How Bad Is This Idea?

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
So I was thinking of maybe making a new "book" called "Scratch Pad"

Scratch Pad is where I just post random stuff I may or may not make official in my actual stories. I've got a bunch of material I think about using, but don't. Side ideas, characters that didn't work, stuff I want to do in the future but I haven't made up my mind. It wouldn't be in any particular order and be from multiple stories and also be from stories I have been thinking about but haven't made up my mind.

The purpose would be to encourage readers to go, "Okay. How does this idea strike you?"

Nothing in it would be cannon, but it COULD become cannon. You, da readerz getz to comment/suggest and give feedback to help choose if I am going to ... whatever odd idea pops into my head or not.

Of course it would be Spoiler Heavy.

So, really dumb idea? Cool idea? You ever heard of anyone else trying it before? Did it work? Fail horribly? Thoughts?

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
I do know people who go around doing this kind of thing, presenting their idea to others before actually writing it. It does help with organizing your ideas and all that. Is it a good idea, though? Do you actually have the readers to respond to your thoughts, or would it be just a limbo where they would die?

While it would be great for people to share ideas, it is not really the best place unless you can expect to really have people go there. Not simply be a place where things lie in wait...

Some writers have this creative process where they will first present the idea to others to evaluate the reaction and later decide whether to write it or not. But a place where you're not sure others are going to be reading, and even if they are reading, the fundamental feedback will be returning to you is the main problem with this whole thing.

I think just "throwing" those ideas in places where you are sure to receive some sort of an answer is a better way of getting that much needed feedback you want, even if it comes from people who are possibly not your direct readers.

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
I think there's a rule that makes this type of non story banned from latest updates pages

melchi

What is a custom title?
You could try to make them episodic instead of serialized. If there are familiar things but the short stories are self contained it could work. Like in hell girl, there is a new cast of characters but the one thing they have in common is that someone has a grudge.

StarrGaze

Sounds like something you would use a discord for imo. Although it never hurts to try, I have seen a rule against projects like that but unknown how heavily enforced it is.