Grass moment

esThr

Do you just have that one moment where a story is so eh in your eyes (for no reason) that you just cannot continue on any longer since it bores you so hard?

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Hmmm. I had to think hard, and it happened a few times. Funny enough, never with web novels but with physical books I paid money for.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I have pretty low standards, but everything I read can get at maximum 9 points. I have specific preferences that are rare. Even with how popular GL is on this site, I don’t think anything has fulfilled those preferences.

Trying to make my own, but I’m only 6 chapters in. And I’m not even sure I will be able to fill it.

Tempokai

Overworked One
I have low standards, but I have a nth sense when comes to bad writing. When the "I don't like the way the story is going" moment happens I usually drop it because I can feel the disappointment from the alternate universe where I read it

Simple_Russian_Boi

Maybe an alcoholic | Occasionally a cat
Oh yes. I'm a trash eater fanfic reader, so it happens 70% of the time. There's a lot of things I can tolerate, but when the authors are so fucking stupid... I just can't.

I'll give you an example that still lives in my head rent-free.

Momo Yaoyorozu - the girl that can create everything from her fat cells.
Her parents are greedy bastards that only wanted more money.

What do they do?
They force her to create gold-
and not uranium or some shit, GOLD!
-and throw her out in the streets when they think they have enough.
Not chain her to a wall and force her to make even more stuff, they throw her out. When I read it the first time, I was so pissed, I almost broke my wrist because I hit my table too hard.

Simple_Russian_Boi

Maybe an alcoholic | Occasionally a cat
I think there's ways to make that make that narrative make sense from what little I've heard of it (for example, play up their fear of her even as they exploit her power), but sounds like it was not done well.
It really wasn't.

Insomniologist

Nemurenu Kyōfu
Honestly, it doesn’t happen that often to me. Both because I’m pretty tolerant, and because of the fact that I never start reading a novel unless I’ve looked over everything else about it (reviews, description, the author’s other works, etc.).

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
Do you just have that one moment where a story is so eh in your eyes (for no reason) that you just cannot continue on any longer since it bores you so hard?
Ye

SternenklarenRitter

I tend to find kingdom building rather dull. Several stories I liked for a while started out as adventure genre but got really boring after the MC earned peerage.