Resolved Deleted then reposted release

Ninetailed_Furball

I once deleted a post after realizing that I forgot something in the post, so rather than risk people read it while I was editing the post, I deleted it immediately, then posted it again once I had fixed the mistake.
The chapter label was the same as before, and maybe because of it, it showed up in the same spot on the latest release list as the time when I originally posted the deleted version. Wasn't a big deal for me, since it was only like 30 minutes later, but could be pretty devastating if it happened a day or two later.
I presume it's because the internal ID for the post ended up being the same?

Tony

Staff member
it showed up in the same spot on the latest release list as the time when I originally posted the deleted version. Wasn't a big deal for me, since it was only like 30 minutes later, but could be pretty devastating if it happened a day or two later.

This is done on purpose as there were users who tried to cheat the system by deleting their chapters and reposted it an hour or two later to get to the top of the "Latest Update" section again. Don't worry though, it will only do it for chapters that were deleted within X hours so it won't happen for chapters you posted a day later.

What do you mean by "chapter label" though? As the novel title?

Ninetailed_Furball

Ah, thanks. I'm glad to know what the reason was, and it's a pretty smart one :blobrofl:
What I called the chapter label, I meant the chapter title. The name that the chapter appears under. I mentioned it because thought it was connected to what I thought was a bug.
Thanks again :blob_evil_two: