Defiant to the End

Erios909

The group has come to the end of the road. It isn't clear where things went wrong. They did everything right, but the cards just didn't turn out for them. Whether it was fate, bad luck, or something else, it doesn't matter. The odds are so terrible for them now, that they've said their goodbyes, and made peace with their end.

Are they planning to cooperate? Hell no.
Defiant to the end, they spit at their doom.
---
Write their ending.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
"Standing at the top of the hill, no matter where they turned, they could only see the hordes of reanimated bodies, looking up at them. They were previous adversaries, bandits, rivals. All those that they bested, swindled, defeated... killed on their quest. Te quest to reach the Origin first. Before anyone else. Yet now, right before finally obtaining it, the same people, the same groups were cornering them here. By who? By what? They could only guess, but it was already a worthless endeavour. They would never have a chance to-"

"Fuck this!" - Tom groaned, hitting the Esc. button on his keyboard. "I hate when games place some dumb, concealed, important choice at the start the game, masking it as a trivial nonsense, just to fuck with you at the end! Now... where was that save file...?"

Frank-9976

surrealist shortform writer
"Rodney, where is our escape vehicle?"

Me and Rodney were best pals. And also partners in crime. At the current moment we were escaping from our latest hit. They don't pay the tellers enough around here, to be honest. I consider it a form of social justice. Less to the banks, and more to me- er, us.

"I swear I parked it here. I swear, Dave."

"We're screwed now, do you know that? All we've worked for, it's kaput."

"Dave, if we get caught, let's swear not to tell on each other, please?"

Dave was stone-cold silent.

But then he spoke. "Well, I best be going now, good luck!" He started walking quickly. Perhaps he had some sort of contingency plan? He left me with the money, anyway. Come to think of it, he is wearing gloves right now, and I'm not.

AuntieMaysLittleCousin

Level 73 Practical Procastinator
"Only one of you will leave"

So said the note.

He said he wouldn't play their games, and sit in silence, staring at the lonely gun.
She stayed silent, her gaze flickering as the time passed.
Until she couldn't take it any more.
He noticed as well, and reached out for the gun.
She was faster. Two gunshots echoed in the cold stone imprisoning them. And then the door was opened.
She reached out, joy drowning the guilt of having killed to survive.
Another gunshot, and she fell back into the room, a hole in her head.
They took away his body, and gave it a decent burial.
Her body still rots in the jail, awaiting for the next victim of the sickening game.
And time goes by, once again.