Grant permissions for people to view and edit unpublished novels

Nyanko

The Clawing Chaos, Nyanlathotep
This is something I have asked Tony in Discord a few times, in fact, he did mention at one point he was planning to implement this feature, but didn't in the end.

So what I want is the ability to grant individual people permission to view and edit your un-published novels to create a comprehensive editing feature within the ScribbleHub platform.
While this can be done by sharing links to google docs, having it in ScribbleHub means they can easily check the formatting as well as the spelling and overall novel. After all, copying a novel over into scribblehub can introduce formatting errors, and having it within the system it is going to be published in is easier.
It would also help foster a community of editors within the website.

Anyway useful feature I would use to easily share my novels with nommy. Please implement!

Milk.Milkan

Me Milk, me smart.
Dats sure sounds like a really good feature if ill ever have an editor.
Plus here.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
This is something I have asked Tony in Discord a few times, in fact, he did mention at one point he was planning to implement this feature, but didn't in the end.

So what I want is the ability to grant individual people permission to view and edit your un-published novels to create a comprehensive editing feature within the ScribbleHub platform.
While this can be done by sharing links to google docs, having it in ScribbleHub means they can easily check the formatting as well as the spelling and overall novel. After all, copying a novel over into scribblehub can introduce formatting errors, and having it within the system it is going to be published in is easier.
It would also help foster a community of editors within the website.

Anyway useful feature I would use to easily share my novels with nommy. Please implement!
All I have to say is have a little patience. Tony is probably busy so any changes can't be implemented that quickly. What you're describing does sound like it would take some adjustments for Tony and it might not be a fast fix. I wouldn't know but, like I said, be patient. It also probably helps that this suggestion has been written here so that it has a record.

NightOps

The author should be able to see a side by side preview of the edited chapters, left side is original submitted by author and right is editor changed, highlighting the places that were changed. Would be even better if users could earn something like an editor title from suggesting edits to authors that end up approved by the authors(promotes community involvement). Could even put in some sort of reward feature for being good editors, such as early access to the next drafted chapter so they can suggest there their edits before release. Trolls be reported and banned from future participation.

Last edited:

Kotohood

Noob Author
I think the easier solution is to make google docs transition to Sccriblehub editor more seamless. Then have a "become an editor" button in the story page for a contact to the author himself maybe?

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
I think the easier solution is to make google docs transition to Scribblehub editor more seamless. Then have a "become an editor" button in the story page for a contact to the author himself maybe?
I agree with this. This would introduce a more seamless way of finding an editor or "beta-reader" on the site, while also making it versatile for authors who don't use google docs to still have an option to find people who are willing to look over the story, as not all authors use google docs and some use specialized writing programs that store other information.