Dungeons and Dragons

SomethingStuffHappend

Just say it
Hey I want to play this game so bad but I have no friends and I don’t want to be the gm Also why hasn’t anyone put this up on here? Does anyone know how to play this? And are you willing to start it? And can I join in? :blob_teary:

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
I've wanted to play for a long time too, lol. Problem is, I got no friends, got no idea how to play, and can't be bothered to play with randoms.

So I just watch streamed series like NPC D&D, Critical Role, and Dimension 20.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
I'd say try finding someone who owns or is willing to use online pirated pdfs of official campaigns to DM with. Another issue is finding a program to use as a digital tabletop that you'd all be willing to use. I've been playing D&D with a group of friends on and off for a while now(hard to get together consistently in person rip) and due to people soon to move away, we're going to have to explore digital D&D soon, as much as all of us are loathe to make the change haha. If you're serious about starting up a D&D group from people on the forum, I'd be down to join. Although I've played the game for a decent bit, I'm definitely still considered a noob, but I could at least help with the basics.

If you're gonna invite me, just add me on discord (user in my signature, same as my SHF username anyways) and make a group chat.

SomethingStuffHappend

Just say it
I'd say try finding someone who owns or is willing to use online pirated pdfs of official campaigns to DM with. Another issue is finding a program to use as a digital tabletop that you'd all be willing to use. I've been playing D&D with a group of friends on and off for a while now(hard to get together consistently in person rip) and due to people soon to move away, we're going to have to explore digital D&D soon, as much as all of us are loathe to make the change haha. If you're serious about starting up a D&D group from people on the forum, I'd be down to join. Although I've played the game for a decent bit, I'm definitely still considered a noob, but I could at least help with the basics.
Ah I was thinking we could just do it on here

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
Hey I want to play this game so bad but I have no friends and I don’t want to be the gm Also why hasn’t anyone put this up on here? Does anyone know how to play this? And are you willing to start it? And can I join in? :blob_teary:
i know

SomethingStuffHappend

Just say it
I'd recommend checking out the Adventurer's Guild posts.

You can get a clear picture of how things would work out on the forums.
I already have a idea in mind.
since this is party of loners we act it out on here the forums. The best storyteller that is neutral will be gm/dm. We have 4 unfortunate smucks that are escaping a dungeon they don’t know each other but due to a common cause are working together to escape the dungeon.
They tell each other’s classes at the start nothing op idk much about this part here.
Then they go out and do d&d stuff anyone can appear (The locals of ScribbleHub)
Can comment and appear as a random event.

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
look i can be shamelles here and say i started reading sword world to play so if anyone want to try i can gm an adventure, but bewere im not a good gm xD, and im brazilian so my english sucklol

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I only DM 3.0/3.5 d20.
There is no 4th. There is no 5th. There is no D&D Next. There is no Pathfinder.

3.5 is not dead.
3.5 IS LIFE.

Noob Handbook - You Read It. Duh
Encyclopedia Vinculum Draconis/D20 pdfs - About 1.5 gigs of pdfs and 112 Handbooks written by yours truly on everything you'd want to know about how to play 3.5 d20

Sample Characters (3rd level):
Ox - Two Handed Weapon Fighter
Zigg'le'grr - Thief
Marcus - CoDzilla
Archibald Copperpot - Blaster
Jazmine Riverford - All Rounder

However, I always DM. I've done it for over two decades. I maybe have actually played the game a half dozen times as a player, and none of the campaigns have ever stuck. So, honestly, while I am under no illusions that if I participate, I will most likely wind up having to DM, for once I would like to actually PLAY the game. If so, here is my 5th-level starting character that I would like to play.

Incinerator Pyrus Phlogiston aka "Father Flow" (5th level)

Yes, he is an ungodly abomination of rules abuse, but I think he is an abuse of the rules in a SUPPORTING character, not someone designed to absolutely dominate combat. Yes, the way he is designed he can spontaneously cast any spell, either clerical or wizard, that happens to have an elemental descriptor if he's high enough level to cast it. He does have a full round casting time for any non-fire elemental spell, so that slows him down significantly. You will find most of those are of utilitarian use and that if the rest of the party are noobs, it is always a good idea to have that one character who can hold the rest of the party together.

Besides, everyone has fire resistance. It's the most common form of energy resistance.

DM me if this actually turns into a serious group and not just a lot of talk. Thurs or fri is best for me, if you wanna discord this. Technically I could do Weds, but my wife would have to join. She might want to join anyways. And just to warn you, she is the biggest min-maxing power gamer on the planet.

She made Monks terrifying.

Actually, read the Noob Handbook (In the section: The Tier System). I go into detail about her in there.

SomethingStuffHappend

Just say it
look i can be shamelles here and say i started reading sword world to play so if anyone want to try i can gm an adventure, but bewere im not a good gm xD, and im brazilian so my english sucklol
Probably not best for you to be the gm but we have one and I am one and whoever wants to be a player so 2 more.