Drop your links and view counts.

Kldran

Wow. I'm impressed with how fast you've gotten those numbers up. Partly due to how fast you write. I probably just write slow. My Tentacle Girl story is only about 1/3rd more pages in length despite my starting it several months earlier. Makes me wonder just how big your story will get as time passes and more people see it. (Tentacle Girl is up to 198k views and is my biggest story so far)

Wow! congrats!
Well, my story The Tyrant Duchess has only less than 2.8k views. Well, I just released my novel on Scribble less than 2 weeks.
And, in my opinion, My writing style is kind of different from most of the majestic writer on scribble:LOL:

AbigailWP

Producer-Rapper-Writer-Cultivator-Fellow Human
Wow! congrats!
Well, my story The Tyrant Duchess has only less than 2.8k views. Well, I just released my novel on Scribble less than 2 weeks.
And, in my opinion, My writing style is kind of different from most of the majestic writer on scribble:LOL:
i can guarantee you i got you beat on that front... 2nd person and colour coding ftw

Kldran

My writing style is kind of different from most of the majestic writer on scribble
My writing does not deserve to be called majestic at all. It's about as lacking in detail as one can get and still have a story. Mostly, I feel like I got lucky and found a story subject people find interesting. My nonsense pile has a bunch of story prologues in it, and one of the more popular ones I ended up turning into a full story that is now my most popular one.

Mwpensword

Wow. I'm impressed with how fast you've gotten those numbers up. Partly due to how fast you write. I probably just write slow. My Tentacle Girl story is only about 1/3rd more pages in length despite my starting it several months earlier. Makes me wonder just how big your story will get as time passes and more people see it. (Tentacle Girl is up to 198k views and is my biggest story so far)
198k views is nothing to sneeze at. How long did that take you?

Mwpensword

Wow! congrats!
My second story only has 4k views so dont feel too bad. It is only on chapter 12 currently. I noticed that as things get longer the snowball effect starts happening.

Mwpensword

My writing does not deserve to be called majestic at all. It's about as lacking in detail as one can get and still have a story. Mostly, I feel like I got lucky and found a story subject people find interesting. My nonsense pile has a bunch of story prologues in it, and one of the more popular ones I ended up turning into a full story that is now my most popular one.
I have been considering a set of shorts or one chapters on my website but I kind of like the idea of your nonsense pile. One could, theoretically, write a basic synopsis or a prologue to anything and everything and anyone who thought one was good could comment on it. This could be a great way to determine reader interest before writing a lot. Only downside is that this use of it would require an already existent reader base. Presently I just have a private "test page" on my website where I keep such concept ideas.

ForestDweller

My very first long original novel(s), Reincarnation of a Worthless Man, is currently at 183k views with 323k words. Been writing it from the middle of March. Currently on a one week break as I just finished writing an arc. I usually take breaks every arc to set up and outline the next.

How nice. Far less word count with more views. :cry:

Honestly, I think my novel has pretty much hit its limit for regular readers here. Average views haven't been rising since a month or so. And I already got far more views over at Webnovel.

Commenters are far better here though. I got a number of regulars that would often write long to even really long comments on what they think about the story and plot ideas. (y)

Draculus-del-Viafat

356 views, 1 fav., 7 chapters, 6 readers in 19 days (Masquerade of Souls ⬇ ). And even if sometimes I want to get sad and start thinking it's a bad progress, I remind myself:
09d.jpg

Mwpensword

My very first long original novel(s), Reincarnation of a Worthless Man, is currently at 183k views with 323k words. Been writing it from the middle of March. Currently on a one week break as I just finished writing an arc. I usually take breaks every arc to set up and outline the next.

How nice. Far less word count with more views. :cry:

Honestly, I think my novel has pretty much hit its limit for regular readers here. Average views haven't been rising since a month or so. And I already got far more views over at Webnovel.

Commenters are far better here though. I got a number of regulars that would often write long to even really long comments on what they think about the story and plot ideas. (y)
How is the monetization over at webnovel for those that don't sign a contract? Does having it up there net you more patrons?

ForestDweller

How is the monetization over at webnovel for those that don't sign a contract? Does having it up there net you more patrons?

I don't write for money, so I don't have Patreon or Ko-Fi and the like. It's just a hobby.

I was offered a contract, but I never really accepted it.

Draculus-del-Viafat

Many people have been offered those contracts lately, mostly the ones from Wattpad, me too. But the chances of getting duped are too high, as to me.

Kldran

198k views is nothing to sneeze at. How long did that take you?
I started writing Tentacle Girl back in February. I had a few previous stories written before that. I am honestly surprised at how well this story has done. It is such a weird story, and I've pretty much ignored everything I was taught in writing classes growing up. I focused on making the story as easy to write as possible, because I knew if I didn't, there was a high risk I'd not be able to keep writing it. I've abandoned far more stories than I've completed (most of which are sitting in my nonsense pile).

How nice. Far less word count with more views.
I do feel like word count has less impact on views than how long a story has been running with consistent updates. Also: I get the impression this site has an unusually high fondness for weird stories compared to other sites.... was looking for an example of what I mean, and what I found reinforces the weirdness preference, but not the consistent updates requirement. Rebirth as a Xenomorph in the Apocalypse has 240k views, and it went on hiatus months ago, after one month of super fast updates.

... I feel like my original intent with this post just got derailed by that discovery of how well the Rebirth as a Xenomorph story is doing. Wow.

Pyris_Silver

I just re-uploaded my story, Avenger Of Destruction on a new account yesterday, and I have 168 views right now. I can't really say if I'm doing good or bad cause I just re-uploaded, but it's cool to hear about everyone's experience.