Creativity

mrsimple

Writer
Anything is fine really
a light hearted story is what I'd like if possible
You could try a serious setting or situation, but make light of it through your character interactions. A good example is having the typical scenario of the teenage couple: boyfriend meeting his girlfriend's parents for the first time.

Strict parents, no nonsense types, and having a disposition over who should be with their daughter: which isn't this guy. So how does he handle the situation? I can't tell you that, otherwise it'd be me telling the story, but the fun part is the interactions that might lighten the mood to a point the parents give in. Getting their acceptance would be the couple's obstacle, and either of the pair could be the main character with their own personal goals. Maybe the girlfriend wants to get away from the household's dictum, and she chose the polar opposite of the ideal boyfriend her parents imagined they'd find her with? Maybe the boyfriend wants to get with the girl just for a passionate fling, but seeing who she truly is with their parents, he's clued in how much she needs the rebellion in her life? And both of them, seeing that their interest might not be true, they both may make light of everything having gone on that day by winning over the parents with smiling laughter.

...That's just an idea. For now, I sleep.

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
You could try a serious setting or situation, but make light of it through your character interactions. A good example is having the typical scenario of the teenage couple: boyfriend meeting his girlfriend's parents for the first time.

Strict parents, no nonsense types, and having a disposition over who should be with their daughter: which isn't this guy. So how does he handle the situation? I can't tell you that, otherwise it'd be me telling the story, but the fun part is the interactions that might lighten the mood to a point the parents give in. Getting their acceptance would be the couple's obstacle, and either of the pair could be the main character with their own personal goals. Maybe the girlfriend wants to get away from the household's dictum, and she chose the polar opposite of the ideal boyfriend her parents imagined they'd find her with? Maybe the boyfriend wants to get with the girl just for a passionate fling, but seeing who she truly is with their parents, he's clued in how much she needs the rebellion in her life? And both of them, seeing that their interest might not be true, they both may make light of everything having gone on that day by winning over the parents with smiling laughter.

...That's just an idea. For now, I sleep.
Thank you and Nice Idea
Good night~

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
You are in a blank room. No exit. No entrance. You don't see a beginning or an end. You start to go insane. In that insanity you start creating things inside this room, your creativity dictated what was created in this blank room. @Ophious

Ophious

You are in a blank room. No exit. No entrance. You don't see a beginning or an end. You start to go insane. In that insanity you start creating things inside this room, your creativity dictated what was created in this blank room. @Ophious
An insane person with the power of god.... So I basically became azathoth the blind idiot God?
Because after being driven insane I'm pretty sure I to would create many beings that transcend the confines of a humans mind
Since what is a mind, if not a shell to keep the heart safe from it all

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
An insane person with the power of god.... So I basically became azathoth the blind idiot God?
Because after being driven insane I'm pretty sure I to would create many beings that transcend the confines of a humans mind
Since what is a mind, if not a shell to keep the heart safe from it all
Wouldn't that be an interesting story?

Ophious

Wouldn't that be an interesting story?
The idea is interesting but when you write it, it could become boring.it depends on how Well you do the first few chapters, what you create, why that and blah blah blah
But after creating then what? You make more watch over your creation, create destroy
It seems like a type of thing that can only stay a short story or prologue and even then the ending seems hard
When would it be a good time to end?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
The idea is interesting but when you write it, it could become boring.it depends on how Well you do the first few chapters, what you create, why that and blah blah blah
But after creating then what? You make more watch over your creation, create destroy
It seems like a type of thing that can only stay a short story or prologue and even then the ending seems hard
When would it be a good time to end?
It will only be a short story unless you add more elements to it.

Ryuubii

So the theme I got was creativity and I want to write a short story since that's what I've been doing for the last three year and for my final year I want to continue the tradition! But the problem is I can't think of what to write about, can you guys help give me ideas?
Although it has been done a lot, the life of a non living thing, or a non intelligent one, how would you tell it while keeping it interesting?