Help Drawing Vechicles!

The_Long_Serpent

Eccentric Creator
Something I have always had trouble with is drawing vehicles. If anyone has any tips or tutorials for drawing cars, bikes, motorcycles, trucks, etc., please share them!

D

Deleted member 29316

First thing that you need is a reference. Start from there, keep practicing. By time you'd notice you can draw your own designs based on what you drew in practice.

Also, keep an eye for vehicle patterns/layouts. Those would help you memorize stuff.

D

Deleted member 29316

Another thing that I'd like to add, use your phone to get your references. If a certain angle you want isn't on Google, you can take a picture of it and draw from there.

The_Long_Serpent

Eccentric Creator
First thing that you need is a reference. Start from there, keep practicing. By time you'd notice you can draw your own designs based on what you drew in practice.

Also, keep an eye for vehicle patterns/layouts. Those would help you memorize stuff.
Never thought about Vechicle patterns/layouts. Interesting.

Valmond

Drawing requires one being able to visualize their intent. If one cannot imagine the picture, then they will not be able to draw it. However, this can be helped along by finding references. Those references can be used to help get a base on how you wish to go along with it.

D

Deleted member 29316

Never thought about Vechicle patterns/layouts. Interesting.

Every vehicle has a pattern/layout that is similar to others.

For example, a car has a driver's seat, and a passenger seat at the front. Then, passenger seats at the back. If you'd notice, those seats have 'rounded' edges. So when you design your own vehicle, that should be included in the drawing.

That's the pattern/layouts I'm referring to. Pretty simple, but can offer a big difference to the illustration.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
The man-made structures are hard to draw because of the smooth geometrical design and the perspective. You need to do a lot of still-life drawing of the vehicles and practices seeing them in perspectives.

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
Something I have always had trouble with is drawing vehicles. If anyone has any tips or tutorials for drawing cars, bikes, motorcycles, trucks, etc., please share them!
use a perspective grid, and follow references.

Here is some artists who give good examples.