Fallen Angel Opposite

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
It's a thought I just have, but what would be called a demon who go to the heaven side?

For angel we all know the fallen angel term, but is there an equivalent for the opposite?

Or does there never be an author who write it that way and just portrayed the angel as fucking asshole every time that they can't stop their grudge against the demon race and accept some of them so they just eradicate the one who wanted to come on their side?

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
I've considered the concept of Risen Demons, but it's pretty rare.

The only relatively common example is Redeemed Succubi. It seems like every fourth Paladin has one.

Regarding how other Celestials perceive them, I've never seen it mentioned.

Sleds

That kind of weird that a term was created for an angel who was stained by evil/malice/etc, but not the opposite, while the pardon are ones of the base of the heaven. But maybe the demon who got "purified" just become an angel and they didn't bother trying to create a term and a description to their appearance

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
That kind of weird that a term was created for an angel who was stained by evil/malice/etc, but not the opposite, while the pardon are ones of the base of the heaven. But maybe the demon who got "purified" just become an angel and they didn't bother trying to create a term and a description to their appearance
Angels are supposed to be practically omniscient or something. For them to fall is a deliberate choice.

Like, if you could see the future, and your future self was like, "I regret doing that, can you forgive me?" Why would you make the choice in the first place?

Sleds

Angels are supposed to be practically omniscient or something. For them to fall is a deliberate choice.

Like, if you could see the future, and your future self was like, "I regret doing that, can you forgive me?" Why would you make the choice in the first place?
That doesn't explain why there no term for the opposite, demon are not omniscient, and they still can choose to change side and be on heaven side.

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
That doesn't explain why there no term for the opposite, demon are not omniscient, and they still can choose to change side and be on heaven side.
Sorry, I was working under the mythological (where a demon is a fallen angel) rather than fantasy definitions here.

In Fantasy, you can do whatever you want. It's your story. I was just explaining why there's no widespread term for it.

Sleds

Sorry, I was working under the mythological (where a demon is a fallen angel) rather than fantasy definitions here.

In Fantasy, you can do whatever you want. It's your story. I was just explaining why there's no widespread term for it.
But in mythology, demon aren't fallen angel. That why no one said that lucifer is a demon, it's an angel

KrakenRiderEmma

The whole idea of fallen angels is originally from the 1667 angel/demon/eden epic, Paradise Lost, by John Milton. And if you read the original it’s pretty clear why it’s not symmetrical. My main series messes around with this territory but I can’t say much without spoiling future chapters and plot.

Sleds

The whole idea of fallen angels is originally from the 1667 angel/demon/eden epic, Paradise Lost, by John Milton. And if you read the original it’s pretty clear why it’s not symmetrical. My main series messes around with this territory but I can’t say much without spoiling future chapters and plot.
The first reference of fallen angel was a reference of Lucifer in the Hebrew Bible back in the 8th century.

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
The first reference of fallen angel was a reference of Lucifer in the Hebrew Bible back in the 8th century.

just call it Reclaimed Angel, Redeemed Angel, Risen Demon, Reverse Demon, Heavenly Demon,,,

Sleds

just call it Reclaimed Angel, Redeemed Angel, Risen Demon, Reverse Demon, Heavenly Demon,,,
I don't really want to write it. It was just a thought, and there tons of myths and legends I don't know or are specific to some region in the world, so I thought that maybe in some old text there was a demon who risen. So maybe Risen Demon are the "term"

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
If we go the Christian route and assume all demons were angels at one point, then he'd just be called an angel again. If demons are created separately but have the same essence as angels, only corrupted, then it would be a Redeemed Demon. So far as I know no Abrahamic religion, the ones i know, have such a concept though

Sleds

If we go the Christian route and assume all demons were angels at one point, then he'd just be called an angel again. If demons are created separately but have the same essence as angels, only corrupted, then it would be a Redeemed Demon. So far as I know no Abrahamic religion, the ones i know, have such a concept though
Didn't know all the christian story, and there different form of this religion inside this one, but I thought that in some of them, demon were made by the fallen angel and not the fallen angel themself. But it may be some interpretation of it and not sacred text

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Didn't know all the christian story, and there different form of this religion inside this one, but I thought that in some of them, demon were made by the fallen angel and not the fallen angel themself. But it may be some interpretation of it and not sacred text
So far as I know, there's never a passage in the Bible that states Lucifer, who became the devil, ever created demons. It is said in Revelation 12:7-9 that Lucifer, who is being referred to as the dragon in the verses, and "his angels," were thrown out of Heaven by the archangel Michael. In verses 3 and 4 of the same chapter state that Lucifer swept away a third of the stars in the sky and knocked them to earth. It is generally accepted that these verses mean that the angels/stars became the demons. It is never stated elsewhere that lucifer created demons from scratch, or I, at least, cannot find such a verse

Sleds

So far as I know, there's never a passage in the Bible that states Lucifer, who became the devil, ever created demons. It is said in Revelation 12:7-9 that Lucifer, who is being referred to as the dragon in the verses, and "his angels," were thrown out of Heaven by the archangel Michael. In verses 3 and 4 of the same chapter state that Lucifer swept away a third of the stars in the sky and knocked them to earth. It is generally accepted that these verses mean that the angels/stars became the demons. It is never stated elsewhere that lucifer created demons from scratch, or I, at least, cannot find such a verse
In the jewish folklore, Lilith, the first wife of Adam, became later the mother of demons, and apparently, the Christian demonology adopted and incorparated her figure

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
in fantasy, do whatever. Personally, I'd call them risen or ascended. But I generally write them as two completely different species. That's like asking what you'd call a dog-like cat, versus a cat-like dog.

that said, I've seen it commonly said that demons are human souls turned full evil and twisted by supernatural magic. Angels, on the other hand, are warriors of God. Along these lines, a fallen angel needn't fall due to being evil. They merely need to be against god, as Lucifer did. Lucifer wasn't evil for being evil. He was evil for being against God, the Good-est of all entities (forgive the poor english. it is intentional), at least according to how I understand it after having read the bible.

Which is why I tend to change it for my own fictional purposes - the idea of inherent good or evil doesn't sit well with me. A binary Good/Evil, Black/White system is too... Unbalanced. by those terms a murderer is just as bad as a guy that said "goddamn" (use of god's name in vain).

Sleds

that said, I've seen it commonly said that demons are human souls turned full evil and twisted by supernatural magic. Angels, on the other hand, are warriors of God. Along these lines, a fallen angel needn't fall due to being evil. They merely need to be against god, as Lucifer did. Lucifer wasn't evil for being evil. He was evil for being against God, the Good-est of all entities (forgive the poor english. it is intentional), at least according to how I understand it after having read the bible.
I've seen that too, but that why I thought about it, like is there no text that talked about saving/forgiving demon to have them "ascend/rise"