Hello New Authors. Want to do a Shoutout Swap with me? (2/7)

Glitched

Moth Mommy
I guess, it is intrusive. About being random, that's why I asked Genre and Tags a a little familiar to mine.
At the end, I think it is just a little practice to expand your reader base.

Wouldn't that be more disruptive? People generally expect a chapter for their reading when they see a chapter notification, and not meeting those expectation can be harmful.

At least with a note at the end, it is only a little intrusive instead of full on add.
@GoodPerson

Umm, so I'm down for both I guess as I'm only starting, but you can decide what you want.
It'd be more of a post it at the same time you post a new chapter. So ad chapter and then post actual chapter like 1 minute later. Or just sort. Better than shat feels like an ad interrupting the reading experience, and it doesn't mess up reader notifications bcs they can still get their chapter.

I'm not really in need of promotion tbh, I'm just here to help newbies, so I can do whatever works for you guys, although I feel like the middleman chapters are best.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
I guess, it is intrusive. About being random, that's why I asked Genre and Tags a a little familiar to mine.
At the end, I think it is just a little practice to expand your reader base.

Wouldn't that be more disruptive? People generally expect a chapter for their reading when they see a chapter notification, and not meeting those expectation can be harmful.

At least with a note at the end, it is only a little intrusive instead of full on add.
@GoodPerson

Umm, so I'm down for both I guess as I'm only starting, but you can decide what you want.
Grey has a good answer for this.

I meant random as most people aren't expecting that sort of thing at the end of a chapter, especially since it *reads* more like an advertisement than a genuine recommendation.

Sylver

This is interesting :blob_hmm: wouldn't it serve better to share someone else's novel on your profile page, or perhaps a designated chapter separate from the story used for recommendation? I like the idea but the linear chapter writing format on Scribblehub makes this difficult to pull of without disrupting the flow of the narrative in a rather abrupt manner.

Are you a new author by chance?