Have you ever done gardening?

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
Ugh yeah! It's usually a battle between having them naturally on soil and then dealing with replanting after they're damaged by stuff like too much rainfall/too little rainfall or using pots, which need constant tending too. Due to a lot of rain in my country I planted my portulacas in pots and elevated them on bricks so it'll drain :blob_upset: but then the watering.... pshhhh

Oh lala? :blob_aww: I love that you're in a peaceful and quiet place though! It does sound like a dream. The city's great and all but... hmm, it's just not the same. Sometimes you just want to picnic outside or sit in the sun or shade and watch the quiet things :blob_uwu: Gotta love how everyone's working the land to save money too! Imagine making pies and food with stuff you grew yourself and sharing them :blob_melt:

Ayy no problem! I love sunflowers! Haven't grown them though due to lack of place for it. But I hope they work out for you because they're beautiful and nutritious! 🌻
Yeah, I've been battling with the rain and also with my dog since he did like to dig up on my garden.

Aye, the place here is quiet and calm, though I wouldn't risk making a picnic on the outside... :sweating_profusely: There's a bit too much of snakes and scorpions in the bushes for that. Though, there is an open public square of sorts nearby my house, which is in the shade of some really big trees, so that might be a good place.

I certainly hope they do grow well~ Never really ate sunflower seeds, though it is available around these parts, so that's as good chance as any to try.

D

Deleted member 45782

no. not a gardener. but maybe in future - aloe, mint, basil, ginger, green onion. thu tbh idk if i would. maybe just aloe and green onion.

Generik0

We only do tree gardening.

Trees that we mainly plant are bamboo, durian, Indian almond, and mango. Although it is quite hard for us to grow mango and Indian almond.

We used to plant herbs and spices such as chili and Indian Snakeroot.

But we still grow one root crop that is sweet potato.

Nowadays we just pick up every wild plant and grow it. We used to have cactuses but they died. The only plant we had from the start of the garden was the water lilies where the frogs live.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Yeah, I've been battling with the rain and also with my dog since he did like to dig up on my garden.

Aye, the place here is quiet and calm, though I wouldn't risk making a picnic on the outside... :sweating_profusely: There's a bit too much of snakes and scorpions in the bushes for that. Though, there is an open public square of sorts nearby my house, which is in the shade of some really big trees, so that might be a good place.

I certainly hope they do grow well~ Never really ate sunflower seeds, though it is available around these parts, so that's as good chance as any to try.
Oh my god! Your dog is DEFINITELY going to dig them up.

HOLY MOLY. That's scary! :blob_shock: Big trees sound nice but.... will there be scary animals there??

Oooh! Some people roast them with green tea powder and a bit of sugar or honey :blob_melt: But those are the shelled ones, so... more peeling for you! Hehehe!

The_Everdistant_Utopia

no. not a gardener. but maybe in future - aloe, mint, basil, ginger, green onion. thu tbh idk if i would. maybe just aloe and green onion.
Ah, I remember my mother did had a small space for aloe back in the day~ Hope you can get to do it someday~
We only do tree gardening.

Trees that we mainly plant are bamboo, durian, Indian almond, and mango. Although it is quite hard for us to grow mango and Indian almond.

We used to plant herbs and spices such as chili and Indian Snakeroot.

But we still grow one root crop that is sweet potato.

Nowadays we just pick up every wild plant and grow it. We used to have cactuses but they died. The only plant we had from the start of the garden was the water lilies where the frogs live.
Oh, that's cool. I don't have that much space to plant trees here, unfortunately...

As for what grows in the wild, it's usually rosemary, chamomile or other short greens that we sometimes pick up.
Oh my god! Your dog is DEFINITELY going to dig them up.

HOLY MOLY. That's scary! :blob_shock: Big trees sound nice but.... will there be scary animals there??

Oooh! Some people roast them with green tea powder and a bit of sugar or honey :blob_melt: But those are the shelled ones, so... more peeling for you! Hehehe!
Yep, I'm just waiting to see how many will survive the rain and the dog.

Well, it's not scary if you don't go near the shrubs, which is where most of the nasty things are hidden~ As for scary animals in the trees, the most would be the birds pooping on you maybe...

I'll try out that method! But can't say I'm looking forward to the peeling...

SailusGebel

I came back with a few more vegetation suggestions. Don't know if this was mentioned before, but you can look into willow if you like the look of it. Also birch. With birch, you can gather sap that is tasty. I'm not sure if the name is right, but you can as well look into Aronia Melanocarpa\black chokeberry.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

I came back with a few more vegetation suggestions. Don't know if this was mentioned before, but you can look into willow if you like the look of it. Also birch. With birch, you can gather sap that is tasty. I'm not sure if the name is right, but you can as well look into Aronia Melanocarpa\black chokeberry.
I'll look into it, hopefully I can plant those around these parts. Though I'm mostly worried about their resistance to periods of dry spell.

SailusGebel

I'll look into it, hopefully I can plant those around these parts. Though I'm mostly worried about their resistance to periods of dry spell.
That, sadly, I don't know. I believe everything I suggested is rather sturdy and isn't picky. However, as I'm not a gardener, I may be wrong. I can only believe that you will eventually find something to plant and take care of.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

That, sadly, I don't know. I believe everything I suggested is rather sturdy and isn't picky. However, as I'm not a gardener, I may be wrong. I can only believe that you will eventually find something to plant and take care of.
Alright, I'll do some research here on my side on that and what I may need to know to plant them. Thanks for the recommendations anyway~

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
I had a vine in my balcony when I was super young