Do you write with distractions going on?

Do you write while...

• In silence

• Listening to music without lyrics

• Listening to music with lyrics in a language you don't understand

• Listening to music with lyrics you do understand

• Watching a stream or other entertainment

• Some other response, commented below

Results are only viewable after voting.

FluffyGamma

Everything all at once, and then when my attention gets drawn away I can ignore the golden underlines that grammarly so graciously provides my free to play ideals because I can't figure out why god damn quotations are being marked when I'm following grammar rules for proper English.

Phew. I had to get that out of my system...

Major2501

I usually write with something going on in the background. I dunno maybe I have the telly on or some music, sometimes my fiancé is playing video games or whatever. My entire life is a Weapon of Mass Distraction so I just get on with it. 😆

Katako

Mainly, what songs I listen to is based what is the situation on a chapter, so it could help me metamorph on how it should feel. If it's emotional, then go for JP songs like Anata no Yoru ga Akeru Made or Song of Seventeen.
If it's energetic then any western pop is good.
If it's just chill, a song called Hare Hare Ya covered by Sou is amazing.

Sometimes, I just shuffle and hope landing on a perfect match with what's happening on the chapter.

I've found I can only really write productively if its quiet. I've tried listening to music in the past and found it was a bit too distracting for me.

DeviousColony69

OK, I laughed a lot at your comment. I have the habit of imagining scenes when I read, imagining you writing while walking is very funny
Even I can't believe it. Lots of noises, even a little bit in my surroundings, distracts me a lot. Sitting down while staring at your laptop's screen doesn't help either. But then I noticed that whenever I walk, I can think clearly and communicate with my inner self a lot better so why not just do it too but in your home? XD