Resolved Grayed out text box and inability to edit text

Lukha

mother of all ships
Hey, I don't know if anyone else is having issues, but I'm receiving this weird thing where the the text box is like super grayed out and I can't use any of the toolbox stuff.

Tony

Staff member
Hey, I don't know if anyone else is having issues, but I'm receiving this weird thing where the the text box is like super grayed out and I can't use any of the toolbox stuff.

Toolbox stuff? Are you referring to the chapter's editor?

Lukha

mother of all ships
Toolbox stuff? Are you referring to the chapter editor?
I haven't checked the chapter editor stuff, but I meant for just basic typing things. Like typing this right now, I can't use press any of the bold, italics, underline, strikethrough, etc. stuff up at the top. I just noticed it right now while trying to grab a smiley to put in a reply to someone in the forums.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 1.01.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 1.01.39 AM.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 113

Tony

Staff member
I haven't checked the chapter editor stuff, but I meant for just basic typing things. Like typing this right now, I can't use press any of the bold, italics, underline, strikethrough, etc. stuff up at the top. I just noticed it right now while trying to grab a smiley to put in a reply to someone in the forums.

Oh you're referring to the forums. hmm I haven't changed anything to the forums for awhile. When did this problem start showing up? Did you install anything new for your browser? Also, do you know how to check for errors in you browser? If not, let me know and I can post a short tutorial.

Lukha

mother of all ships
Oh you're referring to the forums. hmm I haven't changed anything to the forums for awhile. When did this problem start showing up? Did you install anything new for your browser? Also, do you know how to check for errors in you browser? If not, let me know and I can post a short tutorial.
It just started happening right now actually, and I haven't installed anything new for Chrome. However, I did just open up SH on a different browser and it worked just fine, so it must just be Chrome for me. Sorry for the trouble; thanks!

Tony

Staff member
It just started happening right now actually, and I haven't installed anything new for Chrome. However, I did just open up SH on a different browser and it worked just fine, so it must just be Chrome for me. Sorry for the trouble; thanks!

I'm on Chrome too and it's working for me. Chrome is the best after all :blobrofl:

It's still broken on Chrome for you?

Lukha

mother of all ships
I'm on Chrome too and it's working for me. Chrome is the best after all :blobrofl:

It's still broken on Chrome for you?
Hmmm, yeah, and I'm not computer savvy enough to figure out why. I tried restarting it, but that's really the extent of my computer troubleshoot know-hows, haha.

Tony

Staff member
Hmmm, yeah, and I'm not computer savvy enough to figure out why. I tried restarting it, but that's really the extent of my computer troubleshoot know-hows, haha.

It might be because either you're blocking the required files via a plugin or somehow the required files didn't load completely. I would consider clearing your cache as a last resort.

If you want to check if there are errors you can follow this:
On chrome, it's right click anywhere on the page -> "inspect" -> "console" tab. All of your errors should be listed there.

You don't have to do this of course. Just giving you the option. It kinda sucks if you had to switch browsers each time just to use the toolbox.

ars

trash bin
Oh, I think I know what you're talking about. It happened to me before, I think it's when the BBcode gear thing is activated. Not sure why your screenshot doesn't have the toggle option available though...

Tony

Staff member
Oh, I think I know what you're talking about. It happened to me before, I think it's when the BBcode gear thing is activated. Not sure why your screenshot doesn't have the toggle option available though...

View attachment 803

@ars is probably right! You came at the perfect time @ars :blobthumbsup:

Lukha

mother of all ships

View attachment 803
@ars is probably right! You came at the perfect time @ars :blobthumbsup:
Thanks guys!! Y'all saved me; I was seriously so confused. :sweating_profusely: Now I can use all the blobs to my hearts content. :blob_melt: Thanks!!

Tony

Staff member
:blob_evil: (smug face)

In dark mode, the "Toggle BB code" isn't orange so it doesn't stand out when it's disabled. If you take a look at the screenshot @Lukha posted, you'll know what I mean. I changed the color so it's orange in dark mode too.

Thanks guys!! Y'all saved me; I was seriously so confused. :sweating_profusely: Now I can use all the blobs to my hearts content. :blob_melt: Thanks!!

It should be a crime to not be able to use blobs. I'm glad it's working for you though. I'm glad @ars showed up too lol

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>

View attachment 803
White theme??! My eyes are burning...

Tony

Staff member
I'm too scared to talk to people in the dark :blob_teary:

It's okay. I always use the light themes too. Light themes are normally more professional looking imo

• Haha
Reactions: ars