Historical tag

BucatiPasta

Why does some stuff have historical tag when it's fiction if the main plot isn't about a historical event (real life history) it's not historical or time period then it's not please if whoever has the historical tag wrongly placed on your story please get rid of it please

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Why does some stuff have historical tag when it's fiction if the main plot isn't about a historical event (real life history) it's not historical or time period then it's not please if whoever has the historical tag wrongly placed on your story please get rid of it please
This poor lout got tricked into smut, didn't they?

SailusGebel

Bruh, some authors don't care whether tags and genres fit. As long as it can give them even one extra view they would use the tag.

TheMonotonePuppet

It's just impossible to find anything 😭😭😭
LMAO! Well, if you are looking for a book that has absolutely zero connection to historical tag that I am enjoying and just want recommend to you, The Rise of the Nekomancer is a beauty.

TheMonotonePuppet

And I suppose if I should give a recommendation that actually matters to this thread (Ptooey that, am I right?) "Surviving the Succession" in Royal Road (may be in SH too, but I don't know) does an amazing job of taking historical Chinese elements and creating a convincing, slightly mystical Chinese civilization and culture.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I suddenly had a brilliant idea I will make one and have it become popular then more will make historical novels then then people will stop USING WRONGLY πŸ₯ΈπŸ§‘β€πŸ³πŸ§‘β€πŸ¦―πŸ€ΈπŸ€ΎπŸ§‘β€πŸŽ€πŸ‘±πŸ§‘β€πŸš’
Be the change you want to see. Just don't use emojis in your prose. People might be mad if Teddy Roosevelt is a yellow emoji

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
how do you count something as historical? I put that on my psuedo- medieval setting story because it's neither modern nor future in terms of time; if I need to remove a badly placed tag then oh well, but I'd like to know the criteria for what qualifies

BucatiPasta

how do you count something as historical? I put that on my psuedo- medieval setting story because it's neither modern nor future in terms of time; if I need to remove a badly placed tag then oh well, but I'd like to know the criteria for what qualifies
Does it have history in it like countries kings queens events anything like that?