Free Feedback Thread [Closed - Currently Reading!]

kaisei

Hey there, I'm Kaisei!!

I asked for feedback in another thread and wanted to return the favor in some way. I read a lot and have done some soft editing for writing friends with their debut novels and/or webnovel projects. Post your links here if you want feedback. Let me know how much you want me to read (I'll probably set a soft limit of 10,000 words, but I'm open to more if I can be convinced), what you're looking for, do you want me to offer any criticism, or do you simply want to know what I liked and what's working with your work, what you're trying to focus on or improve with your craft?

If I ignore your work, I apologize, I probably simply overlooked it, please DM me! :D

Happy writing!

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
read as much as you'd like and tell me your thoughts, I'm always looking for feedback

Jaymi

Gamer / Astronaut / Idol / Author / Vampire
My story only has 5k words so far, but I'd like to know your opinion of it anyway!

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder

10k is at chapter 2. This story pays homage to the sentai genre and shounen battle manga.

Tell me what you like and offer some criticism.

AdOtherwise

Owl Who Reads · Hoot Hoot

kaisei

read as much as you'd like and tell me your thoughts, I'm always looking for feedback
My first thought when I read this was I think the opening passages could be a lot stronger if you had a firmer handle on what you wanted the tone of your piece to be. At times, I get the impression you want it to be sickening and putrid, with phrases like "thick black sludge passes tastelessly," but then there are other phrases that kind of rip me away from that experience like "dubious vomit" (a stronger sensual word could be used here and still give us the impression that the vomit is of strange and unknown origin) or "small cubic shapes" (the geometry of the vomit is a bit strange which I like but the other adjectives are kind of just neutral) which negate the sense that our main character Sybil is ill. It instead makes think she's falling back as a kind of inanimate observer rather than someone who's retching on the floor.

The phrasing on its own is interesting but I would work on maintaining a more consistent structure to make sure you get the tone of your work the way that you want it. At the moment, a lot of things kind of clash so it's difficult to tell what you want me as a reader to be feeling at any present moment.

I read a few more chapters and I do like some of the voices that you use for your narrator. She's inquisitive, there's a kind of spunk that she has, I'm not sure if she really exudes some of her masculine features that you note that she has, and that might actually be something of interest. At some point, there's a river, maybe have her reflection so she can commentate on her appearance. Or even if there isn't a river, there's a moment early on where Sybil is expressing some semblance of self-disgust at her own self-control, but what about how she feels about her body? When she stretches in one of the chapters or gazes at her hands/arms, what does she think of them? I don't think these need to be excessively long descriptions, but a sentence or two in these areas will give us a better feel for the physical experience of the main character that doesn't currently seem to exist.

Anyway, a few things to consider. Great job!

My story only has 5k words so far, but I'd like to know your opinion of it anyway!
So, this is not something that I'm super familiar with. I don't read a lot of light novels, but I do have some friends who write them. I'll try my best to put myself in that headspace and offer what I can.

The first thing I'll mention is the opening is pretty fast paced and catchy and it works pretty well to get us into the middle of the main character's own confusion. I like the inclusion of the phrase "not sure to whom" when the main character wakes up and starts talking, it adds a nice bit of style and voice to the narration. I think what I would change is to organize some of the narration around why the narrator is doing what they're doing.

An example of this is when the main character shifts their gaze to the shelf above the refrigerator. We get a line from them and then we learn that there's medication above it. In my opinion, I think it would've been better to say something to the effect of "I shifted my gaze towards the medicine cabinet above the refrigerator" followed by "Hm? Was that shelf always this high?"

The diction in certain places is a little messy. For instance, I was a bit thrown off when the main character was "strolling" back to their bed. This is not typically what you'd say if someone is feeling sick and unwell. Don't be afraid to jump a few steps in the process and write "I fell back on my bed and let myself sink into the mattress." There's no need to really write that you're walking back to the bed, the reader can intuit that the narrator's kind of given up on finding medicine and is back to square one.

I also don't love the scene cuts; I actually think you could have written the chapters in such a way that you simply had a sentence or two to transition in and out of the memories, but that's kind of a matter of personal taste and there's nothing else super wrong with it.

My final note is on the dialogue. I think there's some good stuff here. I do like the voice and character you've given for Miho, especially when she's critiquing Kaede. That being said, it feels like the main character kind of gets lost and their voice loses a lot of their luster. There's a moment where you repeat "I became Miho's little sister on a whim" twice and in the latest chapter some of the conversations fall a bit flat for me. There's the part where the main character finds out that Miho is an otaku, they kind of share a moment talking about Silver Wings, but after expressing that it's their favorite, the two of them just mention that they should watch anime together some time.

I think in a lot of other slice of life anime when I watch (and even in real life), a lot of the otaku that I watch or know will start to ramble on and on about the shows that they have in common with someone else. This scene sort of drops the ball in sort of portraying that element of otaku-dom but more importantly it kind of showcases that some of the dialogue is going through the motions and doesn't really know where it's going.

That being said, I think you have a lot of interesting fun beats. Good job!

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
My first thought when I read this was I think the opening passages could be a lot stronger if you had a firmer handle on what you wanted the tone of your piece to be. At times, I get the impression you want it to be sickening and putrid, with phrases like "thick black sludge passes tastelessly," but then there are other phrases that kind of rip me away from that experience like "dubious vomit" (a stronger sensual word could be used here and still give us the impression that the vomit is of strange and unknown origin) or "small cubic shapes" (the geometry of the vomit is a bit strange which I like but the other adjectives are kind of just neutral) which negate the sense that our main character Sybil is ill. It instead makes think she's falling back as a kind of inanimate observer rather than someone who's retching on the floor.

The phrasing on its own is interesting but I would work on maintaining a more consistent structure to make sure you get the tone of your work the way that you want it. At the moment, a lot of things kind of clash so it's difficult to tell what you want me as a reader to be feeling at any present moment.

I read a few more chapters and I do like some of the voices that you use for your narrator. She's inquisitive, there's a kind of spunk that she has, I'm not sure if she really exudes some of her masculine features that you note that she has, and that might actually be something of interest. At some point, there's a river, maybe have her reflection so she can commentate on her appearance. Or even if there isn't a river, there's a moment early on where Sybil is expressing some semblance of self-disgust at her own self-control, but what about how she feels about her body? When she stretches in one of the chapters or gazes at her hands/arms, what does she think of them? I don't think these need to be excessively long descriptions, but a sentence or two in these areas will give us a better feel for the physical experience of the main character that doesn't currently seem to exist.

Thanks for your hard work and advice, I'll fiddle around with fwoah and see what I can do

kaisei

10k is at chapter 2. This story pays homage to the sentai genre and shounen battle manga.

Tell me what you like and offer some criticism.
I like stories that shift perspectives to multiple different people, so I like that you kind of just divide things to give us that clean break into multiple different POVs. Reminds me of a lot of the science fantasy that I read as a kid. You set the stage well for that shounen-action vibe and I can definitely see some of the influences, which is a good sign.

A couple notes, similar to one of the other writers above, I think the dialogue is kind of a bit flat in the first chapter. I don't get a strong sense for the character voices and they all sort of blend together into a kind of generic sports argument before they're bailed out by Amy. Robert Randall comes off as a really typical pompous jock, but even then I think there are moments in his dialogue (I, Robert Randall, am the top dog) that feel a little bit way over the top and I feel like you miss opportunities to crack jokes in a dialogue between someone talking about football versus soccer. I just think the overall tones of the dialogue hit too many normal beats without anyone saying some kind of memorable line or a quip that has a bit of kick (pun intended). In other words, spice up your dialogue! Add some character so that they don't all sound so similar, because I do want to get to know your characters!

The other comment I wanted to add was how you pace and structure the multiple perspective switching in the first chapter. The way it's currently paced is you kind of have the quotidian school stuff as the longer more slower paced sections with a couple brief but mysterious interludes to kind of speed up the pacing. That on its own is a pretty fine idea, I'm a fan. However, I think these short sections need to be punchier and more memorable. I'm amused by the first one with the woman who just smiles and giggles and says this is going to be fun, but I still want more. Maybe she jumps off the building like in Ghost in the Shell, or maybe she does something a bit more outlandish, something that doesn't just run through some of the similar enigmatic beats that have been stated by so many other characters.

The second time this woman shows up is a marked improvement from the first, but I think there's issues with just the general writing on a sentence level. I think the woman asking "how mad can you get" feels a bit weak and doesn't match with the intensity that I think you want from her and just the way that she kills the man feels a bit underwhelming. Words like "shroud," "formed" are a bit too gentle for what I assume seems to be a pretty horrifying encounter since the man is screaming. Try to play around with your word choices here to see if you can spruce up the intensity. I would apply similar logic to a lot of the shorter sections in your second chapter as well.

Otherwise, a nice start! Keep going!

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
I like stories that shift perspectives to multiple different people, so I like that you kind of just divide things to give us that clean break into multiple different POVs. Reminds me of a lot of the science fantasy that I read as a kid. You set the stage well for that shounen-action vibe and I can definitely see some of the influences, which is a good sign.

A couple notes, similar to one of the other writers above, I think the dialogue is kind of a bit flat in the first chapter. I don't get a strong sense for the character voices and they all sort of blend together into a kind of generic sports argument before they're bailed out by Amy. Robert Randall comes off as a really typical pompous jock, but even then I think there are moments in his dialogue (I, Robert Randall, am the top dog) that feel a little bit way over the top and I feel like you miss opportunities to crack jokes in a dialogue between someone talking about football versus soccer. I just think the overall tones of the dialogue hit too many normal beats without anyone saying some kind of memorable line or a quip that has a bit of kick (pun intended). In other words, spice up your dialogue! Add some character so that they don't all sound so similar, because I do want to get to know your characters!

The other comment I wanted to add was how you pace and structure the multiple perspective switching in the first chapter. The way it's currently paced is you kind of have the quotidian school stuff as the longer more slower paced sections with a couple brief but mysterious interludes to kind of speed up the pacing. That on its own is a pretty fine idea, I'm a fan. However, I think these short sections need to be punchier and more memorable. I'm amused by the first one with the woman who just smiles and giggles and says this is going to be fun, but I still want more. Maybe she jumps off the building like in Ghost in the Shell, or maybe she does something a bit more outlandish, something that doesn't just run through some of the similar enigmatic beats that have been stated by so many other characters.

The second time this woman shows up is a marked improvement from the first, but I think there's issues with just the general writing on a sentence level. I think the woman asking "how mad can you get" feels a bit weak and doesn't match with the intensity that I think you want from her and just the way that she kills the man feels a bit underwhelming. Words like "shroud," "formed" are a bit too gentle for what I assume seems to be a pretty horrifying encounter since the man is screaming. Try to play around with your word choices here to see if you can spruce up the intensity. I would apply similar logic to a lot of the shorter sections in your second chapter as well.

Otherwise, a nice start! Keep going!
Thank you, yeah. I will tweak it a bit more.

Jaymi

Gamer / Astronaut / Idol / Author / Vampire
t

So, this is not something that I'm super familiar with. I don't read a lot of light novels, but I do have some friends who write them. I'll try my best to put myself in that headspace and offer what I can.

The first thing I'll mention is the opening is pretty fast paced and catchy and it works pretty well to get us into the middle of the main character's own confusion. I like the inclusion of the phrase "not sure to whom" when the main character wakes up and starts talking, it adds a nice bit of style and voice to the narration. I think what I would change is to organize some of the narration around why the narrator is doing what they're doing.

An example of this is when the main character shifts their gaze to the shelf above the refrigerator. We get a line from them and then we learn that there's medication above it. In my opinion, I think it would've been better to say something to the effect of "I shifted my gaze towards the medicine cabinet above the refrigerator" followed by "Hm? Was that shelf always this high?"

The diction in certain places is a little messy. For instance, I was a bit thrown off when the main character was "strolling" back to their bed. This is not typically what you'd say if someone is feeling sick and unwell. Don't be afraid to jump a few steps in the process and write "I fell back on my bed and let myself sink into the mattress." There's no need to really write that you're walking back to the bed, the reader can intuit that the narrator's kind of given up on finding medicine and is back to square one.

I also don't love the scene cuts; I actually think you could have written the chapters in such a way that you simply had a sentence or two to transition in and out of the memories, but that's kind of a matter of personal taste and there's nothing else super wrong with it.

My final note is on the dialogue. I think there's some good stuff here. I do like the voice and character you've given for Miho, especially when she's critiquing Kaede. That being said, it feels like the main character kind of gets lost and their voice loses a lot of their luster. There's a moment where you repeat "I became Miho's little sister on a whim" twice and in the latest chapter some of the conversations fall a bit flat for me. There's the part where the main character finds out that Miho is an otaku, they kind of share a moment talking about Silver Wings, but after expressing that it's their favorite, the two of them just mention that they should watch anime together some time.

I think in a lot of other slice of life anime when I watch (and even in real life), a lot of the otaku that I watch or know will start to ramble on and on about the shows that they have in common with someone else. This scene sort of drops the ball in sort of portraying that element of otaku-dom but more importantly it kind of showcases that some of the dialogue is going through the motions and doesn't really know where it's going.

That being said, I think you have a lot of interesting fun beats. Good job!
his was really helpful, thanks!

Hey there, I'm Kaisei!!

I asked for feedback in another thread and wanted to return the favor in some way. I read a lot and have done some soft editing for writing friends with their debut novels and/or webnovel projects. Post your links here if you want feedback. Let me know how much you want me to read (I'll probably set a soft limit of 10,000 words, but I'm open to more if I can be convinced), what you're looking for, do you want me to offer any criticism, or do you simply want to know what I liked and what's working with your work, what you're trying to focus on or improve with your craft?

If I ignore your work, I apologize, I probably simply overlooked it, please DM me! :D

Happy writing!
Do whatever you want with mine, mate.

Redadam04

【Human Savant of True Almighty God】
Ooh... That's cool. Check my second novel then.

Wake Up Lousy Agent Volume 1.

Volume 2 is set on schedule.

KersenBloemNL

Read as much as you like. Recently edited the first chapter based on some feedback, really interested in what you think about it, Thank you!

Last edited:

kaisei

I'm not a big fan of the perspective switch at the beginning. It's difficult to understand how disoriented Cain is when Feick is the initial point of contact. I'd also work on some of the grammar and word choice in the opening lines. There are a couple of run ons, and I'm not a fan of the phrase "gesticulate excessively." It's trying a little too hard to show off vocabulary when on a sentence level, a lot of the ideas and syntax aren't necessarily quite there yet.

The point of view in general also just doesn't sit well with me, the way that we have an omniscient narrator telling us that Cain is contaminated but doesn't really know it. Why doesn't Feick explain this to Cain? It could be a moment for them to bond as characters. Now, on its own, I'm okay with that, I actually think it could be really clever, but a few notes.

If you're going for an omniscient narrator like this, I would like more of a stylized voice. At the moment, the writing and structure of the narrator is carried out in a very matter of fact sense. The sentences go through very basic emotional curves, like Cain wondering who he is, the general displeasure of burying bodies, and also just some general sense that the wasteland is kind of fetid and gross.

But my issue with this is that precisely because there's no style in the way you've carried out the voice, it's difficult to maintain a lot of consistent interest in the story. I want a narrator, omniscient or otherwise, that kind of shows off their personality so that we know the story has some character to it. I like the attempt with the phrase "Netherane was a very remote place or as Feick put it 'Butt Fuck nowhere'" but that's not enough for me. I want the envelope to be pushed a little bit in this regard.

There are also certain inconsistencies. The narrator knows some things, but doesn't know others. For example, "Regarding where Cain is in the swamplands, well, he is smack dab in the middle of Netherane...probably" demonstrates that the omniscient narrator isn't as omniscient as previously thought. I appreciate the attempt at humor, but this could have been delivered a bit better. Maybe something to the effect of, "Cain didn't really know where he was in the swamplands, or even if he was in the swamplands to begin with. For all he knew, Feick could've been lying." I hope that brings my point across.

Anyway, I think bits and pieces of this have some interesting potential. Keep at it!

Do whatever you want with mine, mate.
A couple things I'll throw out there as food for thought.

I'm not super invested in the opening parts of the chapter. I think my general impression is that it's serviceable, it introduces us to a rag tag team of mercs, they kind of sound sort of different, so you're doing well on making sure they have distinctive voices. I just wish there was more to signal that there's actual boredom, because to me it feels like a sign where someone just says they're bored and then maybe 1.5-2k words later, I'm reading about them mowing down a bunch of people. Why couldn't we have just started at the killing? I ask myself that question only because the opening doesn't grab me, but maybe an action packed scene might've done the trick.

I think the briefing scene was good, but I wish I had more context on what was going on. Why are they just fighting another PMC? I get that the Mercs are kind of just nonsense/illiterate folk, but they also don't really sound that way. Someone at some point expresses that someone has an abysmal taste in clothes, which kind of threw me off because I wasn't expecting that kind of language in dialogue, so I think that particular area could use some clean up to make sure that things stay within that sort of tone or atmosphere that you wanted to build.

I like the opening to the second chapter, I think it's kind of funny. I still think there are bits of dialogue that I'd clean up, but otherwise, the premise of it is amusing to say the least. So good job, and keep going!

Ooh... That's cool. Check my second novel then.

Wake Up Lousy Agent Volume 1.

Volume 2 is set on schedule.
A couple thoughts as I read.

I want to know how exactly the criminal uses parkour to outmaneuver the pursuers. It's just a narrow alley right? Wouldn't it normally just be a straight corridor? Are there objects in the way? Is he hopping over fences? Just some more detail would be nice. Same thing with *BOOM* and other similar one word phrases across the prologue (and elsewhere) where I felt like one or two more sentences would have done the trick better.

I also don't try to say this but I think among some of the other stories, you could definitely use some more grammar edits and making sure you keep your tenses consistent. There are quite a few that are eye catching in the first couple of paragraphs alone, so I'd spend some time to clean those up because that does impact whether a reader even wants to read your work.

I do like the bait and switch between the introduction of the criminal and Hol's introduction, I think it's kind of funny, and it's amplified by the two separate monologues, which adds to the humor of it. So I like seeing that kind of pattern. However, the narration loses me shortly after that. I'm not super drawn in by the typology of criminals and the ranting followed by Hol's professed love for the director is just kind of strange to me, especially since it jumps between awkward navel-gazing and then Hol asking himself how many people's he's killed.

I think part of the reason I feel this way could be with the fact that I don't get a strong individual voice from Hol. And I don't mean that I want him to have strong convictions or a strong personality, I mean that in terms of just the writing style, I don't get that erratic/awkward style of writing that should correspond with the ideas and items that he's narrating. Like for instance:

"I feel awkward whenever I talk with other people. But not every time I faint like a wimp, I can spent an hour talking the topics that I take interest -making the others lost interest."

First of all, the second sentence is pretty ungrammatical, so I'd like to remind you again to definitely work on straightening out some of the language kinks. Second of all, first sentence is good, but I think there needs to be more personality in the sentences afterwards. What are the topics that Hol enjoys that others lose interest in? I want to know, because that adds to his character, but you rob me of that knowledge by just moving on to the next thing. If you were to rewrite, maybe something like:

"It's not like I faint like a wimp every time. You give me quantum physics, the theory of bust sizes, the best way to cook adobo, things that usually either bore or scare people away, now I can talk about those things for hours."

Obviously the wording has to fit with your style, but something like this gives that sentence a lot more energy and vitality. Right now, a lot of the things that Hol says on a sentence level are super flat and don't tell me all that much about him outside of certain generic details.

Anyway, keep going! And good job!

Last edited:

Redadam04

【Human Savant of True Almighty God】
O
I'm not a big fan of the perspective switch at the beginning. It's difficult to understand how disoriented Cain is when Feick is the initial point of contact. I'd also work on some of the grammar and word choice in the opening lines. There are a couple of run ons, and I'm not a fan of the phrase "gesticulate excessively." It's trying a little too hard to show off vocabulary when on a sentence level, a lot of the ideas and syntax aren't necessarily quite there yet.

The point of view in general also just doesn't sit well with me, the way that we have an omniscient narrator telling us that Cain is contaminated but doesn't really know it. Why doesn't Feick explain this to Cain? It could be a moment for them to bond as characters. Now, on its own, I'm okay with that, I actually think it could be really clever, but a few notes.

If you're going for an omniscient narrator like this, I would like more of a stylized voice. At the moment, the writing and structure of the narrator is carried out in a very matter of fact sense. The sentences go through very basic emotional curves, like Cain wondering who he is, the general displeasure of burying bodies, and also just some general sense that the wasteland is kind of fetid and gross.

But my issue with this is that precisely because there's no style in the way you've carried out the voice, it's difficult to maintain a lot of consistent interest in the story. I want a narrator, omniscient or otherwise, that kind of shows off their personality so that we know the story has some character to it. I like the attempt with the phrase "Netherane was a very remote place or as Feick put it 'Butt Fuck nowhere'" but that's not enough for me. I want the envelope to be pushed a little bit in this regard.

There are also certain inconsistencies. The narrator knows some things, but doesn't know others. For example, "Regarding where Cain is in the swamplands, well, he is smack dab in the middle of Netherane...probably" demonstrates that the omniscient narrator isn't as omniscient as previously thought. I appreciate the attempt at humor, but this could have been delivered a bit better. Maybe something to the effect of, "Cain didn't really know where he was in the swamplands, or even if he was in the swamplands to begin with. For all he knew, Feick could've been lying." I hope that brings my point across.

Anyway, I think bits and pieces of this have some interesting potential. Keep at it!

I'm not super invested in the opening parts of the chapter. I think my general impression is that it's serviceable, it introduces us to a rag tag team of mercs, they kind of sound sort of different, so you're doing well on making sure they have distinctive voices. I just wish there was more to signal that there's actual boredom, because to me it feels like a sign where someone just says they're bored and then maybe 1.5-2k words later, I'm reading about them mowing down a bunch of people. Why couldn't we have just started at the killing? I ask myself that question only because the opening doesn't grab me, but maybe an action packed scene might've done the trick.

I think the briefing scene was good, but I wish I had more context on what was going on. Why are they just fighting another PMC? I get that the Mercs are kind of just nonsense/illiterate folk, but they also don't really sound that way. Someone at some point expresses that someone has an abysmal taste in clothes, which kind of threw me off because I wasn't expecting that kind of language in dialogue, so I think that particular area could use some clean up to make sure that things stay within that sort of tone or atmosphere that you wanted to build.

I like the opening to the second chapter, I think it's kind of funny. I still think there are bits of dialogue that I'd clean up, but otherwise, the premise of it is amusing to say the least. So good job, and keep going!

I want to know how exactly the criminal uses parkour to outmaneuver the pursuers. It's just a narrow alley right? Wouldn't it normally just be a straight corridor? Are there objects in the way? Is he hopping over fences? Just some more detail would be nice. Same thing with *BOOM* and other similar one word phrases across the prologue (and elsewhere) where I felt like one or two more sentences would have done the trick better.

I also don't try to say this but I think among some of the other stories, you could definitely use some more grammar edits and making sure you keep your tenses consistent. There are quite a few that are eye catching in the first couple of paragraphs alone, so I'd spend some time to clean those up because that does impact whether a reader even wants to read your work.

I do like the bait and switch between the introduction of the criminal and Hol's introduction, I think it's kind of funny, and it's amplified by the two separate monologues, which adds to the humor of it. So I like seeing that kind of pattern. However, the narration loses me shortly after that. I'm not super drawn in by the typology of criminals and the ranting followed by Hol's professed love for the director is just kind of strange to me, especially since it jumps between awkward navel-gazing and then Hol asking himself how many people's he's killed.

I think part of the reason I feel this way could be with the fact that I don't get a strong individual voice from Hol. And I don't mean that I want him to have strong convictions or a strong personality, I mean that in terms of just the writing style, I don't get that erratic/awkward style of writing that should correspond with the ideas and items that he's narrating. Like for instance:

"I feel awkward whenever I talk with other people. But not every time I faint like a wimp, I can spent an hour talking the topics that I take interest -making the others lost interest."

First of all, the second sentence is pretty ungrammatical, so I'd like to remind you again to definitely work on straightening out some of the language kinks. Second of all, first sentence is good, but I think there needs to be more personality in the sentences afterwards. What are the topics that Hol enjoys that others lose interest in? I want to know, because that adds to his character, but you rob me of that knowledge by just moving on to the next thing. If you were to rewrite, maybe something like:

"It's not like I faint like a wimp every time. You give me quantum physics, the theory of bust sizes, the best way to cook adobo, things that usually either bore or scare people away, now I can talk about those things for hours."

Obviously the wording has to fit with your style, but something like this gives that sentence a lot more energy and vitality. Right now, a lot of the things that Hol says on a sentence level are super flat and don't tell me all that much about him outside of certain generic details.

Oooh, nice. Thats good. I guess I have to rewrite it.

Takai

I'm hoping you can give me some feedback on my novel
Please give it a chance in your free time :blob_hug:

Have a nice day :blob_reach:

RestuIbu

Hey there, I'm Kaisei!!

Happy writing!
I'm new to this site. I would love to hear some feedback from the folks here! Feel free to check it out!

THAUMATURGY [AN EPIC PROGRESSION FANTASY] | Scribble Hub

AdOtherwise

Owl Who Reads · Hoot Hoot

Amazing feedback, I do get where you're coming from with with the style and voice. Thinking back, I have been going back and forth between giving the narrator a personality and not. But I also like the idea that the narrator isn't omniscient, he's just describing it as it is.

Also for the gesticulate thing, do you know anything that could be used besides it? I tried thinking of a word for hand movements but only gesticulate came to mind.

Again thank you, Perspective is definitely something I have to work on among other things.

Kishi866

Hey there if you're still doing this please check out my novel !!

Kamelingil

Multiversal Author
I'd appreciate if you read this, this is solely focused on action and cosmic calamity power stuff. And it's an All-in-one Novel with tons of stories and genres