Create and describe a monster/creature.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
I need but one word, a name, to describe the most terrifying monster of all. BenJepheneT. A man with an unparalleled amount of cursed images and things.

Frank-9976

surrealist shortform writer
A clam, a great blue clam with shimmering skin. It's 10 feet wide.

It breathes in and seems to swallow the air in front of it as it does, propelling itself forward.

TheUnsuspicious

A strange being appeared within my sight and stood in front of me with its twisted expression.

It had 2 white orbs with a black point fixed on its face, a stroke of torn skin right below it accompanied with lines of black paint all over the top of its head. Four long sticks could be seen protruding out of its body with a pair of it being significantly longer than the other, and at the end of the sticks, it branched into even more smaller sticks.

It stared at my soul with its strange gaze, looking at me up and down as though it was judging the quality of its food. First from my face, then to my hair, before finally—

Suddenly, the torn skin on its face opened slightly. It allowed me to see a red goo inside it coated in tiny blocks colored in pale white.

Right at that moment, the white orbs became larger while the black point turn smaller. The sticks around its body moved and flailed around in a random manner before finally...

I heard it. A scream.

And everything instantly clicked.

It was a mirror.

D

Deleted member 93348

Here’s an excerpt from my upcoming isekai fantasy. I don’t like describing creatures into long detail, so I crammed it as much as a I could:

The moon shone brighter above the university, and Hokori grinned at the demolished school gate a mile away. It was the roar of the killer, darker than the lush forests surrounding the school, reeling in like a flood. Then again, it was good to know this dwellbeast species stayed true to its “black ink” name. And what a gross, bubbling mess it had to be just to emerge in its true form: hulkingly muscular down to its veiny, hoofed legs—each bending like it was a hairless satyr from Hell—not that they existed in Parallaxis. It was the only thing Hokori could compare it to.

The dwellbeast fixed its crooked upper jaw, still agonized by the Champion’s blinding roundhouse kick moments ago, clamping its long snout no different from a crocodile’s. It snarled and charged at Hokori on its long, knuckle-dragging arms. The students screamed and ran, but the sharp tendrils sprouting from its back only aimed to turn him into a pin cushion.

Venom was my main inspiration for the black ink dwellbeast, along with John Carpenter’s The Thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
The Stygxian

The dazed spirits of the night echo moaning dirges in harmony and their twisted limbs folded and merged with one another as they tumbled over their unending, conjoined river ride of blood, ice, shadows, and magma, throughout the shadows of lands plundered and razed.

Sweeping up those that dare stroll the land they prey on. The guilty are savory and sinewy and Styxians take great pleasure in rending the souls of the wicked in the the Styxian's massive torrent of shadowy limbs, and blood magma.

The innocent have not need to fear the Styxian's touch. For despite the burning heat of this creature and its limbs the touch is closer to that of melting ice to innocents.

Kidd_Wadsworth

It always happened at night. Her parents were out again and the housekeeper was snoring in her room on the bottom floor, off the kitchen, at the back of the house. No one would hear her if she cried out. She shivered as frigid air filled the room, freezing the water in the glass beside her bed and frosting the window. "Did they leave you alone, again," it asked. With strange sucking noises, it moved across the floor as if its feet were made of suction cups, squishing down, then popping loose. It reeked of rotting garbage.

"No, no." She pulled the covers over her head and curled up into a fetal position.

Crackles like lightning popped. Even through the covers they pricked her skin as if in a thousand places she was being shocked by electricity.

"Stop! Stop!"

"Pull down the covers."

"HELP! HELP!" She shouted.

"Pull down the covers."

"NO!"

With its long bony fingers it clawed at the coverlet. Desperately she clung to blanket. "Go away, please go away." It had worked before, if she held on, it went away, like it couldn't stay in her room very long. "Please, please," she pleaded asking God to help her. "Please."

PotatianEmpire

Imagine a place with no day or night, just lit up by an eternal orangeish light. The Sky (Ceiling) and Ground are really close to each other. In this world there is a phenomenom called "Angel sightings". These are essentially the sudden appearence of monsters or "angels". There is one that is a large disk like creature with metal parts which are able to extend from its body in any direction. Then there is an angel with many many legs and arms around a head which hides behind a mask and so on. They each represent a pure form of energy such as vengence, love, jealousy or victimism.
Here is an example of one of these encounters:

I suddenly woke up to a crackling noise. I looked looked around in the darkness. Some light was coming from between the two sliding doors at the foot of my bed. I sat up right on my matress. I crawled up to where the light was coming from. I peeked.

I froze.

The whole living room was trashed and blood stains everywhere. The vase in the corner had been shattered, the table split in two and the walls had scratch marks everywhere. I entered slowly. The light was sweighing and blood drooping. The only thing I could hear through the eary silence was my heart pumping. My head was going numb. I turned my to head to the direction a sudden squeeking noise came from. The pitch of the squeeking sound increased and I heard the door shut with a loud bang. I slowely looked around the room. No one. I was a little relieved. I guessed the immediate danger was gone.

I gave a sigh. The blood in the room didn't seem to be human. I have to get me and my daughter out of here. I looked up at the clock to see the time. A foot? I was confused. But why? I looked at the ceiling. The last thing I heard was my neck breaking and my head severing off my body.

This concept was inspired by the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion and Eve's "How to eat life" music video.

Last edited: