Have you ever lost confidence in writing?

MrDarkness1234

Dark Matter of All Evil
I write every godamn day and also wrote a touhou rp yesterday when I felt board and today with someone at like a joke rp where shit got so high and went so perfectly that I felt like my writing incearsed but I still learn no matter what.
Edit 1: when I came to my story I kinda write myself into a conner so that's why I like to write fanfics of my own once my mind relaxs

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
Confidence is overrated
Everything is saturated
Not something gone extinct
It's less real than you think

BradCarsten

Recently I started reading a work of a Author I admired (I might be a fake cultivator) but if even he self-destructed up his story, then what can i even accomplish? I took a good mental hit seeing how the story become. As hilarious as it is, after a few hundred chapters I'm like "The f*ck am I even reading?"

I used to be a pantser, and in one of my novels, my character ended up in a village where he was giving one of those "This is the time, this is the hour" inspirational speeches to rally them all together. it was so cringy. I had to delete 30,000 words and start again. The problems is, if you are putting a chapter out as you finish it, it's really difficult to go back and change the whole story again, especially if you have a large audience. I think this is why people often write themselves into a corner or are forced to take their stories in weird directions. That's why I prefer to finish the story before putting it out there. It's a lot safer that way.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
I lose confidence pretty quickly, but I find that just talking to someone about it, regaining your sense of self worth helps getting back into the writing state. But, when you force yourself to keep writing into something you don't want, you begin to grow disgusted with your own story and just feel like stopping. (Kinda the reason why my most popular novel is on hiatus despite being, well, popular.) Just take your time with writing, have an idea of the story before hand, and if you write on a daily basis and post as soon as possible, keep notes and tabs on what you like to see, what your readers like, and what about your story gives you inspiration. I like playing with the psychological elements in writing, so when I lose inspiration I play games of maniacs and depressants, I watch shows of similar minds where people lose their sanity and fall into the pits of despair. Take notes from life, and put them in your writing. Every story told is just a twisted version of what we have already seen. And if you feel like a story must end, end it. There are plenty for ideas to write upon. Eventually, you have to let go.