David Lynch Isekai

PBJ_Time

Although I'm still busy with my litRPG draft, I felt like I should definitely write something like this as a future project.

The story begins as usual with the MC waking up in another world. However, instead of being reborn as an infant or simply transported into some generic village, the MC is put in the middle of a bloody battlefield. We're talking about limbs and heads flying everywhere, and the occasional scorching flames from dragon riders.

The MC realizes he's already wearing some high quality armor, hearing many soldiers calling out his name, but before he could reply, a searing blast of mana erases his upper half entirely. Then, he wakes up again right into the same battlefield. Only now, the soldiers are completely different (even down to their armor), but the "Death by Mana Blast" remains the same. Again and again, the ordeal is like a broken record.

Suddenly, however, the MC find themselves waking up in their old workspace as a salaryman. His boss yells at him for sleeping on the job, but he notices a colleague he's never seen before walking down a hallway in an endless loop.

The MC gets off his desk and realizes their boss is also yelling in an endless loop. Then, he sees a chicken by the window sill. The bird vomits a golden hourglass and suddenly starts speaking, saying, "The walls are closing in, hero."

The MC holds the egg with reluctance and immediately becomes drowsy, falling face-first with the lights off. He wakes up in the battlefield yet again, but this time, the comrades he never met before celebrates their victory. However, as soon as he blinks, they suddenly all lay dead along with the enemy.

Panicked and confused, the MC tries to find anyone alive but to no avail. Then, they see the chicken again by the exact window sill, which isn't even mounted on a wall. The moment he blinks again, the chicken turns into an egg and into a chicken once more.

Despite this, the bird walks closer (or rolls closer, depending on how they look each second), saying, "The walls are closing in, hero. Fear not of the babbling nightmare you see before you, nor pay mind to my speech in tongues. Oh, have I longed to smile at you again."

The MC realizes that upon every third blink, the chicken now turns into a blonde, musclebound tomboy about his age, wielding an ax that befits her Amazonian look. Before he can ask her name, a transparent screen opens in front of them, with their current objective being, "Go back to the beginning of your adventure."

Please let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Midnight-Phantom

( Enigmatic-Entity )
I'll be hella confusing for a lot of sane people ... but the thing is he going parallel timelines? or a new reality? and how will you make it sense? like all time-lines crashed and the space-time continuum reset or something? or the whole reality shattered and the hero is in a sense the last reminiscent of a forgotten reality? :blob_frown:

in simple terms - what the hell the novel is all about?

SailusGebel

I meant the novel. I won't read such novel.

Last edited:

Jemini

Although I'm still busy with my litRPG draft, I felt like I should definitely write something like this as a future project.

The story begins as usual with the MC waking up in another world. However, instead of being reborn as an infant or simply transported into some generic village, the MC is put in the middle of a bloody battlefield. We're talking about limbs and heads flying everywhere, and the occasional scorching flames from dragon riders.

The MC realizes he's already wearing some high quality armor, hearing many soldiers calling out his name, but before he could reply, a searing blast of mana erases his upper half entirely. Then, he wakes up again right into the same battlefield. Only now, the soldiers are completely different (even down to their armor), but the "Death by Mana Blast" remains the same. Again and again, the ordeal is like a broken record.

Suddenly, however, the MC find themselves waking up in their old workspace as a salaryman. His boss yells at him for sleeping on the job, but he notices a colleague they've never seen before walking down a hallway in an endless loop.

The MC gets off his desk and realizes their boss is also yelling in an endless loop. Then, he sees a chicken by the window sill. The bird vomits a golden hourglass and suddenly starts speaking, saying, "The walls are closing in, hero."

The MC holds the egg with reluctance and immediately becomes drowsy, falling face-first with the lights off. He wakes up in the battlefield yet again, but this time, the comrades he never met before celebrates their victory. However, as soon as he blinks, they sudden all lay dead along with the enemy.

Panicked and confused, the MC tries to find anyone alive but to no avail. Then, they see the chicken again by the exact window sill, which isn't even mounted on a wall. The moment he blinks again, the chicken turns into an egg and into a chicken once more.

Despite this, the bird walks closer (or rolls closer, depending on how they look each second), saying, "The walls are closing in, hero. Fear not of the babbling nightmare you see before you, nor pay mind to my speech in tongues. Oh, have I longed to smile at you again."

The MC realizes that upon every third blink, the chicken now turns into a blonde, musclebound tomboy about his age, wielding an ax that befits her Amazonian look. Before he can ask her name, a transparent screen opens in front of them, with their current objective being, "Go back to the beginning of your adventure."

Please let me know what you think.
Ok, that's the introduction to the reader, but what's actually happening? As in, what's the principle behind all this scene jumping?

If you can answer me that question, I might actually consider it an idea with some legs. If you're just showing confusing random scenes for a shock opening when even you, the author, doesn't know what this craziness is actually all about, then it's just trash. If, on the other hand, you actually have a premise behind this introduction and you're going somewhere with it, then it could have some promise.

PBJ_Time

I'll be hella confusing for a lot of sane people ... but the thing is he going parallel timelines? or a new reality? and how will you make it sense? like all time-lines crashed and the space-time continuum reset or something? or the whole reality shattered and the hero is in a sense the last reminiscent of a forgotten reality? :blob_frown:

in simple terms - what the hell the novel is all about?
That was the idea, actually. It's about reality in the otherworld crumbling and becoming nonsensical, and the MC has little clue on what to do.