Demon X Angel, Can't Make Sense

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
So I want to have a bit of a rant.

I read this manga a while ago. Stopped because it was pissing me off. It showed up at random in my feed and I said, "Huh. I wonder how bad could it have gotten?"

Well. That taught me a lesson.

And I greatly enjoy reading Bad stories, because when it gets really bad, I find it to be an object lesson, but the problem here is, I really don't want to spend the time figuring out exactly how they screwed up. So, I figure, I'll rant here, maybe someone else has read it, and they can fill in the gaps.

SUMMARY DXA is a manga about how Hell and Heaven are trying to get some sort of Truce going on and it involves forcing a demon and an angel to get married. I'm uncertain of the angel's backstory. I'm sure in the 80+ chapters, it might be in there, but the demon's Backstory is: Screwed. He's screwed. Life totally screws him. Maybe he had it coming. I dunno. But they really don't show the demon being all that much of a demon. He's just kinda a jerk. Fine.

So they get magic rings forcing them to get married, but they don't want to be, and there is some stupid Geas shit with the ring and I forget the rest because, as I said, I got annoyed damn fast. it was a Romcom without the Romance or Comedy.

Then I check it out, and they are now stuck on an island that is run by the demon's sister who is evil, duh. She REALLY wants these two to have sex for some reason. I... honestly can't figure out the rules of the stupid marrage thing. There is an Angel also watching. Okay, so fine. Force them to both be in a perilous situation, they grow to find common ground. OKAY. Fine. How bad can you screw this up?

Apparently, ALOT.

So the Angel, the female, is apparently a waste of space. She is useless. She is a burden on the male demon who has to carry her around. When crunch time comes, she is useless and in fact, makes things worse. Typical BS. "OMG you saw my underware so I get to beat the shit out of you because I'm a girl and men just have to put up with this shit because women beating up men is funny!"

SIGH.

Here's the thing. I'm honestly reading this, trying to figure out, WHY THE FUCK the Male Demon isn't just... killing himself at this point. I mean, I can't, for the life of me, figure out what the hell he gets out of any of this. The last chapter just said, "Cause and Effect? PFT! Rules? Who needs those? It's a magical island with unicorn bears on it, but any time the MC wants, he can just access secret passages on the base, Dodge through all the traps his sister put there, because he apparently memorized all of them, go to a UNDERGROUND MILITARY BASE WITH JET FIGHTERS, suit up, and FLY OUT WITHOUT ANY HELP BECAUSE, YOU KNOW, I'M SURE THE HANGER DOORS JUST OPEN, BECAUSE THE ALL POWERFUL DEMONIC SISTER APPARENTLY FORGOT TO LOCK THEM.

Then... APPARENTLY... he can just... FLY A JET AIRCRAFT LOADED DOWN WITH MISSILES... to fly away from the MAGIC ISLAND IN... I don't know where it is? On Earth? In Hell? I got no clue. BUT BEFORE HE CAN ESCAPE... a GIANT INFLATABLE KAIJU THAT HAS LASER BREATH APPEARS... which he tries to destory, but because he asks the girl for help, because... APPARENTLY... the weapons system is ONLY IN THE BACK SEAT... she hits the EJECT. Oh. BTW, He had his wings torn off, so he can't fly, only she can.

I...

The STUPID. IT BURNS.

Here's what really ticks me off.

Okay. I get it. It's supposed to be SILLY. This is the COMEDY part, which... I am not laughing at. Got it. Okay. Maybe this makes some people laugh. Sure. But what I see is, you are trapped somewhere by an ALL POWERFUL ENEMY WHO CAN DO ANYTHING SO THERE ARE NO STAKES. There is no way to defeat the sister, because she can just do anything. THEREFORE, the conflict means nothing.

So what do we have left?

The relationship.

This angel? She is useless. She is a burden. She takes everything. He gives everything. He gets nothing. Apparently, not even sex, for... I dunno. Some reason. He refuses to have sex with her, even if he has the chance multiple times. Maybe it's just to spite his sister. Maybe he doesn't like fucking when he's being watched. I DUNNO. WHATEVER.

I... for the life of me... see no reason for him to want to be anywhere near this bitch of an angel. I don't want to read the entire story, because I've flipped through it and I can't find anything. ANYTHING to make her worth all this aggravation. I don't even understand why forcing these two to love one another will do ANYTHING. I... Mean this. If I was this guy?

The end of the last chapter would be where I marched back to the underground base, got one of the missiles, and then started to hit it with a hammer until it blew up and killed me. Seriously. I would detonate myself JUST TO SPITE THE CUNT BEHIND ALL THIS SHIT. Because, as far as I can tell, I believe if he dies, basically Hell and Heaven would have to go to war. So, Fuck everyone, I'd Minecraft myself so hard they'd be picking parts of me off the MOON.

Someone explain this to me. Someone, who has read this shit, explain to me why? WHY? What the hell is the Male Lead thinking? What is in it for him? How does this sort of story appeal to anyone? I'm at this point where I'm trying to figure this shit out because I just want to write a story just like this one where the MC goes, "You know what? fuck all of you." And walks away, no matter the cost or price. When she sends some giant monster to kill him, he just lets it. Just, I don't GET IT. How does this appeal to ANYONE?

I mean, I admit it. I didn't read every last word. I also can't find a novel version of the story, because those usually explain crazy shit like this better. But there is no NOVEL. There is just the MANGA and the manga is just driving me insane! I cannot FIGURE THIS OUT. WHAT IS THE APPEAL? WHO LIKES THIS SHIT? WHO THINKS THIS IS FUNNY? WHY? EXPLAIN IT TO ME! WHERE IS THE ROMANCE? WHY WOULD THESE TWO WANT TO BE TOGETHER? HOLY SHIT.

Just being FORCED to be with someone would be grounds enough to NOT want to be with someone. The shit this fucker does through makes me wonder, "WHAT IS SO WORTH IT?" And I honestly can't FIND IT. He isn't noble. He's a DEMON. He's not doing the RIGHT THING. He is selfish. Maybe he... feels sorry for the angel, but FEELING SORRY ISN'T WHAT DEMONS DO. I mean...

I need to understand this fucking trainwreck. I need to understand it so I can write a MOCKERY OF IT. I cannot figure this out. The Wiki gives me nothing. I cannot put this one together.

So, if someone else suffered through this Steaming Pile of poorly written romcom, and actually understands what the fuck is going on...

Please...

Explain it to me.

TheEldritchGod

The logic breaks at "Heaven and Hell are trying to have a truce". The entire premise doesn't make sense.
Look. That's in the first chapter. I will except any amount of CRAZY in the first chapter. It is the first chapter. You just have to suspend disbelief for that chapter because that is when the writer goes, "Here is the set up."

BUT... (and this is a BIG OLD BLACK WOMAN'S JIGGLY BUTT.)

AFTER THAT... you need to be logical. You have to LIVE with whatever you put in the beginning and everything must FLOW from the BS in the start. Why do I feel this way? Because if you read PAST the first chapter, it's your own damn fault. You read the insane start and said, "This looks interesting. Let's see where this goes."

So, Honestly? Don't have a problem with that. I will suck up any amount of Crazy in chapter 1. MAYBE up to chapter 3 if your crazy is really complicated and needs to be explored in depth so that the nuance of the nutty-as-squirrel-poop premise can be properly explained.

But my tolerance for illogical BS drops off a cliff come chapter 4.

This Steaming Pile Of AI-Generated Generic Panty Shots currently stands at chapter ONE HUNDRED AND TEN.

Flash_Nuke

First of all i admire the toast-burning anger that make you so wise in the way of insult. Second of all. Even if 0.001% of all people on earth have taste of that level, that's still 80.000 people. Just go pick up your part on the moon and move on, you'll preserve more braincell. Alternatively, vegas ?

Notadate

Well, a religous person here. Um, fuck I DUNNO. A bibical accurate one wouldnt have this, fuck most stories wouldnt have this setting.

Just saying you should, here me out, buy doge coin.

But in all seriousness, never read it, but seems like brain rot
Look. That's in the first chapter. I will except any amount of CRAZY in the first chapter. It is the first chapter. You just have to suspend disbelief for that chapter because that is when the writer goes, "Here is the set up."

BUT... (and this is a BIG OLD BLACK WOMAN'S JIGGLY BUTT.)

AFTER THAT... you need to be logical. You have to LIVE with whatever you put in the beginning and everything must FLOW from the BS in the start. Why do I feel this way? Because if you read PAST the first chapter, it's your own damn fault. You read the insane start and said, "This looks interesting. Let's see where this goes."

So, Honestly? Don't have a problem with that. I will suck up any amount of Crazy in chapter 1. MAYBE up to chapter 3 if your crazy is really complicated and needs to be explored in depth so that the nuance of the nutty-as-squirrel-poop premise can be properly explained.

But my tolerance for illogical BS drops off a cliff come chapter 4.

This Steaming Pile Of AI-Generated Generic Panty Shots currently stands at chapter ONE HUNDRED AND TEN.
whats it name/

TheEldritchGod

Can someone at least EXPLAIN why we are multiplying Demon by Angel?

Like, WHY ARE ANGEL AND DEMON UNITS OF MEASUREMENTS IN THE FIRST PLACE? WHAT DOES THIS EQUATION EQUAL? What???

Demon Times Angel Equals Criss Angel?

WHY????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ACertainPassingUser

I really want to see LOTGH narrative in the style of fantasy politic war between angel and devil, with each side having their own trouble and hardship to overcome.

TotallyHuman

Can someone at least EXPLAIN why we are multiplying Demon by Angel?

Like, WHY ARE ANGEL AND DEMON UNITS OF MEASUREMENTS IN THE FIRST PLACE? WHAT DOES THIS EQUATION EQUAL? What???

Demon Times Angel Equals Criss Angel?

WHY????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
pfff someone went to public school