Writing Prompt Descriptive first paragraph, scene setter...

JMMatheis

Hi, hello all!

I am new here on ScribbleHub (but not new to writing).

Was just looking around on the forum and saw the prompts so I thought, heck why not? So here is one! Use it as a first paragraph, as inspiration, write a story around it:

"Stars shone dimly as the full moon hung heavily in the night sky. There was an expectant air of anticipation stealing through the night. Night creatures were hushed except for the occasional hoot of an owl. A dark figure darted out from the forest, running lithely, skittering over obstacles and then leaping. An almost imperceptible creak of a wooden shingle was heard as the shadow alighted on the nearest rooftop. Bright, shining, almond eyes scanned the streets below. In the distance it could be seen, dark tiled and rising a little higher than the surrounding roofs; like a prominent tree in a forest of weeds. Starting out, the figure moved with majestic grace as it launched itself from roof to roof, running, skipping and jumping in the utmost of silence as it made an unerring path to the prominent stone dwelling. Voices could be heard from below in the pools of lamplight, as unsavory characters made deals and discussion in the dead of night. This was of no concern, as long as there was no sound of alarm. Sliding to a stop, the dark figure looked to the blue tiled roof…"

I have a few more of these that I made a while ago, if anyone is interested, let me know and I will post them.