For you Half-Life folks

Sagacious_Punk

Resident solarpunk
What's the I for?

Then, what is your opinion about what Freeman will do on top of the building?

This scenario needs more context on the whole, imo.

But I'll speculate wildly and say Gordon will act like in Freeman's Mind - ie mumble something about child geniuses running around without parental supervision (cause they're still children nonetheless!) and then will search for the nearest motel to crash after his whole ordeal at Black Mesa. Then probably do some moderately unhinged R&R. Probably.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
This scenario needs more context on the whole, imo.

But I'll speculate wildly and say Gordon will act like in Freeman's Mind - ie mumble something about child geniuses running around without parental supervision (cause they're still children nonetheless!) and then will search for the nearest motel to crash after his whole ordeal at Black Mesa. Then probably do some moderately unhinged R&R. Probably.
Alr, let me give you more context then.

So, Gordon spawned on the roof of the association's building. And he spawned when Boros attacked the city. So, that explains why a Child and a black buffed man like a buffalo (no offense) can be seen standing up there.

And tell you what, the Gordon who was spawned here is the Gordon that just finished defeating Nihilanth and had accepted G-Man's offer. Basically, when he was recently being put into static sleep, he suddenly woke up on the roof of a tall skyscraper. He wields two signature weapons of his in both hands; The Crowbar, and The Supercharged Gravity Gun.

Remember, this sudden teleportation takes place when Boros attacked A-City.
He’d probably die quickly. Unless he had a special weapon.
Gordon has two weapons at his disposal. Both are pretty much the icons of the series; The Crowbar and the Supercharged Gravity Gun.

Sagacious_Punk

Resident solarpunk
Alr, let me give you more context then.

So, Gordon spawned on the roof of the association's building. And he spawned when Boros attacked the city. So, that explains why a Child and a black buffed man like a buffalo (no offense) can be seen standing up there.

And tell you what, the Gordon who was spawned here is the Gordon that just finished defeating Nihilanth and had accepted G-Man's offer. Basically, when he was recently being put into static sleep, he suddenly woke up on the roof of a tall skyscraper. He wields two signature weapons of his in both hands; The Crowbar, and The Supercharged Gravity Gun.

Remember, this sudden teleportation takes place when Boros attacked A-City.

Gordon has two weapons at his disposal. Both are pretty much the icons of the series; The Crowbar and the Supercharged Gravity Gun.
Based on this:

My extrapolations about Gordon not being too fazed about city-wide crisis still stands, I think.
If he perceives anyone as a direct and clear threat, he'll try to run first (he'll have no knowledge about how the upgraded Gravity Gun works). After he regroups, he'll think of a plan of attack (if he's pursued) or he'll try to gather some info (cause he doesn't like to have no context).

Again, I'm talking about Freeman's Mind version of Gordon. How would OG Gordon react? No idea.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
Based on this:

My extrapolations about Gordon not being too fazed about city-wide crisis still stands, I think.
If he perceives anyone as a direct and clear threat, he'll try to run first (he'll have no knowledge about how the upgraded Gravity Gun works). After he regroups, he'll think of a plan of attack (if he's pursued) or he'll try to gather some info (cause he doesn't like to have no context).

Again, I'm talking about Freeman's Mind version of Gordon. How would OG Gordon react? No idea.
I'll tell you how OG Gordon would react.

He's a scientist, one that barely made it out of Black Mesa's incident. I mean, how would you react when you suddenly have a very big accident happening on your first day of experiment? And somehow, you survived. You still have some humanity left in your mind but, you only be moved by a little bit when you see a city getting fully destroyed by a spaceship. Your situation at Black Mesa is already the worst in your life. So, what about this one? Will you be fazed by this?

No. The amount of hours you survived in Black Mesa teaches you about the R.T.S.L. principle you discovered on your own.

Run. Think. Shoot. Live.

You only get your life once, and you're a scientist. Assess the subject before experimenting.