Does the Art Quality of the Novel Cover attract more readers?

• Thread starter Deleted member 156316
  • Start date

onefluffyboi

I'm gonna have to agree with you there. Even though as kids we've been taught, 'Don't judge a book by its cover.' We ABSOLUTELY do.

For me with posting on here I had a temporary meme pic I found on Google for a little bit. And recently I drew my cover. And I did get a small spike in views for a couple of weeks.

But honestly, my guy don't even worry about if you think your drawing is mediocre.

Just the fact you even bothered at all instead of just being lazy and booting up an AI for it will speak volumes to how much you care about your writing.

D

Deleted member 156316

I'm gonna have to agree with you there. Even though as kids we've been taught, 'Don't judge a book by its cover.' We ABSOLUTELY do.

For me with posting on here I had a temporary meme pic I found on Google for a little bit. And recently I drew my cover. And I did get a small spike in views for a couple of weeks.

But honestly, my guy don't even worry about if you think your drawing is mediocre.

Just the fact you even bothered at all instead of just being lazy and booting up an AI for it will speak volumes to how much you care about your writing.
True.

I'm also not confident in my writing as it's just recently since I've been writing seriously. I'm also not confident in my grammar as English is not my first language despite me using it mostly. 😅

CSDestroyer

I 3D model my own covers, as I do not really have any drawing skill at all. Comes with its own advantages, disadvantages...

An appealing or uniquely-designed anime character is a big one, or so I've noticed, if you're going for an anime character design for a cover.

Sylver

True.

I'm also not confident in my writing as it's just recently since I've been writing seriously. I'm also not confident in my grammar as English is not my first language despite me using it mostly. 😅
English is not my first language either, but it gets easier the more you practice writing! :)

FebyA

Yes. Just observe yourself when you are browsing the internet.

Take YouTube for example. Are you more likely to click on videos with good thumbnails? Or less likely?

Rreaders are human too like you. There are exceptions, but in general, yes. Attractive cover attracts more readers.