Have you ever read a story and suddenly find yourself reading it for hours?

GlassRose

Kaleidoscope of Harmonious Contradiction
I mean, that's just the way reading works for me. I read what I like, and when I like what I read, I inevitably read it until suddenly it's 5 in the morning and I'm in a panic because damn it I'm trying to have a sleep schedule that resembles that of a normal person!

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
I'm a notorious binge-reader, I do everything in one go. If a book hasn't at least 100 chapters chances are I won't even touch it because I read way too fast...

The first time it happened was reading the first Harry Potter myself the moment I could read more than a few words since my Dad didn't read more than 1 chapter per evening :ROFLMAO:

Cortavar

I mean, that's just the way reading works for me. I read what I like, and when I like what I read, I inevitably read it until suddenly it's 5 in the morning and I'm in a panic because damn it I'm trying to have a sleep schedule that resembles that of a normal person!
THIS!

I've read Foundation (all of the books) in highschool between Friday noon and Saturday evening.

I've always enjoyed reading, and I can end up lost in a trance-like state if I'm fascinated enough.

Right now, my sleep schedule is messed up in a normal people kind of ways: I spent so much time reading Wednesday (3am+) that I got tired early Thursday, went to bed at 6:30pm, got up at about 2 am, got to bed at 8 pm and woke up at 5 am. This is not normal, I'm supposed to sleep in on weekends!

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
What are some stories that captivated you in that way, and how and why did it get you hooked?
With the exception of a few, most I started reading because I was bored, then continued to avoid being bored and finding something interesting enough is too much effort. Sometimes I’ll read 300 chapters in 2 days then never touch it again, even kf there are hundreds more chapters waiting.

Anyways, recent stories that kept my interest for a long time/up to current release and found interesting include: Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear (first webnovel I read), The Young Lady is a Reborn Assassin, and Summons Skeletons. (Last two can be found here)

Ran-Ron

Ashen-haired waifu enthusiast
Among the LNs I've read so far, I think I've only had that experience thrice?

First was with Hyouka, then Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, and finally Altina the Sword Princess.

Not like they were anything amazing (Though I'd argue the first title was really good), but they were just interesting enough for me to be invested.

nemonusquam_

Had it happen to me not long ago while reading The First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie.

AuthorsDread

I remember the first time reading Soul Land and Martial God. I was hook to the screen.

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
Quite a few for me but probably the most hilarious would be Twilight which I couldn't put down because I wanted to see just how weird it'd get. I was not disappointed.