Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There is no Redemption

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A Godsent of Future and Sorrow

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
So I've finally started writing a real book. Now that I've graduated highschool, I've decided to just forego all my current webnovels for now and focus on traditionally publishing the story I've wanted to publish for around seven years now. The problem is the name.

The original name of the series is Magician's Land, with the first book being titled Light Thief. However, when I looked it up, it turns out there's already a book titled Magician's Land. It's not an entire series name like mine, but I still wouldn't want to use the same name since I don't know about legal issues that might bring up. So I'm wanting to change it.

For an idea of what my story's about, basically its an isekai. This dude dreams a dream then wakes up in a flowery field in the middle of a dense forest. He finds civilization, and stays with them for a bit. The whole story revolves around him and several other getting caught up in a conflict between the strongest of the Gods, and the MC has to figure out how to solve the conflict without the universe getting wiped out.

There is a lot more to the story, and I mean a lot more. Currently, I'm aiming at around fifteen books in the entire series if that gives any indication how much I'm actually not telling. I've created a whole pantheon of new Gods, a magic system, different religions and languages, and the world itself. Not to mention the characters are some of my favorite to write.

But with the current context of the story, which of the titles would y'all say I go for. These were the ones that just came to the top of my head.

LilRora

Mostly formless
If I were to choose from the six, I'd probably go with The God's Land.

Honestly, in my opinion 1st to 6th are, to smaller or larger degree, cheesy and cringey. But hell, I'd read all of the six if the cover and synopsis were interesting enough anyway. Be confident about it and you're good.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
2nd one. If only for my hope of a character named Commander Konker :blob_whistle:
There can never be enough puns.

Seriously, tho. If it's about wars and gods then it fits. The others just sound cheesy.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
Is there anything particular besides just the protagonist that drives the story and set it apart, or at least above the other isekais?
I'd say there is a few aspects that separate it from a normal isekai. Its just hard for me to talk about because I'm to self conscious of if I say too much. But for general themes going through the story, there are themes of the effects of depression and PTSD on the mind. Around midway through the story will switch from a standard high fantasy and delve deep into grimdark fantasy, where bad guys are sympathetic, though hateable, and heroes are non-existance. There are no winners, only losers.

I separate my series into three unique parts. I have three different sets of main characters, almost like a JoJo thing, where the MC switches for each part. The first part being the first four which is standard high fantasy, where the MC suffers from depression due to an event in his past. He goes through trials, like as the first name suggests, he faces against a God that is constantly taking light from the universe, darkening the sun and entering the world into an age of darkness. In the later books, there's major twists and turns where the main villain of the first four books isn't really a villain.

The second part being books 5 through 10 is pure dark fantasy, where I attempt to break the line of good and evil. Demons and Gods are choosing sides, all with selfish goals and there is no hero in sight. Even the MC is a rather selfish and kind of a prick teenager. This is also where it turns from isekai to just pure fantasy since this MC was born into the world unlike the first.

The third part, books 11-15, focuses on the healing of the world. The tides of war finishes and all thats left to do is sweep away the remaining fear mongering cults trying to restart another war, and to make sure the MC doesn't lose control of their powers.

I'm just gonna stop before I say way too much. I think I said too much already, but this is the basic idea for the entire story as a whole. A world that's thrown into chaos, which slowly learns to heal from the scars of the old world as it enters the age of the new. As I said, I've been planning this for a while, and this ain't even the fraction of everything that I have concocted in my brain goop.

D

Deleted member 57675

I'd say there is a few aspects that separate it from a normal isekai. Its just hard for me to talk about because I'm to self conscious of if I say too much. But for general themes going through the story, there are themes of the effects of depression and PTSD on the mind. Around midway through the story will switch from a standard high fantasy and delve deep into grimdark fantasy, where bad guys are sympathetic, though hateable, and heroes are non-existance. There are no winners, only losers.
:blob_paint: nice. 3d villains. and a darker story.
I separate my series into three unique parts. I have three different sets of main characters, almost like a JoJo thing, where the MC switches for each part. The first part being the first four which is standard high fantasy, where the MC suffers from depression due to an event in his past. He goes through trials, like as the first name suggests, he faces against a God that is constantly taking light from the universe, darkening the sun and entering the world into an age of darkness. In the later books, there's major twists and turns where the main villain of the first four books isn't really a villain.
The Dark Trials
The Darkening of Realms
The second part being books 5 through 10 is pure dark fantasy, where I attempt to break the line of good and evil. Demons and Gods are choosing sides, all with selfish goals and there is no hero in sight. Even the MC is a rather selfish and kind of a prick teenager. This is also where it turns from isekai to just pure fantasy since this MC was born into the world unlike the first.
The Blurred Lines of Morality
The third part, books 11-15, focuses on the healing of the world. The tides of war finishes and all thats left to do is sweep away the remaining fear mongering cults trying to restart another war, and to make sure the MC doesn't lose control of their powers.
The Smite of Insurgence
The Threats that Lay Beneath
I'm just gonna stop before I say way too much. I think I said too much already, but this is the basic idea for the entire story as a whole. A world that's thrown into chaos, which slowly learns to heal from the scars of the old world as it enters the age of the new. As I said, I've been planning this for a while, and this ain't even the fraction of everything that I have concocted in my brain goop.
Its alright. Story ideas that I really want to take the time to develop and strengthen, I probably wouldn't share it on here either. This does reminds me of one them, in particular the second part you mentioned, though its not an isekai either. Demons and Gods and blurred sides is a cool theme to utilize. Cheers and good luck. Hope you become a successful traditionally published writer. Seems like you already got everything planned.

Last edited by a moderator: