Find the Deity, Divinity, Myth, Legend, Whatever...

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
I was misled by the title of the Cosmic Personality Quiz. I thought we're gonna talk about cosmic entities. :blob_teary:

So here I'm doing it.

The rules are simple.
Write a sentence of a few words to describe an entity, be it from a myth, legend, folklore, etc., And other people will try to find out who it is.
Each entity has to come from myth, legend, folklore, or even religion.
Don't write about a God from your story or a story you can find here that doesn't work!
Let's find out how biased our perspective is for entities or how we see some of them from our perspective and try to let the other figure out who it is.
It's up to you to choose if you want to make it hard or easy for the other.

Optional rule, when someone guess correclty your sentence, edit your message to write that it was found. If that bother you, don't mind this rule, it's optional.

Here an example:
It reborn from its ashes.

Answer: The Phoenix!

See? Easy!

Let's start.

"The First Thief." [Was Found]

Last edited:

Jemini

"The First Thief."

That one's easy, it's Prometheus. That's a literal moniker he goes by.

How about a harder one.

"A god retold as a king by a trick of history, he turned into a fish to escape the fancies of his female suitors."

(Yeah, I decided to get more wordy than necessary with it so it's not TOO hard as to be impossible.)

LilRora

Mostly formless
"The First Thief."
I'm guessing it's Prometheus, though there might be more that fit from other mythologies or religions.

What about "He who found fulfillment giving up immortality."

Last edited:

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
"A god retold as a king by a trick of history, he turned into a fish to escape the fancies of his female suitors."

(Yeah, I decided to get more wordy than necessary with it so it's not TOO hard as to be impossible.)
Searched for 10-15 minutes and the closest I could get was Apollo, although I couldn’t find a story.
Odysseus?

This is from a popular modern mythos:

A farmhouse bursts apart, unleashing a giant, invisible being. What is it?

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
Cute gurl with bow that cares about if she's the prettiest for some reason in a random story

LuoirM

Rough writing from memory, take with salt.

Back in Ancient Time, sailors used to invoke [...deity here....]:"O God, you may kill or save me all you wish, but..."

Indicterra

Five little monkeys jumping on the bed 🎶
I am one of three, You don't want see me angry. I am quite misunderstood by the people who don't know me.

I Am called the Great God whom the gods and even demons pray to

Indicterra

That one's easy, it's Prometheus. That's a literal moniker he goes by.

How about a harder one.

Poseidon or Vishnu (one of his avatar Krishna or someone else)
I'm guessing it's Prometheus, though there might be more that fit from other mythologies or religions.

Bhudha

Last edited:

Indicterra

Rough writing from memory, take with salt.

Back in Ancient Time, sailors used to invoke [...deity here....]:"O God, you may kill or save me all you wish, but..."
Poseidon

Indicterra

Cute gurl with bow that cares about if she's the prettiest for some reason in a random story
Sounds a lot like Aphrodite, especially a later part but the bow is throwing me off

LuoirM

And she'll definite care about being the prettiest, but this girl is more random, sits at the same table tho

Jemini

Searched for 10-15 minutes and the closest I could get was Apollo, although I couldn’t find a story.
Poseidon or Vishnu (one of his avatar Krishna or someone else)

Incorrect on all counts. I intentionally chose something that you are absolutely not going to find in a Google search, and might only find in some very good deep-dives into the lore of the particular region this figure comes from. (Yes, this does comply with the rules in the OP.)

EDIT: I will give a hint. The term "history" in my quote is of key importance.

Last edited: