seemingly ordinary ring holds the key to unlocking a world where magic reigns supreme.
As Alex puts on the ring, he is transported to a parallel universe, a realm pulsating with raw magical energy and inhabited by mystical beings. Here, he discovers that he possesses an innate connection to the elements, he sets off on a captivating journey.
Join Alex as he explores enchanting landscapes, encounters mythical creatures, and delves deeper into the mysteries of this magical realm.
As he interacts with fellow magic users and faces formidable challenges, Alex's journey becomes a transformative experience, pushing him beyond his limits and unlocking his true potential.
🐉

Thank you for submitting to my Magical Holy Unicorn Rarity Dragon Judgement™️
I read to the end of “Interlude – Whispers of the Wise: An Old Man’s Imagination”
I stopped because I want to read something else, preferably the next request that has been patiently waiting on me.
Thank you for your patience as well.

I like the cover art. The text on it could be better however.

I prefer the way you transport to the other world. So many stories have the MC die in order to get to the next life, but your version is much more gentle and less intrinsically saddening. It is still obviously an appeal to escapism, but I don't blame you for writing that. A lot of people crave escapism.

Everything appears to be about empowering and glorifying MC after this point. This isn't a bad thing, but it's also not that interesting to read, at least for me.The big issue is the lack of tension in your writing. I'm not skilled enough to explain but i know there are some youtube videos that discuss tension and suspense (they are different).

Your writing comes off to me as amateurish, I say this because it reminds me of the way I used to write when I was a teen and wanted everything to sound deep and meaningful. I think you fall into that same error. When every little event and accomplishment is groundbreaking and impactful, none of them feel that way to the reader. Stop overstating every development as important.

In your writing i noticed you sometimes get repetitive with a phrase between paragraphs.

I think the best aspect of your writing was your scene descriptions. I enjoyed reading those and imagining them in my own head. Definitely your stronger suit.

You could improve on your character descriptions a bit.

In the early chapters there were a couple of instances where MC stops to rest but moves on without anything happening. To fix this, you could move your scene descriptions to be witnessed while he is resting. Otherwise, I don't understand why you wrote the break in the first place. Use your text time wisely, sometimes things can be improved by just moving some things around or adding/removing stuff.

Once MC reaches the top of mountain to the temple there's a handful of chapters of what felt like mostly info dumping. This was the most boring chapters that i read, and there are several back to back. I sorta liked the apostles, but i think there was a better way of handling this.

I got interested once again at chapter 9, where you go back to describing scenes that your synopsis promised. Even the way you write his expanding comprehension here is not bad.

The way you write about the elements and their interconnectedness reminds me of a visual novel type game i loved called Golden Treasure: The Great Green. Great immersion and it just has that spark of magic in it. So I say that's a good direction there.

I don't want to discourage you and your efforts. The power of storyteller is not easy to wield. But once you start thats when you begin improving. It takes time, but you'll never improve if you don't try.

At the risk of sounding rude, i want to share an idea on how to approach the story differently. Feel free to ignore the idea if it doesn't fit with what you were going for. Or for any reason.
Several ideas here, hopefully i can present them reasonably.

1st: instead of having MC meet all the apostles in person at the same time, have them communicate to him through his magic ring. Perhaps in his dreams. They could assist him through it as well by transporting him to the realm he needs to go to.

Have him meet the apostles one by one as he reaches comprehension of each respective element (via ring power). This would give you plenty of time to have them interact personally and perhaps help his understanding of the elements.

Later on, once each apostle has helped him with their element, MC could finally be brought to the magic elemental realm to meet them all in person and perhaps do a final important task.

2nd: instead of being trained by the apostles, have mr. Johnson be the one who preps him for the task ahead in the time they know each other. The first Mentor, if you will.

This would give that character more utility and you could use it to explain why MC is an outcast. (Because he believes in the wierd magic practices that don't work in our world.)

You don't even have to show all the basic training or explaining in the beginning. Just sprinkle some flashbacks periodically that show security guard explaining or training MC in basics. (When appropriate time comes)

I realize I'm asking you to rewrite, which is the bane of any writer's existance.

I think that if you did both of those things you wouldn't need to spend so many chapters info dumping and could get into the story much faster. And you could still explain how he knows what to do by johnson's preparations. Spread out your worldbuilding, readers don't absolutely need to know it all in the beginning. You could retain some mystery to the readers as well, enhance the feeling of discovery.

Honestly think this channel has a lot of useful videos on writing.
Overall, my appraisal of your story is: Questionable
It needs some work, but don't be discouraged.

I pray that the Love of Christ gives renewed purpose to your life through gratefulness. Amen.

🐉

Last edited:

Niro972

Would like your feedback on mine:

I'm hoping to get some feedback, as well. Thank you.

Rivertalon

Please review this book. You can just post on the thread.

RyujiSakamata

Here's mine. Thank you.

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

This seems fun. Feedback on my stories is one of the few things in life that I still get stressed over, so it's probably best for me to exposure therapy myself on this.

Enjoy. or don't :blobrofl:
🐉

Thank you for submitting to my Exciting Exclusive Evolving Dragon Judgement™️
I read to the end of [Vol-1] Ch.15 Exploration
I stopped because I don't think I will gain any new insights by reading more. At least not anytime soon.

The most noticeable thing to me was how easily I could glide through each of your chapters. It was really easy to read, so you're probably doing something right on that end.

The story isn't particularly exciting, it's slow paced and the narration voice sounds kinda monotone to me. Moments that I think should be exciting don't feel any different from any other event. It's kinda like journal entries the telling of events is very stoic. It is very logic focused, not emotionally focused. Your MC doesn't seem to emotionally struggle at all with being alone. However, this might be fitting for a scientific imp and could be intentional on your part to fit the theme of your story.

Despite your gore warning, you aren't very graphic with your descriptions. They aren't visceral. Though, even if it doesn't bother me doesn't mean it isn't hard for others to read. The concepts alone might be something for people who haven't dealt with it before.

There's no dialogue so far, so I can't really comment on that.

MC spends most of his time alone with nobody to interact with, it's very Minecraft survival-esque, but I'm not saying your world reads like minecraft fanfic :blobrofl:.

So there's nothing really that wholesome that I read so far. Nothing truly abhorrent or abusive, other than monsters killing each other nearly indiscriminately. I'm sure there's a reason for that but I'm not going to spend time trying to find out just for this review. (The whole goblin farming operation, I mean.)

Not my kind of slice of life (I prefer more personal interactions), but I think you do well enough for what you're (i think) trying to do.
Not bad but not amazing either.

I pray that you know the truth of the Bible and its account of Christ's love for you. May many mysteries be revealed to you as you seek Him who made you, crafting you with great care and molding you as clay. Amen.

🐉

🐉🐉🐉 Welcome to my Lair 🐉🐉🐉
My ordained drakes give you hospitality.

🐲
Here, I will judge you.
Things you should know before you submit:
  • I am not a good author
  • I dislike reading
  • It may take time for me to give you feedback, I am a slow reader.
  • I currently only use a mobile phone
  • Your story must be on scribblehub
  • For now, I have no other restrictions on stories I'll accept
  • Don't take my feedback too seriously.

I am doing this to procrastinate writing my own story and to perhaps get some ideas or inspiration while getting better at writing myself.

Appraisal system
Treasure - This is going in my Hoard
Well Done - Good to consume
Questionable -is questionable, caution should be exercised.
Intrusive Thoughts - Warning, may tempt readers into bad behavior
Toxic -Dangerous to consume, bad for the soul
Purge Necessary - I need to send an ordained drake to purge you of your iniquity

My main concern with doing these reviews is the spirit of the story I am reading. I may be able to spot some writing issues but my primary Very True Biased Prideful Dragon Judgement™️ will more focus on the ideas I see in the story and the spirit behind them.
Or at least, that is what I hope to focus on, I am not-experienced in this.

Procedure
  1. YOU submit a link to your story, I cannot see your signature.
  2. I will read as far as I wish. Understand this may take some time as I dislike reading. In the order of link received.
  3. I will post a reply here on this thread with my review. This may or may not be helpful for you.
  4. Leave knowing the you have been lovingly judged. (You may reply to my review don't worry)
I thank you for submitting the work you have taken time to put your heart and soul into for my humble-proud judgement.

I shall end with a prayer for you and I:

May our minds be willing, our hearts softened, our ways made right in the sight of God.
Seeking Christ, for he is the creator of us all, having written all things and justified us to the father, that we may inherit the kingdom of heaven.
May we repent of our ways, and follow His ways which are perfect and excellent.
May we be humble before God, the greatest author in existence. Amen.

🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉
Roast the shit out of my story, big man.

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
🐉

Thank you for submitting to my Exciting Exclusive Evolving Dragon Judgement™️
I read to the end of [Vol-1] Ch.15 Exploration
I stopped because I don't think I will gain any new insights by reading more. At least not anytime soon.

The most noticeable thing to me was how easily I could glide through each of your chapters. It was really easy to read, so you're probably doing something right on that end.

The story isn't particularly exciting, it's slow paced and the narration voice sounds kinda monotone to me. Moments that I think should be exciting don't feel any different from any other event. It's kinda like journal entries the telling of events is very stoic. It is very logic focused, not emotionally focused. Your MC doesn't seem to emotionally struggle at all with being alone. However, this might be fitting for a scientific imp and could be intentional on your part to fit the theme of your story.

Despite your gore warning, you aren't very graphic with your descriptions. They aren't visceral. Though, even if it doesn't bother me doesn't mean it isn't hard for others to read. The concepts alone might be something for people who haven't dealt with it before.

There's no dialogue so far, so I can't really comment on that.

MC spends most of his time alone with nobody to interact with, it's very Minecraft survival-esque, but I'm not saying your world reads like minecraft fanfic :blobrofl:.

So there's nothing really that wholesome that I read so far. Nothing truly abhorrent or abusive, other than monsters killing each other nearly indiscriminately. I'm sure there's a reason for that but I'm not going to spend time trying to find out just for this review. (The whole goblin farming operation, I mean.)

Not my kind of slice of life (I prefer more personal interactions), but I think you do well enough for what you're (i think) trying to do.
Not bad but not amazing either.

I pray that you know the truth of the Bible and its account of Christ's love for you. May many mysteries be revealed to you as you seek Him who made you, crafting you with great care and molding you as clay. Amen.

🐉
Thanks for taking the time to read and review!

I'm glad it reads as journal entries, as that is what I'm going for. (In fact, I should probably put that in the description lol). It's also definitely Gore-lite. I hesitated to put the gore tag at all, but there are handfuls of people out there who would be upset if I didn't, and I consider myself highly desensitized to gore, so I may have overdone my estimation here though.

Since this is my first foray into writing, the feedback is much appreciated! I'm glad to hear it was easy to glide through the chapters, as I try to live by the motto "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

Volume 1 was honestly quite the slog to write, I had a lot of things I wanted to cover, but got sucked into rabbit holes for a lot of random things I probably didn't need to. I intend to rewrite it to be much shorter, merging it with volume 2 in the distant future when I finish writing the whole series.

Volume 2 added some new characters, and added some personal interactions, but as it's written in the form of a journal, there aren't that many interpersonal relationships.

Volume 3 (As I'm writing now), really starts to build up some more of the characters (while still attempting to keep the journal entry style). The MC really begins to touch on one of the main morals of the series
"Extreme caution should be used when advancing technology, as the ripples from something seemingly mundane can have wide reaching and potentially deadly consequences."

Rhaps

Jedi Fae

I still don't know what I am doing

Scaver

🐉🐉🐉 Welcome to my Lair 🐉🐉🐉
My ordained drakes give you hospitality.

🐲
Here, I will judge you.
Things you should know before you submit:
  • I am not a good author
  • I dislike reading
  • It may take time for me to give you feedback, I am a slow reader.
  • I currently only use a mobile phone
  • Your story must be on scribblehub
  • For now, I have no other restrictions on stories I'll accept
  • Don't take my feedback too seriously.

I am doing this to procrastinate writing my own story and to perhaps get some ideas or inspiration while getting better at writing myself.

Appraisal system
Treasure - This is going in my Hoard
Well Done - Good to consume
Questionable -is questionable, caution should be exercised.
Intrusive Thoughts - Warning, may tempt readers into bad behavior
Toxic -Dangerous to consume, bad for the soul
Purge Necessary - I need to send an ordained drake to purge you of your iniquity

My main concern with doing these reviews is the spirit of the story I am reading. I may be able to spot some writing issues but my primary Very True Biased Prideful Dragon Judgement™️ will more focus on the ideas I see in the story and the spirit behind them.
Or at least, that is what I hope to focus on, I am not-experienced in this.

Procedure
  1. YOU submit a link to your story, I cannot see your signature.
  2. I will read as far as I wish. Understand this may take some time as I dislike reading. In the order of link received.
  3. I will post a reply here on this thread with my review. This may or may not be helpful for you.
  4. Leave knowing the you have been lovingly judged. (You may reply to my review don't worry)
I thank you for submitting the work you have taken time to put your heart and soul into for my humble-proud judgement.

I shall end with a prayer for you and I:

May our minds be willing, our hearts softened, our ways made right in the sight of God.
Seeking Christ, for he is the creator of us all, having written all things and justified us to the father, that we may inherit the kingdom of heaven.
May we repent of our ways, and follow His ways which are perfect and excellent.
May we be humble before God, the greatest author in existence. Amen.

🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉
If you would!

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

I'm deciding to close this thread to future requests.
I'll still read and judge the ones that have already been submitted, but it may still take some time.
Thank you for all the wonderful and interesting stories.

I may open the thread again in the future, but I don't know when.

Last edited:

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
I'm deciding to close this thread to future requests.
I'll still read and judge the ones that have already been submitted, but it may still take some time.
Thank you for all the wonderful and interesting stories.

I may open the thread again in the future, but I don't know when.
You can save mine until the very, very end or skip it since you’re pretty busy already. got some good feedback from doravg and am trying to implement it :)

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

You can save mine until the very, very end or skip it since you’re pretty busy already. got some good feedback from doravg and am trying to implement it :)
Oh, don't worry. I'm still working on submissions from early june. (3 months behind, now lol)
So yours will be a while.
If you edit your early chapters then i might catch it just right to give you a review of them.

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

RemindMe! One Year "The Dragon Wakes"

Little Bamboo
🐉
Thank you for submitting to my Heavenly Ascended Peerless Enlightened Dragon Judgement™️
I read to the end of the latest chapter Chapter 6: The Singing Bamboo (2)

I've noticed you aren't very active lately and haven't posted. Hope you are doing alright.

At first, I was worried that the multiple POV would not be well done, but it was acceptable to me. There's only a few chapters available so I'm still unsure how the POVs intertwine quite yet. I haven't read many multi-POV stories but I did write one with varying POVs, though my shifts would be supporting the MC rather than having multiple MCs.

I don't really have any obvious writing improvements that I can point out. I think your writing is pretty decent.

I like the spirit behind your story so far. The characters dispositions are agreeable to me. The message i think you are trying to convey is a decent one. Haven't noticed anything objectionable too far, outside of common genre elements.
I don't believe in reincarnation, however I think it is a common story mechanic that can be put to good use. Likewise, ascension into immortality/Godhood can be done well even if the idea/path to it is against my beliefs.

Anyway, would like to see you continue to write. Your story was enjoyable to read.
Overall, my appraisal of your story is: Well Done
I kinda want to read more of it.

I pray that you find salvation in Jesus Christ, the only path to heaven. May the truth of all creation cry out in glory to His name. Amen.

🐉

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

Here you go, fam. If you're gonna read two of my drafts (or at least skim through one of them), please tell me which works better as an isekai litRPG. Thanks.
🐉

Thank you for submitting to my Divine Orderly Humble Brag Dragon Judgement™️
I read to the end of the first document, as the other one is now locked.

You only have a few thousand words for me to work with. You have a good style of writing, I think. A strong flavor at the very least. Way Better than being bland, even if I wouldn't normally read your story.

I don't read a huge amount of litRPG, so it is hard for me to say what you should or shouldn't do in that genre. What you are doing looks alright to me I guess.

I don't think the Introduction section is necessary, you kinda talk about it later in a more natural way anyway.
The one thing not explained in the intro section (or anywhere) is why. Why do they want to slay all the Gods? What's their reasoning?
I get that they are revolutionaries, but for what cause? So far it appears to me that MC does it because he can, or has a chip on his shoulder.

IRL I don't agree with most revolutionaries. I mostly see them as usurpers who don't actually make things better. Causing conflict without benefits.
I'm unsure what your end goal for the story is though, so it's hard to tell what your message is at this point. It's mostly an introduction of the MC (who I'm not fond of at this point).

I'm not a fan of the attitude presented, it's too much for me. But as I said, much better than being lukewarm. Not bad writing, just disagreeable content (to me).
Overall, my appraisal of your story is: Toxic
I don't really enjoy irreverent content.

I pray that you find peace and joy in Jesus Christ, the one who first loved us. May you find unity with God, rather than strife. Amen.

🐉