Dropped Tag

BlueJeanius

You know how we have a [Completed] Tag? Where it stands out from the rest due to the blue box around it. I feel like we should also have a dropped tag. Cause when I'm searching through ongoing, I wanna see novels that are actually getting updated. Not "last updated 3 years ago" with no info seeming anywhere from the author. As if they've dropped off the face of the earth. It may not see a ton of use as authors that just randomly go radio silent prob won't use it. But it would still be helpful. That is all, thanks

Reactions: AYM

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
First , we need to make authors use this function:

IMG_7360.jpeg

But probably 80% of them just leave. Even if this tag becomes searchable, the whole thing is futile because you simply can't decide whether an author of their novel has dropped it or not, even if it hasn't been updated in a year.

Edit:

I mean, setting it up as an algo going around, marking stories that were not updated for a month, or six months, etc, would still result in multiple complaints and whatnot, saying they didn't drop it, for sure. Nobody wants to deal with it when people can just look at the last updated date to know if the novel is still going or not.

Don't get me wrong, I agree, but it is just not that simple.

Last edited:

AYM

Average cilantro enjoyer

Keene

Squat Enjoyer and Programmer
Perhaps the problem of Authors that vanish not using these tags correctly can be solved with a little bit of automation?

If a novel does not publish any new content for a month and it is not marked as completed, it is automatically moved into Hiatus.
If it does not publish any content for 6 months, it's moved to discontinued.

You'll probably catch 98% of the use cases with these two rules.

Reactions: AYM

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Perhaps the problem of Authors that vanish not using these tags correctly can be solved with a little bit of automation?

If a novel does not publish any new content for a month and it is not marked as completed, it is automatically moved into Hiatus.

You'll probably catch 98% of the use cases with these two rules.
As I said:

I mean, setting it up as an algo going around, marking stories that were not updated for a month, or six months, etc, would still result in multiple complaints and whatnot, saying they didn't drop it, for sure. Nobody wants to deal with it when people can just look at the last updated date to know if the novel is still going or not.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶

It already does move your story into Hiatus after a while, just for the record.

However, I'd heavily argue against automating the discontinued tag. Sometimes life is shit.
It should only say dropped if the author sets it that way. Otherwise you'd look at a 'Dropped' story and have to guess if it's really dropped or if the author had to take a year off to deal with stuff.