• Gender Swap

• GL

• BL

• Everything

• Reading? What's that?!

Results are only viewable after voting.

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
Where's GL? Where's coming of age? I guess drama, comedy and romance? I'd rather vote for more accurate sub-genres than just the general categories, though.
Girls love is a tag, not a genre. That's my problem with this poll. It mixes tags and genres, and then also includes stuff like "fiction" which, duh, most of the stories on the site will be fiction.

I think that one of the big problems with Scribblehub, and just online writing in general, is that stories are classified often by little details rather than a bigger picture.

A story about two girls in love is in the romance genre. I think that stories need to be defined more in this way.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Girls love is a tag, not a genre. That's my problem with this poll. It mixes tags and genres, and then also includes stuff like "fiction" which, duh, most of the stories on the site will be fiction.

I think that one of the big problems with Scribblehub, and just online writing in general, is that stories are classified often by little details rather than a bigger picture.

A story about two girls in love is in the romance genre. I think that stories need to be defined more in this way.
But that's the point. In the online web novel place, tags are basically genres. For example, in traditional books, there would be no "harem".

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

As far as Scribblehub cares, Girls' Love is a genre.

CadmarLegend

Even if GL is a subgenre of romance... I don't care for romance as a whole. I care for GL. If you don't let me be specific, the answer you'll get will be incorrect.
Lol

CadmarLegend

Even if GL is a subgenre of romance... I don't care for romance as a whole. I care for GL. If you don't let me be specific, the answer you'll get will be incorrect.
Implemented!

D

Deleted member 45782

Please just consider them as genres.....
Nah :P

I think you may be better off on asking, What types of Medium do you prefer to read in, and if so, in what genre?

That is why you keep getting people pointing out your poll mixes medium type and genre type all in one bag.

D

Deleted member 45782

Yeah. Here are just a few examples.

Medium?
- comics
- poetry
- short stories
- novel like stories

Genre?
- fantasy
- isekai​
- epic fantasy​
- romance
- specifically ____​
- specifically ____​
- sci-fi
- non-fiction
- biographies​
- autobiographies​

It breaks things down to more defined level. Some people might like reading certain genres, but only in certain formats.

Just like some would like a horror story in the form of short stories or novels. But would they like it if it came in the form of a poem? ;)

CadmarLegend

Yeah.

Medium?
- choices
- choices
Genre?
- bunch of choices
- bunch of choices

It breaks things down to more defined level. Some people might like reading certain genres, but only in certain formats.

Just like some would like a horror story in the form of short stories or novels. But would they like it if it came in the form of a poem? ;)
They may...

CadmarLegend

True. Or they may not. Not everyone likes to read poetry.
1614967387561.png