Favorite quotes from your own works

konza

Hello!

I was just reviewing some of my past work and in the midst of it, I wondered: "Are there any actually good quotes that I came up with?"

The answer was a resounding no.

There were some good quotes, but basically all of them were inspired partially or fully by other quotes. I guess I'm not good enough just yet.

And so, I wanted to ask all of you: Do you have any such quotes that you'd like to share from your own stories? If the answer is yes, post them below!

I will rate them (and so can anyone else, mind you) on the edginess and on the wittiness scale from 1 to 10!

Last edited:

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
I have the quotes in brackets. The rest is context.
["I really am an imposter. I even have the tongue and the teeth."]

“Why, I even have Tormented burns over my body from skin-on-skin contact with The King. [Hear that? We got kinky up in here. Teehee,]” I bop my cute little head to the side, my large, adorable eyes glimmering with amusement.

So, what do I do?

[I roll onto my back and viciously laugh at his face, pointing at his ugly mug.

Oh.

So.

Mockingly.]

konza

I have the quotes in brackets. The rest is context.
["I really am an imposter. I even have the tongue and the teeth."]

“Why, I even have Tormented burns over my body from skin-on-skin contact with The King. [Hear that? We got kinky up in here. Teehee,]” I bop my cute little head to the side, my large, adorable eyes glimmering with amusement.

So, what do I do?

[I roll onto my back and viciously laugh at his face, pointing at his ugly mug.

Oh.

So.

Mockingly.]
Gotta ask, what genre is this? Seems interesting!

Giving you 10/10 for the wittiness, because amogus. On the edginess scale, that last one takes the cake, 9/10.
"scooped me up and is now holding me like a baby. Or a sack of flour. Sack of baby."
sack of baby sticks in my mind like gum to my shoe
This one I like a lot, 10/10 for the wittiness, and 5/10 for the edginess, cause I just find it funny :P

TheMonotonePuppet

Gotta ask, what genre is this? Seems interesting!

Giving you 10/10 for the wittines, because amogus. On the edginess scale, that last one takes the cake, 9/10.
One of my 5-star reviews, that I shall cherish forever, said it was like I shoved a whole bunch of genres that don't seem like they would go together with a gallon of LSD!
It is psychological; urban, high, and low fantasy; horror; LitRPG; adventure; dystopia; action; and supernatural!
And thank you! I really appreciate it!
And YESSS! I AM EDGELORD! FEAR ME! Ahahahah...

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
I have some lines I haven't gotten to writing yet that stand out for me, but not sure if anything I've done already hits me that hard. Suppose future lines is kinda cheating. But, why not? Basically the ending of the speech of a returning, now godlike, isekai protagonist who kicks of a System Apocalypse on Earth. Addressed to the entire world.

"And so, the Main Quest of this story is simple: Prove to me that the so called Light of Humanity burns bright enough to destroy its darkness, then go out there and bring peace and hope to the universe, multiverse even, if you'd like to give yourselves a truly never-ending task. Or, prove me right, that you are not worth the stardust in your veins, and I will erase every sign that you ever existed at all. You have one hundred years to tip the scales one way or the other, before I pass judgement. Oh, and remember, if I am a Monster. I am one of your own making~ Tatty bye!"

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
These are some of the best things I had comprehended. :3

“Sons. I didn’t bring you along, because I have my reason. It is the selfishness of a parent to not want his children in harm way. More than a duty, it was my personal desire. I know it was a lot to ask from you, but never risk yourself for me again.”

“But-“

“I know it’s not fair. I know you don’t want to see me in harm, but please promise me. It’s my privilege as a parent. You will have your turn when you have your own children. That’s how thing is supposed to be. Promise me.” His hand tightened on their shoulder.

“Senior. Your parents give you your flesh and blood. That doesn’t mean they would be glad to see you spill those for them. I am sure you will just cause them grievances. They, who are closer to yellow springs (underworld) than you, would rather die for you than the other way around. You are to repay them by raising your own children to be good people and good parents.”

“Your ancestors have provided you with the opportunity to improve your talent. You should repay them by passing it to the next generation, allowing them to also develop themselves. Water from the mountains streams down to the river then takes on a journey to the sea. Rain clouds from the sea would bring water back to the mountains. The fruits of previous generations are to be passed down like water down the waterfall. Just like water, they don’t go back up.”

TheMonotonePuppet

These are some of the best things I had comprehended. :3

“Sons. I didn’t bring you along, because I have my reason. It is the selfishness of a parent to not want his children in harm way. More than a duty, it was my personal desire. I know it was a lot to ask from you, but never risk yourself for me again.”

“But-“

“I know it’s not fair. I know you don’t want to see me in harm, but please promise me. It’s my privilege as a parent. You will have your turn when you have your own children. That’s how thing is supposed to be. Promise me.” His hand tightened on their shoulder.

“Senior. Your parents give you your flesh and blood. That doesn’t mean they would be glad to see you spill those for them. I am sure you will just cause them grievances. They, who are closer to yellow springs (underworld) than you, would rather die for you than the other way around. You are to repay them by raising your own children to be good people and good parents.”

“Your ancestors have provided you with the opportunity to improve your talent. You should repay them by passing it to the next generation, allowing them to also develop themselves. Water from the mountains streams down to the river then takes on a journey to the sea. Rain clouds from the sea would bring water back to the mountains. The fruits of previous generations are to be passed down like water down the waterfall. Just like water, they don’t go back up.”

Using your favorite quotes, I predict that...
You are... perhaps... a senior citizen; getting on in years; aged; got a foot in the grave; yell to get people off your lawn...
In short...
You are old.

Kamelingil

Multiversal Author
The best quotes I've ever written on my first novel, my novel is not a smut by the way

He woke up again, thinking it was all a dream but he is seeing a very gorgeous lady with huge tits holding him.

His mother Yi Meng.

In his thoughts
"Ok, forget that all of this is a nightmare."

"I'm in heaven right now!!!"

He is thinking of doing something naughty and touched her breasts, she noticed him touching her.

"Oh, you must be hungry darling, you want milk from mommy?"

He nods his head aggressively, he never thought he would feel the heavens after 294 years.

Lu Wang finally experience breastfeeding for the first time.

In his thoughts
"I can't think anymore~"
"I'm very thankful I reincarnated!"

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
"I'm arrogant? Don't make me laugh. You are the ones who judge me by my cultivation rank. If you were at the same rank as me, I could wash the floor with most of you present here."

"Take care of her, or I'll break both your legs for the next millennia."

"My parents taught me that respect is earned. You didn't react when my brother was beaten by this guy, but when I beat him, you immediately came to stop me. Since you are so shameless, why should I bother to respect you?"

TheMonotonePuppet

The best quotes I've ever written on my first novel, my novel is not a smut by the way

He woke up again, thinking it was all a dream but he is seeing a very gorgeous lady with huge tits holding him.

His mother Yi Meng.

In his thoughts
"Ok, forget that all of this is a nightmare."

"I'm in heaven right now!!!"

He is thinking of doing something naughty and touched her breasts, she noticed him touching her.

"Oh, you must be hungry darling, you want milk from mommy?"

He nods his head aggressively, he never thought he would feel the heavens after 294 years.

Lu Wang finally experience breastfeeding for the first time.

In his thoughts
"I can't think anymore~"
"I'm very thankful I reincarnated!"
Not smut... sure...

KersenBloemNL

“Memories are supposed to be just that, yet, why do they affect the current time so much?” And
“Let’s be real, you’re dead inside, anyways.”

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
"...I just realized how stupid I’ve been! My Own subordinate was playing 4d chess, and I was playing pong." -From my first webnovel.

“Kowalski, analysis!”
“Master, I am afraid I don’t know who…” Before she could finish I cut her off by yanking the letter out of her hand. It was a bad joke anyway. It would have worked better had my character been a penguin.
-Also from my first webnovel.

These aren't really my favorite quotes, but it reminds me how bad my writing was.

TotallyHuman

Who’s Ralph? What are skills? Or who are Ralph and what is skills?

Maybe it’s a person. My Skills. I must be not very close to them. Him, her, it. Since I’m calling them by their last name. Or maybe My-san is Japanese. Then we must be pals.

No, I must be slightly insane. Maybe it was some mistake of my concerning My-san? Mr/Ms My? Our Lord and savior My Skills.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
"Keep your head up high. There are stars in this world." - Sinder to Anna in reference to the lack of stars in their old world + hope.

"However random or arbitrary each motion of our actors are, they are all accounted for in this grand theatrical." - String Theory description.

“She’s not crying because you betrayed her! She’s crying because of what you’ve become! Even I can’t bring myself to hate my own mother after what she’s done to me! Don’t you get it!? People… are redeemable! Take one good look at us! At me! I might not be the best wolf to live, but dammit let me try!” - Ber to the Crowned.

"Someone’s heaven must never be the source of another’s torment." - Beholder Carpalis.

Kalliel

Grind, Future, A Beautiful Star
I activate my portals, one receiving his fist, the other one aiming the output towards his crotch. Usually you wouldn't do this, because if you're inexperienced, whatever body parts that your put in could be destroyed or lost entirely due to the weird space-time phenomena that are happening constantly between the portals.

But I don't really care about his arm, nor do I give a fuck about his genital. The only cocks I would ever care about are the ones belonging to my girlfriends.

Not the deepest quote, but I like it anyway.