Discord..?

Monk_Origins

I hope you are having a nice day, ladies and gentleman (and everything between (or outside)).

I am starting to see some authors open discord servers, to engage with their readers. If you have any, or have been in one, could you please tell us, beginner authors about your experience?
Also, I have been having discussions with some of my readers about my story both in inbox, and in comments. Most of them, due to nature of my story are philosophical or political, so they can be quite long. How has your experience been?

TL;DR: Do you have Discord? Why? What can a new author expect upon opening a server?

thedude3445

I have the Quinlan Circle Discord, which is the best server on the entire internet, the envy of the planet. All of the cool kids are on there. https://discord.gg/wbmyyjK

Not very many readers come to discuss the story with me or ask me questions, which honestly I am very OK with, but readers do discuss the story with each other sometimes. I prefer discussing the truly important stuff, like Fire Emblem.

OvidLemma

I've been thinking of starting a Discord, myself, and would love to hear about the experiences and impressions of fellow authors who have started their own. Such as: is it good for driving interest in your stories? Should you have a decent reader base before you start your Discord? And so on...