Do you think that Italian can be used as a fantasy rune language?

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
pizza pasta put in a box
deliver it
to my house and put it on my *gunshot from after abruptly stops the song*

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
Why not use something like old Nordic Runes? You can associate them to make spell.

doravg

135/4001 (finally counted the stories)
Why not use something like old Nordic Runes? You can associate them to make spell.
The point is that I will get to practice Italian by putting it in the story. Sort of like using training wheels. Most of the story will be in German, but the learning part will give me some time to work through the language.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

Screenshot 2023-11-02 100353.png

You're welcome.

sanitylimited

do what english does. combine multiple languages into one. that way it would make sense for people to research how to read and write better.

though it might add way too much exposition

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Do you think that Italian can be used as a fantasy rune language? I have this idea for my next story, in which the MC will dig up the language of a hero from another world and use it for spell making. (No, the story is not Isekai. The MC is born and raised in Tralalandia.) You know, so that no one can understand what the rune sheet is about, until it is too late. And I think I can mix in the ghost of the Hero from Earth into the mixture. It could be, that the Hero is trapped between worlds and has unfinished business.

I have been learning Italian since the 28th of October, mostly with the Paul Noble courses and Multilingua, and videos about pronunciation on YouTube, but I don't think I will make any substantial progress unless I start writing in the language. That is how I got better at German after years of little to no progress.

Do you think it is too much of a stretch to write such a story? Italian is such a beautiful language, and the grammar is not as complicated as German, or at least I haven't gotten to the point where it gets deep and shows me a bunch of cases out of the nothingness.

I hope you are having a great day!

:blob_cookie: :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie:
I think you could do backwards Italian. There are sites that will backwards-fy it for you after inputting what you write in Italian. Then people could both turn it backwards and then translate it, and it would be kind of fun. Maybe play with fancy fonts too?
That would be fun!

Placeholder

Thinking about it, I'd write the Italian bits in Italian, then computer-translate them into Latin for publication.

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
Mamma mia, Orc-san! Do yu bring da elven spaghetti?
What do you mean-no?
MAMMA MIA!