Writing Prompt Finish The Story: Penetrating The Gate

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
You finally found civilization.

There's a gate in front of you, with guards checking everyone for their identification.

If you don't have one, you need to pay three silver coins.

You don't have one.

And no coins.

You look at your inventory and start to come up with a plan.

First, you will...

Rhaps

Jedi Fae
You would like to roll a Stealtch check

The DM nodded. Roll a Stealth check with disadvantage

*17* *nat20* (I legit rolled my d20 for this one)

The guards rolled a Perception check, *10* *16* *13* *11*

The guards are tired from working all day, they are all sleepy, waiting for the oppotunity to go back to bed. Using their tiredness to your advantage, you sneaked your way in successfully.

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
Search the woods for any coins that a traveling merchant might have dropped.

Your search was fruitless and yielded only a four- wait, nope only a three leaf clover. No luck today!

Having stupidly left the matter to luck, you wasted the daylight hours.

A short and pathetic attempt at scaling the wall leads to a scraped knee and sore arms.

Really? You’re surprised? Come on! You know you can’t double jump that high and you never bothered increasing your stamina timer!

Defeated, you return to the Beginner Village and start collecting blueberries for that one side quest.

no cheating your way through this time, alright?!!

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Howl to my comrades, "I HAVE MET THE ENEMY AND THEY ARE WEAK!"

Then a horde of barbarians leap forth to assault the city while I do battle with guards and keep the gate open long enough for my companions to pour through the gate and begin THE RED HARVEST as our dark lord commands.

The warriors eat well that night, feasting on the hearts of our enemies.

Simple_Russian_Boi

Maybe an alcoholic | Occasionally a cat
Steal some coin, of course! You've seen what happens with those who sleep without the protection of the walls, you don't want to repeat their fate.

The thing is, you don't know a thing about stealing, or stealth, really. So you get caught by the guards, and surprisingly they don't kill you right there and then. They throw you in prison, where you await your trial.

But... You got in? They even gave you some soup to eat! That's a win in your book.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
Search the ground for coins. Some people have definitely dropped coins on the road.

My guy rolled for luck. He ended up pulling out a massive worm that destroys the gate. He sneaks in during the commotion so it's mission completed I guess?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I approached the guards with my tattered dress, "E-excuse me."

"Identification?" The guard coldly asked.

I shook my head, a shiver ran down my spine. I wanted to flee. This man was scary. This city was scary! It's way too big! Too big walls!

But... But I don't want another night in the woods... I don't want another day with a growling stomach... I don't want another day scared of the dark...

"I don't... Have any." I muttered.

"Three silver coins then." He coldly stated.

"I don't... Don't have..." I barely managed to say.

"Then you're out of luck, kid. No money, no entrance." He already looked away from me. No care at all. No... No warmth...

Why...?

I felt the tears coming to my face, "P-please. My village was destroyed. Mom and dad were-" I started sobbing, "Mom and dad were...

"Please... I have nowhere to go..."

The guard sighed, "Look kid, if we took in refugees of every single small village that got overrun by demons, we'd be out of space in no time. Pay up or get out."

"B-but then what am I-?" I wasn't able to finish the question.

"Beats me. Not my problem. Now out!" The guard pushed me.

I fell on the ground... It hurt... I wanna go home... Why can't mom and dad be here...? Why can't-

That noise... That noise again... That horrible noise again...

"They're coming!" I heard a guard shout from the top of the walls, "Close the gates! Ready your weapons!"

No... No... Not them again...

The guard I talked to was already moving. Working on something.

Nobody at the gate...

They were coming...

I'm not... I'm not dying here!

I ran inside with everything I had. I passed through the empty gate right before I heard a loud clang.

I turned behind and saw that the metal gate was closed.

I almost... I almost...

"Hey! I said you can't enter!" The voice of the cold guard...

Run... Run!

I ran inside the city. Anywhere was fine. It didn't matter where... Anywhere away from that horrible noise... Anywhere away from those horrible beings...

I just... I just need to survive... Just like mom told me to... Just like mom begged me to...

I will survive mom... Please protect me from the heavens... Please...

Letting my tears run freely, I ran inside the narrow alleys of this large, terrifying city.

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ

There's a gate in front of you, with guards checking everyone for their identification.

You don't have one.

And no coins.

First, you will...
....Go to a game shop and buy a small silver pouch by using your mom's debit card.
Then pay the guard 3 coins from it while giving a smug look to other players as they shout "P2W" at you.:blob_evil:
(You laugh like a maniac imagining things.)

Just as you click pay via card.
(the smile fades, as you realise....)

[The transaction failed due to insufficient balance in the bank account. 0.01$]

"I AM DOOMED!!!" :blob_shock:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Try #2

@dummycake : You finally found civilization.

You don't have one.

And no coins.

First, you will...

Check the resell price of equipment and clothing on the game's market screen.
:blob_nom:
Luckily you also have a lot of resources in your inventory, that you collected grinding for hours, You calculate how much you will need to sell to get 2 silver coins.

(You looked at the town gate, and people within. Sighing... You click a button.)

* Are you sure to want to sell all? Y/n*

"Well, it's time to go commando🍑🔞 , again"

Last edited:

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!

You don't have one.

And no coins.

First, you will...
Say that it is "Time to rock!"
Dun! *red lights appear* Dun! *blue lights appear* Duuuuun! *white lights appear*
All lights illuminate your surroundings and spotlight you, the sunny blue sky in that specific the area turning suddenly dark for scenic and comedy reasons.
Suddenly, because you live in a cartoon and your inventory is your bottomless pockets, which rival Mary Poppin's suitcase even on a bad day, you whip out a microphone and a fully constructed concert stage.
To avoid smushing people with said concert stage, you knock them off their feet. Literally knock them off their feet. With a screamo "Are you ready?!" you leap onto the stage.
As you sing rock songs about your mom's absolutely delicious curry with home-made garlic naan bread and golden potatoes, everyone starts waving back and forth, holding out their hands to the "~I held out my hands for heaven, and that she-devil ripped off a chunk of paradise to GNASH! MY! TEETH! IntoOOooOOOOO...~ bowls of that knees-weakening good curry magically appeared in everybody's hand (with the magical creation of food delayed for @AliceShiki 's character, until her flashback passes. and she can hold onto the food without spilling it).
In the chaos of everyone crying tears of happiness into their mouth-wateringly delicious (and hyper-nutritious!*announcer voice that is actually truthful statement for once*) curry, you sneak into the city.
The guards are none the wiser, and all the more befuddled.

Hasu_Riri

You don't have one.

And no coins.

First, you will...
Why bother with civilization? Who needs socialization when you can chill with the monkeys and have the most logical conversations?
Live in the middle of nowhere, deep in the forest, become one with the trees, and fully embrace your inner forest guru. Learn the secrets of the woods, mimic the hunting skills of critters, and become the ultimate forest ninja.

Feast on berries and those shady mushrooms you found, master the art of making fire by rubbing sticks together (or something), and start feeling like the chosen savior of humanity's revival.

Then, one fine morning, you wake up and, surprise! You're now a well-endowed elf thanks to that weird mushroom stew you whipped up.

and Profit???