Bugs Cloudflare connection security checks are getting out of hand for me (bug?)

Sizano

The title pretty much says it. Have been getting those checks more and more, now like every couple times I change pages on scribble hub and they have been taking longer and longer making my pc really work in the meantime. Now between 5 and 10 minutes before I can continue. I feel like this can't be right or working as intended which makes me wonder if that is just a me-problem as well as wether there is something to fix that.

I am using a VPN but I have been for the whole time I have been reading on Scribble Hub so far and I never had this issue at all until rather recently.
I generally tend to have the problem that sites tend to think I am a robot for some reason (can't use twitter/x for example) so I am worried something similar might be going on here...

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Tony sometimes needs to up the level of Cloudflare protection due to bot attacks.

I'm afraid you're probably getting caught in the crossfire there because of your VPN.

I don't think there is anything that can be done about it, other than either disabling VPN, or waiting a few days/weeks to see if Tony lowers the level of Cloudflare.

Sizano

(...) other than either disabling VPN, or waiting a few days/weeks to see if Tony lowers the level of Cloudflare.
well, I would like to avoid disabling my vpn so I'll try to tough it out then. Hopefully this won't be too long (^_^)'
Thanks for the explaination anyways:)

Tony

Staff member
The title pretty much says it. Have been getting those checks more and more, now like every couple times I change pages on scribble hub and they have been taking longer and longer making my pc really work in the meantime. Now between 5 and 10 minutes before I can continue. I feel like this can't be right or working as intended which makes me wonder if that is just a me-problem as well as wether there is something to fix that.

I am using a VPN but I have been for the whole time I have been reading on Scribble Hub so far and I never had this issue at all until rather recently.
I generally tend to have the problem that sites tend to think I am a robot for some reason (can't use twitter/x for example) so I am worried something similar might be going on here...
well, I would like to avoid disabling my vpn so I'll try to tough it out then. Hopefully this won't be too long (^_^)'
Thanks for the explaination anyways:)

I haven't touched Cloudflare's setting in a long time. Can I ask which browser you're using and are you allowing cookies to be set?

Sizano

I haven't touched Cloudflare's setting in a long time. Can I ask which browser you're using and are you allowing cookies to be set?
I am using google chrome and I am somewhat positive that I accepted cookes back when I first came to the site but that has been over a year ago so I really don't quite remember, is there a way I could check?

As I said tho, I haven't had these problems until a couple weeks ago:/

Sizano

I have found the cookie settings and enabled them all, my problem sadly still persists...

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
I have found the cookie settings and enabled them all, my problem sadly still persists...
Are you using any browser plugins/extensions that are supposed to reduce the frequency of Cloudflare security checks?

There was at least one in the past that started triggering them near-constantly.

Sizano

Are you using any browser plugins/extensions that are supposed to reduce the frequency of Cloudflare security checks?
Not that I am aware at least. I have adblock plus and one from Avira (my antivirus software) as plugins... like forever and as I said I am unaware of any of them going into that directions.

Tony

Staff member
Not that I am aware at least. I have adblock plus and one from Avira (my antivirus software) as plugins... like forever and as I said I am unaware of any of them going into that directions.

If you've done nothing different then maybe your IP address got flagged as spam/dangerous by Cloudflare. I would try changing your IP or maybe try using a different browser to see if it changes anything.