Recommendations Help please

bobbuilderbrown

I want to read a apocalypse story but with no magic or systems or super advance tech the most magical thing I will go for is monsters but I would prefer just zombies. Just one MC tho I’m fine with multiple povs and I would prefer if the mc is male

Please help me

edit: I’ll try those out how about online novels or web novels???

Last edited:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Have you tried the book known as "the road" by Cormac McCarthy? It's about a father and son trying to stay alive in a post apocalyptic world. No inhuman monsters but it does have various viewpoints on surviving and passing the torch to others. It's also technically an epilogue to the book "no country for old men" by the same author.

KrakenRiderEmma

Lost Girl by Adam Nevill is pretty good in this genre too (only hints of anything supernatural, in a creepy pasta kind of way)

Dearest_Violet

I want to read a apocalypse story but with no magic or systems or super advance tech the most magical thing I will go for is monsters but I would prefer just zombies. Just one MC tho I’m fine with multiple povs and I would prefer if the mc is male

Please help me
If you'd like something closer to a traditional book, the first book of Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry is quite well written (if I remember correctly).

If you'd like more of the modern style thriller/survival type, One Day, Suddenly, Seoul Is by Park Chang-Geun is a pretty killer manga (literally).