Evolution of a Human in a Monster World(Or something)

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Just randomly had this idea. You usually see stories where the protagonist is isekai'd to another world as a monster or a non-human race(usually demon, or they become a demon early in the story) and they evolve into higher forms of whatever they started as. But what about being isekai'd and staying as a human in a world where humans are extinct, never existed, or very rare for some reason or another, and the world population is all monster societies and generic fantasy races like elves, beastkin, etc. ? Maybe the evolution can be from Low Human to High Human and then maybe stuff like Divine Human and such like that.
Maybe the MC could take advantage of the generic fantasy "Human Adaptation" and as they evolve they gain traits and such based on what actions they've taken, what abilities and skills they've focused on, and maybe if they've used any worldly treasures and such, but they still maintain a human appearance and are mainly human but enhance their "humanity" through the powerful genes of other creatures and such. An example would be during an evolution they ingest a fruit or use an ancient relic with ties to the Void, and they gain a Void Bloodline, but they are still a human just now with the ability to do stuff relating to the void. They'd essentially use their Adaptation to turn themself into an ultimate lifeform, essentially, by gathering the most powerful traits into a base human form and evolving to divinity(or they can go another route of chaos and eldritch).
Well that's just a pretty barebones brainstorm idea, and I'm also not exactly sure if this is the right topic, but here you guys go! I know there are definitely stories with somewhat similar plots, I sincerely doubt none exist, but I haven't really seen any, so still. I'm never gonna do anything with this idea, so it'll probably be in better hands if I just give it to you guys to do what you will with it.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
I vaguely recall something like this happening to side characters in books I've read. There was one manga I saw that had the protagonist as the only 'human' in a world where humans get superpowers. SO basically Japanese Superman. Ah, I remember one story that I hated where this happened. After 100 levels, evolve into the next stage of Human. And Kumo Desu is built to support it, but humans are so ridiculously bad at leveling that they never reach max level even up to current release.

I don't really want to say too much, but my story does have an Evolution function that will be used by our dear human characters. But it's not the Monster Lit type of evolution, sadly. I think. I guess it's a grey area?

Echimera

I've seen stories where humans can evolve into something like high humans, but it's modtly a stat boost and prolonged lifespan, not much in terms of visual distinction like most monsters get.
I don't think I've seen stories where this is the case with the MC.

I do remember one manga that's basically SAO turns full Isekai after the final boss of the game is defeated, but the MC starts out as a High human there, and I don't think it had an evolution mechanic.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
I've seen stories where humans can evolve into something like high humans, but it's modtly a stat boost and prolonged lifespan, not much in terms of visual distinction like most monsters get.
I don't think I've seen stories where this is the case with the MC.

I do remember one manga that's basically SAO turns full Isekai after the final boss of the game is defeated, but the MC starts out as a High human there, and I don't think it had an evolution mechanic.
New Gate i think. I enjoyed it when I read it, haven't in a while since mangas take ages to upload.

lambchap

Reminds me of Terror Infinity. The characters get upgrades whenever they successfully survive a movie.

CheertheDead

The narcissist and Attention Whore :>
Just randomly had this idea. You usually see stories where the protagonist is isekai'd to another world as a monster or a non-human race(usually demon, or they become a demon early in the story) and they evolve into higher forms of whatever they started as. But what about being isekai'd and staying as a human in a world where humans are extinct, never existed, or very rare for some reason or another, and the world population is all monster societies and generic fantasy races like elves, beastkin, etc. ? Maybe the evolution can be from Low Human to High Human and then maybe stuff like Divine Human and such like that.
Maybe the MC could take advantage of the generic fantasy "Human Adaptation" and as they evolve they gain traits and such based on what actions they've taken, what abilities and skills they've focused on, and maybe if they've used any worldly treasures and such, but they still maintain a human appearance and are mainly human but enhance their "humanity" through the powerful genes of other creatures and such. An example would be during an evolution they ingest a fruit or use an ancient relic with ties to the Void, and they gain a Void Bloodline, but they are still a human just now with the ability to do stuff relating to the void. They'd essentially use their Adaptation to turn themself into an ultimate lifeform, essentially, by gathering the most powerful traits into a base human form and evolving to divinity(or they can go another route of chaos and eldritch).
Well that's just a pretty barebones brainstorm idea, and I'm also not exactly sure if this is the right topic, but here you guys go! I know there are definitely stories with somewhat similar plots, I sincerely doubt none exist, but I haven't really seen any, so still. I'm never gonna do anything with this idea, so it'll probably be in better hands if I just give it to you guys to do what you will with it.
I am actually bored with the usual humans so this is a good idea.

I have been thinking about a hive-like human society. There would be worker/soldier-caste and royal-caste. The worker or soldier caste handle most works. The royal caste deals with retaining and diversifying the human gene pool of the hive. Soldier that has good genes due to their performance will be gifted with the royal fluid by the royal caste and promoted to royal attendant. Royal attendant is a promotion or in monster term “metamorphosis” / “evolve”. A royal attendant has much more mature body as they are marked as candidates with good genes to mate with the royal caste. They would be visibly larger (20%) and can release a special pheromone to control lower caste members.

Human that lives long could evolve to high human with a slightly different anatomy. They are extremely tall (2.5-3m) but have small head for their height with body proportions look like they are stretched out. High human therefore are more agile than normal human.

I also intend to make a parallel evolution of high human which is more magic/telekinesis focus but are still stuck with it.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
I am actually bored with the usual humans so this is a good idea.

I have been thinking about a hive-like human society. There would be worker/soldier-caste and royal-caste. The worker or soldier caste handle most works. The royal caste deals with retaining and diversifying the human gene pool of the hive. Soldier that has good genes due to their performance will be gifted with the royal fluid by the royal caste and promoted to royal attendant. Royal attendant is a promotion or in monster term “metamorphosis” / “evolve”. A royal attendant has much more mature body as they are marked as candidates with good genes to mate with the royal caste. They would be visibly larger (20%) and can release a special pheromone to control lower caste members.

Human that lives long could evolve to high human with a slightly different anatomy. They are extremely tall (2.5-3m) but have small head for their height with body proportions look like they are stretched out. High human therefore are more agile than normal human.

I also intend to make a parallel evolution of high human which is more magic/telekinesis focus but are still stuck with it.
If instead of High you make them elemental, then your agile humans could be Wind Huma, and your mages could be Mind Huma. High Huma might just a general upgrade instead, or even a third tier evolution.

The caste system seems a little weird, since it would be more practical just to make another race like Antkin or something. If you're insistent on humans, normally it would be because they were infected with a mind control parasite or something.