Feedback on my Story

ThatRandomWriter

I posted this awhile ago, but didn't receive any comments other than a single reaction. Which I am grateful for. Maybe posting this at a different time will help. I would like some feedback on my story, the first part of which is linked below. Even if you only read a single chapter I still appreciate criticism.

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
The synopsis puts me at odds right away. Especially the juxtaposition of 'decided' and 'hypnotised' Right of the bat I have two hypotheses:

1. author is unsure of the meaning of the words which brings into question the quality of the story itself.
2. the MC is extremely weak-willed to decide on his own will to work for them after enslaving and hypnosis parts.

After skimming chapter 1 the biggest issue I have at a glance is the fact that the story is rather passive. The sudden shift to the 2nd person in the 2nd chapter doesn't help that either. I do not feel attached to MC, at most it reads like an exercise chart.

ThatRandomWriter

The synopsis puts me at odds right away. Especially the juxtaposition of 'decided' and 'hypnotised' Right of the bat I have two hypotheses:

1. author is unsure of the meaning of the words which brings into question the quality of the story itself.
2. the MC is extremely weak-willed to decide on his own will to work for them after enslaving and hypnosis parts.

After skimming chapter 1 the biggest issue I have at a glance is the fact that the story is rather passive. The sudden shift to the 2nd person in the 2nd chapter doesn't help that either. I do not feel attached to MC, at most it reads like an exercise chart.
Thank you for your comments, I like to believe that I've improved as time has gone on. I recognize the mistakes you've pointed out. The choices I made as the story started changed as time went on.

I would like to say I know the meaning of the words, as I do. With how I wrote him at the start though, yes, Ultima is rather weak-willed to decide to work on his own for The ARK, I believed that the fact he did this would clash with the biggest source of my inspiration. The Legendary Mechanic, he doesn't know this world, and he doesn't figure out a way because of that to escape. I even reference it I belive in the class creation chapter.

Thank you again :)

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
I posted this awhile ago, but didn't receive any comments other than a single reaction. Which I am grateful for. Maybe posting this at a different time will help. I would like some feedback on my story, the first part of which is linked below. Even if you only read a single chapter I still appreciate criticism.

Hey! So I read the first chapter and the synopsis as well.
Regarding the synopsis I think it is alright, it makes one wonder what the hell is going on inside the story but I still feel like you could add a little bit more spice to it. I can't say what I would add since I only read one chapter but maybe this will allow your creativity to flow!

Now, into the chapter itself.

Ah, my first mission, one that basically went 'Well howdy there buckaroo! Looks like you're in a real gosh darn pickle! Well lemme just tell ya how deep you are in the water! Oh yeah and be happy about your current predicament gosh darn it!' yes that really helps you stupid glass window!
Personally, I don't like this type of monologue unless it is comedy-related. Think about it: if the MC is in extreme pain (head hurting, throat with blood, and so on) he wouldn't start by making jokes regarding his situation. It is highly likely that the first thing he thinks is something more in the lines of "What the fuck is going on?" or "Where the am I?" instead of just understanding he had "isekaied" straight away. Usually, when a character goes into a different world, there is a period of "adaptation" and I feel like you didn't portrait it at all.
It is almost like he already accepted it as if he already knew it was going to happen you know?

Status Gained: Hypnotized (Strong)

Unable to refuse orders of The Ark Organization, in the event of you being given a suicide order, there is a chance you may snap out of this status. You also harbor no ill will towards The Ark, or at least shouldn't. The system would like you to thank it for letting you keep your restricted will. The only way this status would ever be lifted is if someone cast a 'stabilize' spell on you (not possible on this planet), or if you underwent counter hypnosis.
I have some critics regarding the system. So first, you mention all these events but you don't tell us his status and that is usually the first thing we know. When we create a character in a videogame we know their status first instead of his missions. It is something within these lines.
Secondly, the system is connected to the world itself but it provides too much information straight away, and certain information that shouldn't be able to (quote on the "Not Possible on This Planet") since it is connected to a world in a specific. Of course, I only read one chapter so if you tell me that the system is connected to a galaxy with several worlds then that would make perfect sense but then, in that case, the system would state what planet will allow this event (since you are creating a system that provides a lot of information).

"I said, got it!?" he yelled once again, like he missed my response last time. My throat felt better, but my eyes still felt watery, dry, and my headache continued. I stared ahead "Command recognized" I said bluntly, and dryly.
These are just some things I personally don't like in stories because I feel they become harder to read. When a different character speaks you should leave a space between them, for eg, in this case, after "Continued" I would click enter so that the reader could understand it straight away instead of after (some people might get confused).

I couldn't talk, my head hurt so much it felt like someone decided to be funny and go ahead punching it for a dozen or so times. They talked about 'it' referring to me as such, it was alive, it was healing, it needed to be controlled now. It it it, I'm not an it, I wanted to scream, but I knew that attempt would end in my coughing up more blood from my dry throat.
This part was also a bit confusing, I had to reread it a couple of times to understand what you meant. I think it would be easier if you had done something like this:

"They talked about 'it', referring to me as such"
It was alive.
It was healing. (and so on)

Well, not as well as I would like, haha, not in the damn slightest
Also, how do you laugh in your mind? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Last but not least, just like the comment above mine said, I feel that there is a little bit of confusion within the MC, making it hard to understand his personality. I can't understand if he is a funny guy if he is a serious guy, introvert, extrovert... because it is all over the place. One moment he is being cold and suspicious and the other he is making jokes in his head? It doesn't add up.

This is what I thought of the chapter. I do not intent to demoralize you whatsoever, I think the concept is really good but there are some things that, in my opinion, could be improved. Of course, keep in mind I only read the first chapter so it is highly likely that your writing style changed and don't have anything I said here but yeah, I just wanted to be of some help! Hope your story will be a success and good luck! :blobtaco:

ThatRandomWriter

Hey! So I read the first chapter and the synopsis as well.
Regarding the synopsis I think it is alright, it makes one wonder what the hell is going on inside the story but I still feel like you could add a little bit more spice to it. I can't say what I would add since I only read one chapter but maybe this will allow your creativity to flow!

Now, into the chapter itself.

Personally, I don't like this type of monologue unless it is comedy-related. Think about it: if the MC is in extreme pain (head hurting, throat with blood, and so on) he wouldn't start by making jokes regarding his situation. It is highly likely that the first thing he thinks is something more in the lines of "What the fuck is going on?" or "Where the am I?" instead of just understanding he had "isekaied" straight away. Usually, when a character goes into a different world, there is a period of "adaptation" and I feel like you didn't portrait it at all.
It is almost like he already accepted it as if he already knew it was going to happen you know?

I have some critics regarding the system. So first, you mention all these events but you don't tell us his status and that is usually the first thing we know. When we create a character in a videogame we know their status first instead of his missions. It is something within these lines.
Secondly, the system is connected to the world itself but it provides too much information straight away, and certain information that shouldn't be able to (quote on the "Not Possible on This Planet") since it is connected to a world in a specific. Of course, I only read one chapter so if you tell me that the system is connected to a galaxy with several worlds then that would make perfect sense but then, in that case, the system would state what planet will allow this event (since you are creating a system that provides a lot of information).

These are just some things I personally don't like in stories because I feel they become harder to read. When a different character speaks you should leave a space between them, for eg, in this case, after "Continued" I would click enter so that the reader could understand it straight away instead of after (some people might get confused).

This part was also a bit confusing, I had to reread it a couple of times to understand what you meant. I think it would be easier if you had done something like this:

"They talked about 'it', referring to me as such"
It was alive.
It was healing. (and so on)

Also, how do you laugh in your mind? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Last but not least, just like the comment above mine said, I feel that there is a little bit of confusion within the MC, making it hard to understand his personality. I can't understand if he is a funny guy if he is a serious guy, introvert, extrovert... because it is all over the place. One moment he is being cold and suspicious and the other he is making jokes in his head? It doesn't add up.

This is what I thought of the chapter. I do not intent to demoralize you whatsoever, I think the concept is really good but there are some things that, in my opinion, could be improved. Of course, keep in mind I only read the first chapter so it is highly likely that your writing style changed and don't have anything I said here but yeah, I just wanted to be of some help! Hope your story will be a success and good luck! :blobtaco:
Thank you for the long comment and all the feedback. I cannot comment on everything, but I can assuredly say my writing style, as well as how I handle the system has changed. I would like to believe so anyway

Thank you again :)